I can't get my head around the fact that she was literally locked up in a "mental health" facility

In 2019, when it was announced she went to a mental health facility "because she was too worried about her father's health", I honestly thought she would be in a fancy Malibu mental health resort doing yoga, talking about mindfulness and drinking green juices.

Though I supported her out of the cship from the beggining, I didn't really believe the fans that were saying she was locked there. Just because the thought of Britney ******* Spears undergoing something like this just didn't cross my mind as possible. HOW? Especially for someone who been presenting herself as so sane and so capable for the last years. 

Her team, father and anyone involved in this need to rott in jail. Also, if the cship is suppost to help her, when she says she need rest and performing so much is making her anxious, shouldnt her team immediately allow her to rest? Instead they drugged her so she would perform more. This is beyond disgusting. How are the California prosecutors not looking into this???

• Like 6

Yeah I said this comment in another thread but I’m going to say it again:

I’m seriously still so upset and angry about all of this. I feel like I can’t relax or calm down. She’s been drugged, abused, and forced to work for 13 years while having her life, money, and time stolen from her. It’s been done by her own family and all of the people and systems supposed to protect her. Every single entity that was supposed to protect her failed her. Imagine if the paralegal never spoke out. That’s the only reason we’ve gotten this far today. 

She’s never had the freedom to truly live the life she wants. And we were complicit in all of this. And she’s still stuck with her abusers right now. I’m sick. 

• Like 5

I can't!!! I've always wondered what led for her anxiety to skyrocket so much in 2019 that she seemed visibly anxious even in small IG videos, no wonder after all of this went through, thanks to an institution that is suppost to "help her". More than vengeance against these people, my biggest wish is for her to heal, she's on her way!

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, Onyxgirl17 said:

It’s the definition of unjust. She’s been EXPLOITED by the media, her family, the courts in California, her “team”, her “lawyer”. Where is justice ?????? 

We demand justice!

And her fans. Let's not forget that WE paid a huge amount of money to attend her soulless shows and get pictures with a stressed out Britney. We used to be complicit. We chose not to see.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, PZHSB said:

In a room with no doors with nothing but a chair that she was more than likely restrained to. Don’t forget that part. 

Hearing that literally blew my mind. That legitimately sounds like solitary confinement - a punishment that only the most deplorable of criminals get. If anyone deserves that kind of treatment, it's James and the rest of Colon Crew.

5 minutes ago, Roger said:

And her fans. Let's not forget that WE paid a huge amount of money to attend her soulless shows and get pictures with a stressed out Britney. We used to be complicit. We chose not to see.

THANK YOU!

I attended the Circus tour in August 2009 and could plainly see that something wasn't right.

From then on out I became one of the only people on this forum — from 2009 to 2019 — who criticized the fanbase for attending her shows and giving the convervators more money.

There was a small group of us who railed against the conservatorship, but we were always lambasted by others on this forum who told Britney's mental health was "none of our business" and a "private family matter."

I'm not saying that to brag, but to point out that the fanbase was wilfully blind to Britney's plight...Even though it was staring them straight in the face.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, HairFullOfSecrets said:

I can't!!! I've always wondered what led for her anxiety to skyrocket so much in 2019 that she seemed visibly anxious even in small IG videos, no wonder after all of this went through, thanks to an institution that is suppost to "help her". More than vengeance against these people, my biggest wish is for her to heal, she's on her way!

and that's the thing, of course I'm mad that Britney went through, but the whole fact that places like this still exist and are allowed to operate, or that they cooperate with people like Britney's handlers, it's unbelievable 

10 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

THANK YOU!

I attended the Circus tour in August 2009 and could plainly see that something wasn't right.

From then on out I became one of the only people on this forum — from 2009 to 2019 — who criticized the fanbase for attending her shows and giving the convervators more money.

There was a small group of us who railed against the conservatorship, but we were always lambasted by others on this forum who told Britney's mental health was "none of our business" and a "private family matter."

I'm not saying that to brag, but to point out that the fanbase was wilfully blind to Britney's plight...Even though it was staring them straight in the face.

I wasn’t active on the form before but I would visit. I stopped visiting and stopped going to shows after the circus tour too. 

4 minutes ago, AP4 said:

I wasn’t active on the form before but I would visit. I stopped visiting and stopped going to shows after the circus tour too. 

Can you imagine what would have happened if the entire fanbase stopped going to her shows?

What if the FF tour had empty seats and they were forced to cancel all of the shows?

How would events have played out then?

It hurts my heart to think about it.

• Like 2
Just now, Steel Magnolia said:

Can you imagine what would have happened if the entire fanbase stopped going to her shows?

What if the FF tour had empty seats and they were forced to cancel all of the shows?

How would events have played out then?

It hurts my heart to think about it.

The circus tour was the first and only show I’ve ever been to. I was underage before that and my parents never let me go so it wasn’t until I was an adult and could buy tickets myself. So from the show itself I couldn’t really see anything was wrong. She was awesome. But when I’d read about the rumored restrictions. And seeing that the conservatorship was extended/made permanent I had to take a step back. I was a hardcore fan back in the day and I just couldn’t anymore it felt wrong. I did listen to the music so it’s not like I didn’t support at all. 2012-2013 was when I stepped back the most because I became a mom and when I’d look at my kids and think of how they just took hers away I understood too well how that could make her “go crazy”

• Like 2
  • Leader
22 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

THANK YOU!

A huge security guy / bodyguard stood behind me for the entire Circus show I went to in Vegas way back when. I was on the floor. I've always believed it was not a coincidence. I had trouble enjoying the show cause I felt so uncomfortable. Could be imagining things but I just found it odd and always have. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, AP4 said:

The circus tour was the first and only show I’ve ever been to. I was underage before that and my parents never let me go so it wasn’t until I was an adult and could buy tickets myself. So from the show itself I couldn’t really see anything was wrong. She was awesome. But when I’d read about the rumored restrictions. And seeing that the conservatorship was extended/made permanent I had to take a step back. I was a hardcore fan back in the day and I just couldn’t anymore it felt wrong. I did listen to the music so it’s not like I didn’t support at all. 2012-2013 was when I stepped back the most because I became a mom and when I’d look at my kids and think of how they just took hers away I understood too well how that could make her “go crazy”

I'm five years older than Britney, so by the time I saw the Circus tour I'd already been to arena or stadium tours for...

- Madonna x 2
- Janet Jackson
- Lady Gaga
- Tina Turner
- AC/DC
- Shania Twain
- Dixie Chicks
- Neil Diamond
- Audioslave
- U2 x 2

Plus a bunch of outdoor festivals, and I used to work next door to MuchMusic in Toronto, so I could watch people like Snoop Dogg rehearsing for their annual awards show...So even though Britney was "good" during the Circus tour, I didn't find her to be "great" compared to her peers. I could tell something was majorly off...It was if they could have replaced her with a lookalike, and nobody would have known the difference.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

A huge security guy / bodyguard stood behind me for the entire Circus show I went to in Vegas way back when. I was on the floor. I've always believed it was not a coincidence. I had trouble enjoying the show cause I felt so uncomfortable. Could be imagining things but I just found it odd and always have. 

I hope you write a book someday, Jordan.

A good, mysterious book.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

THANK YOU!

I would like to think the fans were duped as well into believing that this conservatorship was needed. Lord knows I bought that "privacy" rhetoric hook, line and sinker. But knowing now that Britney wants the world to know the explicit details of her conservatorship puts that narrative on the trash bin. 

• Like 2