Miley Cyrus' former personal assistant seemingly confirms that RCA brought Myah Marie in to rerecord her vocals without her even knowing it

1 hour ago, Jordan Miller said:

I presume he's only talking about BJ versus all her albums? 

28 minutes ago, car said:

But he said it the “singing you hear her albumS” not album singular or just BJ. 

1 hour ago, Spicechinodiva said:

I think that's what he's talking about Britney Jean, 13 songs on that album. So I get what he's saying. They pretty much had her re record the entire album..

Well, if you think of it myah have been there since circus, but took a greater role by ff . so when he says albumS he maybe means Femme Fatal and Britney Jean (and maybe circus) bj was her 8th record so 3/8 is a lot.

1 hour ago, MacLaura said:

I just don´t understand what is the need for them to do it?

if this is true, I mean, Britney recording the whole thing and the other singer re-recording everything, I can only think of her team believing she didn't sound good enough, which would be abhorrent 

but the whole thing doesn't make any sense, I mean, I know what everybody says, but just like you and many others believe, it just doesn't make any sense to waste double the time, double the effort, the rent of the studio, etc. It would make sense if she didn't record anything, but we did see her at the studio multiple times that year. 

That's why I said on another thread that it's time for all the people that have worked with Britney all these years to come up and talk about their experiences, like what can they lose now? Especially, if they are saying the truth. If they get sued that'd be the confirmation they're not lying, right? Someone has to sacrifice :P 

And about the "albums" as that other person said, if they supposedly did it for BJ, they might as well have done it for FF, I mean, the whole He About to Lose Me chorus is sung by another backup singer, and Britney lipsynched to it on the FFT. But I also  believe this guy must be exaggerating/assuming stuff and they're probably only using the backup singer at parts/specific songs. 

• Like 4
17 minutes ago, Louis-j said:

It happened in FF as well, where her voice is layered with 3 different voices sometimes (Myah's voice included).

And also some Circus songs ; Phonography and Circus.

It’s been happening since the beginning of her career & is completely normal. Background vocals are not the same as overdubs like Britney Jean.. they add texture to the track. The Answer & Don’t Hang Up are two of a handful of tracks in Britney’s catalog where she actually does 100% of the background vocals, stop demonizing what’s been normal for decades for almost every pop artist.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, DollyParton said:

Thats not what this Miley Cyrus friend person says. He literally says Britney recorded it, and this other 'singer' re-recorded what Britney already recorded. So again, what he says doesn't make any sense.

It makes sense to me. Britney recorded BJ and “Bangerz” but not all the vocals were usable. So myah came in and “re-recorded” the weak spots. Not new info.  We knew myah was on bj and bangerz 

• Like 1
On 6/24/2021 at 10:03 PM, nthenwkiss said:

what do we think of this? was it more than BJ? 

Yes, it was more than BJ! 

Femme Fatale (almost every song, but to be fair: They used both vocals here) 

Circus (the song) 

SMS Bangerz

confirmed by Myahs website

I do think they used her also for the more ***ier stuff, that Britney don't want to do.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PrettyGorl said:

It makes sense to me. Britney recorded BJ and “Bangerz” but not all the vocals were usable. So myah came in and “re-recorded” the weak spots. Not new info.  We knew myah was on bj and bangerz 

+ She had rehearsed for her Vegas-tour, there was no time to record an album! 

1 hour ago, IAmJustAKnee said:

Someone on ATRL brought up this point:

"Pretty sure they did this to avoid her having any rights on the masters, if she were to claim them in the future."

I am not really knowledgeable about song rights, but isn't she listed as a writer in every song on this album? If they really wanted to avoid giving her any rights, why would they credit her as a writer? We know they went out of their way just to give her those writing credits to make it seem like this was her "most personal album" which is total bs because out of all her albums, I'm guessing this was probably the one she was the least involved in during the writing process.

But if this is actually true, :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao: at her team/label/management thinking Britney would ever want to claim even 10% of that trash album in the future. Britney would never; she has actual taste. 

On 6/24/2021 at 1:03 PM, nthenwkiss said:

what do we think of this? was it more than BJ? 

I used to be a professional singer, and I worked in that industry for many years. Anyone that sings knows Britney's voice is totally damaged, so it would not surprise me if this was 100% true for albums like BJ & FF - especially the way she spoke about her team yesterday and their treatment of her. 

