New York Times: Britney Spears’s Courtroom Plea Spurs Questions for Her Lawyer

I know Ingham is the focus right now because there is no excuse whatsoever for not having made it 100% clear to Britney that she could end the conservatorship if she thought it wasn't good for her, but this...

3 hours ago, CoasterFreak18 said:

After Ms. Spears’s remarks, Mr. Ingham said he would step aside if asked, but the current judge in the case, Brenda Penny, did not lay out in detail what the next steps would be to address Ms. Spears’s concerns about the conservatorship or her legal representation.

She's a JUDGE, she should be directing everybody and making each party act to accomplish whatever is needed; instead, she's just slowly and vaguely reacting to whatever is thrown at her each time. That's inefficient and corrupt.

2 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

I know Ingham is the focus right now because there is no excuse whatsoever for not having made it 100% clear to Britney that she could end the conservatorship if she thought it wasn't good for her, but this...

She's a JUDGE, she should be directing everybody and making each party act to accomplish whatever is needed; instead, she's just slowly and vaguely reacting to whatever is thrown at her each time. That's inefficient and corrupt.

I do think that judge Penny might be corrupt and/or incompetent, but judges primarily are suppost to react to requests from the parties. At least that's how it works here in Brazil. Saying she's doing that doesn't seem to make the case against her. But maybe cships cases like this require a more active judge, who knows.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, HairFullOfSecrets said:

I do think that judge Penny might be corrupt and/or incompetent, but judges primarily are suppost to react to requests from the parties. At least that's how it works here in Brazil. Saying she's doing that doesn't seem to make the case against her. But maybe cships cases like this require a more active judge, who knows.

Mrs. Carmen Lúcia would never let this be...

I'm so disappointed in this guy.

But at the same time, he's actually been doing far more for her than I thought he was.

Up until 2019, I honestly thought he was doing nothing for her, but we're seeing that he was advocating for her to some extent.

However...

I still don't believe that Ingham is the biggest problem here. Even when he does advocate for her, and tries to mitigate the situation, the judge does absolutely nothing and appears to brush off his requests.

It looks to me like Goetz and Penny have been bought off...It's as if Ingham knows there is no hope, so why bother trying?

• Like 2
5 hours ago, rennen said:

Also, the NYT must be receiving these leaked documents from someone within the court itself.....and I'm here for it. 

Maybe a Britney fan? Or maybe just someone who believes in human rights. :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

I used to think it was Loeb & Loeb leaking the documents...

But I now suspect it's Lynne's lawyer. Especially after seeing that he was the only lawyer in the room that spoke up and demanded that Britney be allowed to talk freely when others objected.