Britney was told to wear a blonde wig for the Blackout photoshoot, she refused

16 hours ago, CJMCH said:

A little back story to these new HQ/untagged outtakes is that Britney was told by the label, she barely had a team back then, to wear a blonde wig for the Blackout photoshoot, done by Ellen Von Unwerth. They had several options ready for her to chose from, but she refused and wanted to use her own hair/extensions for it. Blackout was all about her calling the shots.

Since the glam team was not supposed to do her own hair, but a wig instead, they used several propsΒ to hide the imperfections of her own extensions. As we all know, the shot was done at the very late night (early morning)Β with Britney appearing randomly nearby the location of the shoot.

Enjoy the outtakes!

20.jpg

21.jpg

Β 

For reference, this is her the day of the shot (July 24th, 2007). She did it very early in the morning and was ready to go on a shopping spree that same day:

003~231.jpg

Well...herΒ legs look more muscular after the session hahahahaΒ :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

6 hours ago, THE BAJAN VIBE said:

I'm happy and proud she refused to wear the blonde wig. It's one of the biggest artistic moments in Britney's career since she got to express herself. Actually, 'Blackout' was the first album after years of rebellion because Britney was trying to express herself throughΒ her music for a very long time. She was sick of being just aΒ product and she wanted to be an artist.Β 

Blackout's concept and the original concept for the Gimme More music video was about killing off the old Britney Spears image, to get a 'reborn' and get the next step in her career as singer, performer, artist and songwriter.Β :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

This!!!! The pop star Britney was supposed to be killed off. Similar to what George Michael did for his Freedom! (β€˜90) music video.

Even something like this is sad. I don't want to put Britney into a box like this. An artist should have the freedom of doing what they want, even for something like how she wants to look. Yeah, I do tend to think of Britney as having blonde hair since she's had blondeish hair the majority of the time but that's not to say I'm gonna throw hissy fits if she has dark hair or if she went all in and did this era with her shaved head. It's not a big deal. I always care about the content being put out. Is it good? Then that's all that should matter imo.

It reminded me of the velvet rope shoot for the album art Ellen did with Janet, you can definitely tell Ellen likes the darker side of pop stars, and is very underrated if you think about it..

Β 

We rarely talk about her, like how we talk about Herb Ritts, Jean Baptiste Mindino..

Β 

Even Ellen's shoot with the Spice girls in 1997 actually set the tone for her aesthetic.Β  Glossy but grimy as well.Β 

This is ridiculous. Just because Britney Online posted that on Twitter saying β€œshe was asked to wear a blonde wig for this shoot” does NOT make it true. We don’t have any proof for this claim except for what Britney Online (just an other fan) said 🀣🀣 I can’t believe y’all are actually buying this.

• Like 2