I could spend hours dissecting everything, but you can hear it simply in her speaking voice, since it's so crackly - it's not supported well. Unless she dedicated hours to practicing and worked with a vocal coach, this will never change. Britney loves dancing more than singing - the music at this point is just a reason for her to be on stage. You can hear how shaky her voice is just WALKING & singing "Happy Bday" on the X-Factor from years ago. At this point, she's a studio singer, and I think she's accepted that... for now. 

I hope and pray that IF she ever returns to music it would be more raw, perhaps like pop-country, where she can comfortably use her own singing voice, not be given songs that aren't written specifically for her vocal range. 

But more importantly, what does Britney want? Does she want to continue this sound? Or does she want to go back to her natural voice and register? Because even her speaking voice is raised forcefully at this point. She probably had no attachment to most of the songs on FF or BJ so, has zero ****s to give if this is true because she was not connected to her artistry then... 

This could be years of just "LA talking" or whatnot but I also do think at some point when Britney DID dance & sing live, she probably suffered vocal-nodes or was pre-nodule and never said anything about it. This will cause your voice to become damaged and weaker, especially if not treated. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, FlexAroundTheWorld said:

I used to be a professional singer, and I worked in that industry for many years. Anyone that sings knows Britney's voice is totally damaged, so it would not surprise me if this was 100% true for albums like BJ & FF - especially the way she spoke about her team yesterday and their treatment of her. 

I could spend hours dissecting everything, but you can hear it simply in her speaking voice, since it's so crackly - it's not supported well. Unless she dedicated hours to practicing and worked with a vocal coach, this will never change. Britney loves dancing more than singing - the music at this point is just a reason for her to be on stage. You can hear how shaky her voice is just WALKING & singing "Happy Bday" on the X-Factor from years ago. At this point, she's a studio singer, and I think she's accepted that... for now. 

I hope and pray that IF she ever returns to music it would be more raw, perhaps like pop-country, where she can comfortably use her own singing voice, not be given songs that aren't written specifically for her vocal range. 

But more importantly, what does Britney want? Does she want to continue this sound? Or does she want to go back to her natural voice and register? Because even her speaking voice is raised forcefully at this point. She probably had no attachment to most of the songs on FF or BJ so, has zero ****s to give if this is true because she was not connected to her artistry then... 

This could be years of just "LA talking" or whatnot but I also do think at some point when Britney DID dance & sing live, she probably suffered vocal-nodes or was pre-nodule and never said anything about it. This will cause your voice to become damaged and weaker, especially if not treated. 

We need to speak about the forced baby voice to make her sound ****.

Her first two albums, had this southern growl and a deeper voice, mind you she was way more up front about doing Sheryl crow type music. Which makes sense since most of her childhood videos have her singing country or southern rock as that was very popular at that time when she was a kid. It didn't take until the 00s for hip hop to be coming from the south..

It mostly was either east coast or west coast, but not the south until the 00s..

4 hours ago, Louis-j said:

It happened in FF as well, where her voice is layered with 3 different voices sometimes (Myah's voice included).

And also some Circus songs ; Phonography and Circus.

Something blatant from FF that stands out to me is the “I can almost feel the lace” bridge on upndown. 
Is there a thread where people have dissected FF and figured out which parts are myah? That’d be super interesting 

46 minutes ago, FlexAroundTheWorld said:

This whole post would be an amazing YouTube video idea. Your take is so good 

13 minutes ago, Aymama said:

Something blatant from FF that stands out to me is the “I can almost feel the lace” bridge on upndown. 
Is there a thread where people have dissected FF and figured out which parts are myah? That’d be super interesting 

She is in: 

Trouble For Me

Drop Dead (Beautiful)

Till The World Ends

Gasoline

Hold It Against Me 

According to her website. 

But the "Come on" in Inside out is also Myah. 

https://www.myahmarie.com/listen/

• Like 1

Yeah what he says kinda doesn’t add up. I assume he’s talking about Britney Jean here... I always thought that the album was kinda rushed and Britney didn’t have much time to lay down more vocals and that’s when Myah came in. I doubt Myah rerecorded an entire song with Britney’s vocals on it.

Edited by Isla
  • Like 1