ACLU NEW Article: Legal in US under conservatorship to lose reproductive rights in many states

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

It is awful but it is legal because conservatorships are meant to be for people who literally don't know what their genitalia is capable of. 

My guess is her team wiltrue

me back with Britney being "very sick" and totally dismiss everything she said in court as the ramblings of a mentally incompetent person. 

Just because it's legal doesn't mean it's right.

Conservatorships as they exist now in US law is inherently abusive, and it is a disability rights issue.

No matter what Britney's mental health is, whether she is perfectly fine, or whether she is worse than what her team is painting her out to be, she should HAVE NOT been subjected to the conservatorship as we see that it was corrupt and abusive from the very beginning.

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/britney-spears-conservatorship-disability-rights/amp?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=onsite-share&utm_brand=teen-vogue&utm_social-type=earned&__twitter_impression=true

1 hour ago, aspireone said:

Just because it's legal doesn't mean it's right.

Conservatorships as they exist now in US law is inherently abusive, and it is a disability rights issue.

No matter what Britney's mental health is, whether she is perfectly fine, or whether she is worse than what her team is painting her out to be, she should HAVE NOT been subjected to the conservatorship as we see that it was corrupt and abusive from the very beginning.

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/britney-spears-conservatorship-disability-rights/amp?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=onsite-share&utm_brand=teen-vogue&utm_social-type=earned&__twitter_impression=true

You don't need to preach to the converted. Personally, I can't delve into the horrors of conservatorships  beyond Britney's case--but Britney never should have been in a conservatorship to begin with. Whether or not there are people who should be in conservatorships, and cases where such a shocking "treatment" might be warranted is not for me to decide. But I know for damned sure any person who knows what their reproductive organs are has a right to choose how to use them.