Miley Cyrus' former personal assistant seemingly confirms that RCA brought Myah Marie in to rerecord her vocals without her even knowing it

4 hours ago, bruinoc said:

I am not really knowledgeable about song rights, but isn't she listed as a writer in every song on this album? If they really wanted to avoid giving her any rights, why would they credit her as a writer? We know they went out of their way just to give her those writing credits to make it seem like this was her "most personal album" which is total bs because out ofΒ all her albums, I'm guessing this was probably the one she was the least involved in during the writing process.

Β 

But if this is actually true,Β :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao: at her team/label/managementΒ thinking Britney would ever want to claim even 10%Β of thatΒ trash album in the future.Β Britney would never; sheΒ has actual taste.Β 

So when it comes the the masters.Β Β 

Β 

There's two sides.Β 

Β 

Phonographic copyright and copyright aka The P&C were all used to seeing.

Β 

Songwriting is just intellectual property. which is why artists who write have a say where the music can be used, Labels still have to ask the songwriters can they use it in films, tvs , etc. Cos they don't own the intellectual property, just the master recording..this is why Scooter sold Taylor's masters cos she legally πŸ” blocked him everytime, and he knew as a business man, she had every right as a songwriter to say no. (Dedicated to @AdriannnΒ and @InTheZone4Life), now they know why he sold it.Β 

Β 

For some albums, it took Mariah to buy Glitter from Virgin, to pay all the samples she used in the songs and make contracts for royalties to make the cult fan album available for streaming, which is why it's solely credited to Mariah Carey as the owner of her album, however it's the only one she owns, cos her other music is widely available so for some artists they don't want to own their work because it's just easier to renegotiate contracts as a songwriter over the masters.Β 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods

Poor Britney must’ve tried to gain control over the album by refusing to record certain songs and their retaliation is just to bring in Myah so they can craft the album they want. I’m sure that’s why they schedule her with rehearsals so she can’t have time to object to anything. Β Pretty sure they wanted club bangers to fit the club like atmosphere of the residency, how original.

3 minutes ago, Puppy said:

Poor Britney must’ve tried to gain control over the album by refusing to record certain songs and their retaliation is just to bring in Myah so they can craft the album they want. I’m sure that’s why they schedule her with rehearsals so she can’t have time to object to anything. Β Pretty sure they wanted club bangers to fit the club like atmosphere of the residency, how original.

That was the trend back then, and they cared more about money than artistry.Β 

Beyonce talked about this in 2011, saying record labels only cares about singles, not albums, it's all about making the fast money.Β 

Β 

Loosely, they don't care what artists want to sound like, or want to put out, even if it's authentic, if it's not gonna be part of radio trends or sell Millions and millions of copies, they wouldn't care.

Β 

Britney unfortunately was put in that.Β 

Β 

@lustwecantcontrolΒ called this out several times, she didn't want to be pop, but more R&B, unfortunately at that time.Β 

Β 

We see Timberlake got criticized for doing black Music and ripping cultures, Sony saw the backlash and so, they pretty much put artists of non ethnic to do only white pop Music which was techno turbo pop as Billboard called it.Β 

Β 

If you look at the top sellers if was only white people, Rihanna however became the exception because she followed the trend while others didn't..

Β 

Now these days thanks to Β Ariana grande, and the culture shift it's okay to do r&B music, but they're exceptions going by the reviews while Ariana is allowed as it's viewed for people like justin bieber they're viewed by critics as not authentic and just approaiting the culture.Β 

12 minutes ago, Puppy said:

πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ It’s disgusting. The Black Mirror episode with Miley must have been based off Britney and her sick twisted management. β€œWe don’t even need you” 

I mean, we been knew, but the way how they "brag" about overworking Britney to a point where she has no time or energy to record her own songs like it was their masterplan.Β They truly are disgusting people.Β :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

Β Β 

1 hour ago, mythology said:

Probably because our fave sounded horrible:crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

