Iggy Azalea explains why some of her peers/collaborators haven't spoken out

5 hours ago, DollyParton said:

Sorry, but its embarrassing seeing fans reaching out celebrities like that and ‘forcing’ them to say something about Britney’s case. They don’t owe us anything. I think Iggy’s answer is very good.

I wholeheartedly disagree with this statement. Fans holding female pop stars to account, on the basis of their own words in that “women should support other women” “#metoo” and so forth is justified. How dare pop superstars like Taylor Swift for example to talk about misogyny and the toxic music industry, and talk about how stars like Britney inspired her in her early days, remain tight lipped when push came to shove on a woman’s fight for agency, bodily autonomy and freedom? How can these celebrities square what they’ve advocated for and then remain completely mum on Britney’s case in light of her testimony?

Silence kills. Silence is why so many commit suicide. Silence enables this toxic culture to persist and says that cases like Britney’s is OKAY and it’s NOT okay. 

Embarrassed fans are demanding so-called advocates of women’s rights speak up? I’m f^cking embarrassed there’s fans like you who think silence on cases like these is okay. 

I am one of the fans calling out the hypocrisy on social media. And I applaud any fans who are doing the same. This is a women’s rights issue as it relates to misogyny, reproductive rights; civil liberties being suspended thus a human rights issue and a disability rights issue being that conservatorship’s have been used to abuse disabled, mentally ill and the elderly.  They all intersect in this case. 

Members of Congress are even speaking out in support. It is so important that we see people in positions of influence, who have a large platform, to acknowledge the importance of this case and show their support. Not doing so is a disgusting example of how cases like these are allowed to persist unchecked. 

Seriously. I can’t even. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, MmmBop said:

I wholeheartedly disagree with this statement. Fans holding female pop stars to account, on the basis of their own words in that “women should support other women” “#metoo” and so forth is justified. How dare pop superstars like Taylor Swift for example to talk about misogyny and the toxic music industry, and talk about how stars like Britney inspired her in her early days, remain tight lipped when push came to shove on a woman’s fight for agency, bodily autonomy and freedom? How can these celebrities square what they’ve advocated for and then remain completely mum on Britney’s case in light of her testimony?

Silence kills. Silence is why so many commit suicide. Silence enables this toxic culture to persist and says that cases like Britney’s is OKAY and it’s NOT okay. 

Embarrassed fans are demanding so-called advocates of women’s rights speak up? I’m f^cking embarrassed there’s fans like you who think silence on cases like these is okay. 

I am one of the fans calling out the hypocrisy on social media. And I applaud any fans who are doing the same. This is a women’s rights issue as it relates to misogyny, reproductive rights; civil liberties being suspended thus a human rights issue and a disability rights issue being that conservatorship’s have been used to abuse disabled, mentally ill and the elderly.  They all intersect in this case. 

Members of Congress are even speaking out in support. It is so important that we see people in positions of influence, who have a large platform, to acknowledge the importance of this case and show their support. Not doing so is a disgusting example of how cases like these are allowed to persist unchecked. 

Seriously. I can’t even. 

There could be a million other reasons why certain celebrities and figures of influence aren’t speaking out or publicly supporting the free britney movement, and one cannot simply hold it against them.

you make it sound like it’s a crime to stay silent... you need to realise it’s not as simple as black and white. There are nuances in every situation. Some examples that come to mind are NDAs or their PR teams recommending against it for whatever reason and perhaps they would like to support it in a different way sometime down the line in a more tactful way. Everything is still too new so let’s not jump the gun. 

22 minutes ago, bas che said:

There could be a million other reasons why certain celebrities and figures of influence aren’t speaking out or publicly supporting the free britney movement, and one cannot simply hold it against them.

you make it sound like it’s a crime to stay silent... you need to realise it’s not as simple as black and white. There are nuances in every situation. Some examples that come to mind are NDAs or their PR teams recommending against it for whatever reason and perhaps they would like to support it in a different way sometime down the line in a more tactful way. Everything is still too new so let’s not jump the gun. 

Sorry but simply stating #FreeBritney isn’t breaking an NDA. And staying silent when someone’s human rights are being violated is criminal. You know what the word “complicit” means? When you know there’s abuses unfolding, and you choose to not say anything, you become complicit. Bystanders in any capacity who allow for abuse in any form to take place are just as guilty as the abusers themselves. Upholding the values of human rights and feminism shouldn’t only be when it’s convenient for you. 

5 minutes ago, MmmBop said:

Sorry but simply stating #FreeBritney isn’t breaking an NDA. And staying silent when someone’s human rights are being violated is criminal. You know what the word “complicit” means? When you know there’s abuses unfolding, and you choose to not say anything, you become complicit. Bystanders in any capacity who allow for abuse in any form to take place are just as guilty as the abusers themselves. Upholding the values of human rights and feminism shouldn’t only be when it’s convenient for you. 

