Britney was told to wear a blonde wig for the Blackout photoshoot, she refused

A little back story to these new HQ/untagged outtakes is that Britney was told by the label, she barely had a team back then, to wear a blonde wig for the Blackout photoshoot, done by Ellen Von Unwerth. They had several options ready for her to chose from, but she refused and wanted to use her own hair/extensions for it. Blackout was all about her calling the shots.

Since the glam team was not supposed to do her own hair, but a wig instead, they used several props to hide the imperfections of her own extensions. As we all know, the shot was done at the very late night (early morning) with Britney appearing randomly nearby the location of the shoot.

Enjoy the outtakes!

For reference, this is her the day of the shot (July 24th, 2007). She did it very early in the morning and was ready to go on a shopping spree that same day:

003~231.jpg

bo.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 6
10 minutes ago, Marcanthony said:

Ewww why would anyone try to go for Blonde for Blackout?

Her label/remaining team at that time was always pushing for Blondeney, hence why they recorded the blonde Britney at the bar on another date, after the Gimme More MV shot was already done ( this is the reason why the unedited Michael Cromy's version doesn't have those scenes there). This is also why they pushed for blonde Britney for the Piece of Me music video.

25 minutes ago, Brit52 said:

I literally can't picture this shoot with blondney

Me neither tbh.

4 minutes ago, Body ache said:

I'm sorry but she slayed this hair.

She did!

3 minutes ago, Who Can I Trust said:
37 minutes ago, CJMCH said:

My favourite album of hers. I’ll never understand how this photo never made it into the final booklet or at least the album cover! Thank you @CJMCH for sharing these in hq!😁

You're welcome!

• Like 2
  • Exhale+

Urgh If she ever get out of this situation, and she wants to continue with music, I hope she’ll be able to take the indie route and so she can make the make she wants with the creative image she wants to present without any interference and basically gives us new blackouts, glory’s and original dolls