If you listen to Alien stems (either of the 2 leaked sessions), you can clearly notice that her vocals are extremely processed and chopped. It's very clearΒ that she only recorded her vocal take ONCE.Β Even most skilled singers can spend hours and even days to record one song. Britney used to do it and her vocal takes are literally heaven for any producer. Just listen this break the ice recording session (the original recording sessions have over 2 hours of vocal takes) where she plays with her voice and style. It's not about Britney's singing skills, it's her ******* team and management overworking her until she has no energy or time to record her own songs, so **** themΒ :fu_britney_flipping_off_finger_mad:

Β 

Β 

4 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

I mean, we been knew, but the way how they "brag" about overworking Britney to a point where she has no time or energy to record her own songs like it was their masterplan.Β They truly are disgusting people.Β :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

Β Β 

If you listen to Alien stems (either of the 2 leaked sessions), you can clearly notice that her vocals are extremely processed and chopped. It's very clearΒ that she only recorded her vocal take ONCE.Β Even most skilled singers can spend hours and even days to record one song. Britney used to do it and her vocal takes are literally heaven for any producer. Just listen this break the ice recording session (the original recording sessions have over 2 hours of vocal takes) where she plays with her voice and style. It's not about Britney's singing skills, it's her ******* team and management overworking her until she has no energy or time to record her own songs, so **** themΒ :fu_britney_flipping_off_finger_mad:

Β 

Β 

That makes complete sense. Further proof that Britney Jean was rushed.Β  I wish that album was scrapped to begin with, the material was horrible to begin with, never mind her vocals.

With that said, she sounded excellent on Glory and it made up for the ****show that was Myah Jean:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

13 hours ago, Alexanda said:

Till it's gone like 7 seconds Britney and BodyΒ Ache 0%Β :kellyfall_scream_ahh_falling_dead:

But SMSΒ Bangerz is in it.Β 

The line distribution for sms bangerz is incorrect. It’s annoying that someone would dedicate this much time to making these β€œline distribution” videos and they don’t even know Britney’s voice. SMH. Myahs on the song but β€œcatwalk slick talk” is BritneyΒ :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

whyΒ do people even need these videos? it was obvious upon first listenΒ that many of the songs from the last 13 years have not been fully Britney.

14 minutes ago, PrettyGorl said:

Why

I came way too aggressive here Β :orangu_orangutan_ape:Β But I have reasons to feel this way.

1 - When she screamed Free Britney in one of her concerts, a journalist confronted her about it and she answered something along the lines β€œI scream a lot of **** at my concerts”. Clearly backtracking.

2 - She has been extremely close to Britney’s handlers because of common managers and staff. She has to know a lot and she’s keeping it to herself. I feel Britney doesn’t even like her that much by the way she talked about her during the hearing, and rightfully so.

3 - She’s in general very two-faced about everything. She says she loves Britney, yet she’s not showing up for her. She monetized off her situation by snatching a collab with her during Bangerz and did a whole Black Mirror episode basically about her situation.

Now not Britney related: She ****s in all of her music eras once the next one is on the way, so annoying. She was vegan for years and threw veganism under the bus saying she was dying because of it. Excuse me miss if you starve yourself is not anyone’s problem but yoursΒ :jackk_alien:Β She has a farm with 10 pets so she’s morally good to animals.Β 

22 hours ago, IAmJustAKnee said:

Someone on ATRL brought up this point:

"Pretty sure they did this to avoid her having any rights on the masters, if she were to claim them in the future."

Β 

21 hours ago, Alexanda said:

Yes, it was more than BJ!Β 

Femme Fatale (almost every song, but to be fair: They used both vocals here)Β 

Circus (the song)Β 

SMSΒ Bangerz

confirmed by MyahsΒ website

I do think they used herΒ also for the more ***ier stuff, that Britney don't want to do.

Femme Fatale (Britneys Version)

Britney Jean (Britneys Version)

emjj3QG.png