Stephen Colbert supports Britney Spears and #FreeBritney on-air (VIDEO)

Not the easiest to swallow but really it is a comedy show and he is actually sending the right message with funny references in between and he didn't mock Britney once throughout the whole thing. Or do you expect comedians just to sit and cry talking about her situation? Comedians talk about harsh things in a funny way (or at least try), It's literally their job. In my opinion it wasn't offensive, but everyone is allowed to feel however tbh

• Like 1

I think it was great. The jokes were not mean at all, on the contrary, they referenced Britney's career and he only said how great she is. He approached the subject with humor and empathy. I was actually moved by seeing a major TV personality being supportive of her and the audience agreeing and cheering which is something that in the past would have been exactly the opposite.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, CoasterFreak18 said:

Imagine how insecure you have to be to bravely insult a comedian with an anonymous profile on an online forum, with an audience of people who will not rebuke you.  The courage you must have!

Sounds like someone got his little feelings hurt and decided to counter with some personal jabs at someone he doesn't even know.... 

Golden Girls Rose GIF by TV Land

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Scrappy said:

Was it singles or all her songs he used?

well, besides Circus and Oops, which used the album cover of the same title, all of the other references used singles, except for Don't Cry which I think was custom made, because I can't find that particular artwork online, with the BJ logo and that font. So maybe the script was written by a true fan that knew more than just the singles 

It raised awareness with a different kind of audience, and not degraded Britney on any level. It still had to be humorous, I think he’s done well, in a type of entertainment where it is still the main objective to tear people down! 

Captain Colon got boo’d as soon as he was mentioned! Clearly indicates whose side the general public’s on! 

On 6/24/2021 at 11:22 PM, Marcanthony said:

I don't like people are still making jokes in between. Do they not realize how serious this is?

Here we go with the sensitive generation... Please stop finding issues that aren't relevant. 

This is not a news show. It's a comedy late night talk-show. It's gossip based. The fact that they brought her transcript into it and managed to make a light-hearted sketch out of it and still give people the FACTS and BRITNEY'S WORDS is amazing, and whoever wrote the bit at the end with all the singles deserves an Emmy. That was brilliant and poignant. For that sort of genre of television, that was really well done.