A letter to Ms. Britney Jean Spears

I am straight 28 year old female from India and today I am writing this because I might not say this to her in person ever. 

I was just 4 on my Aunt's lap and MTV was on as she is a big fan of Madonna so love to catch her on MTV and I completely remember this time when Baby one more time came - at that time I didn't even know english language but when I saw her I started jumping and my face was shinning my aunt took a picture of me and it is now framed in my hometown and I can never forget it. When oops came I begged my father to buy me her CD because at that time CDs costed a bomb because of the import duty but I had to wait in line to get it and I still didn't because it sold out within minutes - she also was quoted in my local newspaper stating - Kids are in love with Britney Spears. I can never forget that moment alone, I have watched her 6 times by now and they have been the best nights of my life. My first 6 month salary was her Piece of me show and I don't regret it at all. 

Though I am not a dancer, Britney was my first English music song - my first 8-9 CDs and my first live show the amount of memories I hold is something I will never be able to explain in words. 

I remember the time when I saw her and I instantly felt I never seen this pretty face in my life, her abs I always wanted to have. As I've grown up as a musician Britney is the only pop music I always go back listening to. Apart from her no pop star has touched the way she has and will never will. 

1998-2004 was truly a time to be in madly in love, I collected everything she sold - she was everywhere and she was so happy during this period of her life, I can never forget how her smile captured me in the first place and not her music. 

I come from a time where English music was absolutely non-existent and she came in like a blaze, it was like if you don't listen to Britney you will be judged - without the era of internet she became a worldwide phenomenon because she did what others before her couldn't and still new pop stars are not able to. 

After yesterday, my heart is heavy and I can't stop thinking about her. I feel as a society we have truly failed her and what she went on for 13 years will never leave my mind. This women is the strongest human being I've come across and I will be a forever person to love her. Her family and this society completely destroyed this women and I can't pray for anything else other than her freedom and have a life she truly deserves. 

I will forever love this women and as an artist she has touched me in so many ways, I will forever be grateful to come at a time where Britney Spears got her debut. I am truly grateful to witness her. Thank you Britney! You will get what you deserve, and we all love you. 

Just wanted to share my memory of her. Thank you!

Just now, SlayOut said:

That's a beautiful tribute to our Queen! Thanks for sharing it here! :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

I feel like many fans are probably feeling similar to what you expressed! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

My heart is very heavy since yesterday, and I couldn't concentrate on anything I didn't even sleep. I have cried so much hearing her yesterday. Truly as a society and her family has failed her as I know her family will face consequences but whatever we say 13 years are lost and will never come back. 

• Like 1