But in today's modern Society feminism isn't about supporting women, but tearing down men and making them feel second rate. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Spicechinodiva said:

But in today's modern Society feminism isn't about supporting women, but tearing down men and making them feel second rate. 

As someone who is Gen Z, this is literally what I was taught is not feminism in my social class like a week or 2 ago. What is this false narrative. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

As someone who is Gen Z, this is literally what I was taught is not feminism in my social class like a week or 2 ago. What is this false narrative. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

This is what I get from Taylor swift and others that feminism is male bashing and not supporting women in Hollywood..

The real feminism is there but it's not mainstream cos it's not the agenda of the elite 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, MmmBop said:

With that logic, every single person on the whole wide world is a criminal. I saw what is happening in Palestine, I didn’t tweet about it. Am I guilty? I saw all the killing that is happening in Burma and Myanmar, but chose not to post about. Again, am I guilty? I saw two people trade punches in the street. I didn’t intervene and just continued waking. Am I guilty? 

you get the point. While you’re at it, play this superb song. 

Can y'all stop bugging these others celebs? It's making this fan base look just as bad and toxic as some of the others out there.

She hasn't spoken bad about Britney.  She did her part within the restrictions she can, and by respecting Britney's privacy.

43 minutes ago, bas che said:

With that logic, every single person on the whole wide world is a criminal. I saw what is happening in Palestine, I didn’t tweet about it. Am I guilty? I saw all the killing that is happening in Burma and Myanmar, but chose not to post about. Again, am I guilty? I saw two people trade punches in the street. I didn’t intervene and just continued waking. Am I guilty? 

you get the point. While you’re at it, play this superb song. 

You need to learn how to properly execute a sound rebuttal. There’s something called a “False Equivalence”. Congratulations, you’ve created one! Comparing familial abuse or domestic abuse with the examples you provided is absolutely ridiculous. Nice try though. Sincerely…

Hmm.... I'm starting to think that Team CON invited all these stars to Britney's Vegas show to make them sign NDAs... What if they are actually contractually muted? Like what if you go see Britney in show, and go backstage, then you have to sign an NDA. I'm saying this is what they would have done with all the celebs who probably visited Britney backstage, thus muting them.

I wouldn't even be surprised if this was done in an attempt to mute them in case a FreeBritney movement took form.

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, _genic said:

I get it Iggy had NDA since she has worked with her, but Why the hell are others who haven't worked with Brit still silent?

Jamie did NDA with everyone in Hollywood? NDA my ***, b**ches.

Well, if you party with Beyoncé, you sign an NDA...

Maybe if you meet Britney, you sign an NDA as well.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, _genic said:

Is that even possible? Why do those stars sign NDA if they just meet her and say hi? WHAT FOR?

They wouldn't even sign it themselves, their managers could sign it on their behalf and just inform them: "Oh btw, don't talk about Britney on social media".

It's impossible that this whole situation for Britney has not been witnessed by anyone around her. Impossible. A-list artists have witnessed something for sure. Once again, the industry is small and people talk. I worked 6 months in the Canadian industry (Quebec specifically), and the amount of dirt I've heard or seen in a few months was impressive.

The whole Harvey Weinstein is a good example. People witness and see things but are afraid to talk or are forced into silence.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, amiro1989 said:

They wouldn't even sign it themselves, their managers could sign it on their behalf and just inform them: "Oh btw, don't talk about Britney on social media".

It's impossible that this whole situation for Britney has not been witnessed by anyone around her. Impossible. A-list artists have witnessed something for sure. Once again, the industry is small and people talk. I worked 6 months in the Canadian industry (Quebec specifically), and the amount of dirt I've heard or seen in a few months was impressive.

Could you explain what would happen if you break your NDA? Is that that fatal to those who signed NDA financially and legally? I was always curious about that

3 minutes ago, _genic said:

Could you explain what would happen if you break your NDA? Is that that fatal to those who signed NDA financially and legally? I was always curious about that

Fines are very likely. Diffamation lawsuits. Not sure if jail time is an option. I think it's mostly a financial thing. I could be wrong. My NDA was only about my company and not related to the industry, although I did go to events and shows that required NDAs.

NDAs are ironclad. Good luck getting around them.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, amiro1989 said:

The whole Harvey Weinstein is a good example. People witness and see things but are afraid to talk or are forced into silence.

Not to mention NDAs are usually signed way in advance! So it could be presented as a formality - and with entertainment, I'm sure NDAs are just the norm anyway since they don't want things to leak beforehand - but by the time Iggy (or anyone) finds/found out about just how corrupt/weird things were with Team Con, too little too late. They already signed the NDA.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, toxiccriminal said:

Not to mention NDAs are usually signed way in advance! So it could be presented as a formality - and with entertainment, I'm sure NDAs are just the norm anyway since they don't want things to leak beforehand - but by the time Iggy (or anyone) finds/found out about just how corrupt/weird things were with Team Con, too little too late. They already signed the NDA.

That's exactly it.