Britney: Domination - What Really Happened?

Bear with me, please. After listening to Britney’s groundbreaking testimony yesterday, I slowly but surely started to realize the timeline given by Team B doesn’t add up with what Britney told us.

October 18: Domination is announced. Britney tells us she us she was exhausted and did not want to do this show. 

November 5: Britney shares Scream & Shout rehearsal videos

(The other rehearsal videos are gone form Instagram but I’m assuming they’re in between here)

December 19: Britney announces she just finished putting up her Christmas tree and she can’t wait for the show.

January 4: Domination cancelled

Here’s where things got fishy for me: during her testimony Britney said her team told her it was okay to cancel the show. Britney agreed but feared of repercussions. A couple days later Doctor Benson says to her that he was told Britney wasn’t “cooperating” during rehearsals and put her on lithium. She said she wasn’t allowed to leave her house for a month and was alone in her home during the two week Christmas holiday.

From what we can assume from her story since she doesn’t provide specific months/dates is that she must have officially tapped out of the show around later November, a little over a month after announcing. We can assume Britney was put onto lithium around this time/the start of December.  We can also assume from her perspective and by what she was saying at her testimony that she was under the impression that the show was indeed off. 

so if that is the case, why was the show not officially cancelled until January? Also, why was the show being continuously promoted through released ads (albeit one teaser trailer) as well as Instagram posts?  The December 19th video strikes me as particularly strange because Britney said she was on lithium and felt so extremely drunk over the two week holiday period. Not just that, but it kind of doesn’t make much sense to me for Britney to have only put up her Christmas tree 5 days before Christmas. This is typically done in households around late November/really early December. I’m not saying it is impossible, but given the timeline of what she was telling us it doesn’t make much sense. Britney doesn’t appear to be “almost drunk” in that video. 

for my next point, it is purely speculative and I have no actual backing. We only have so many videos of Britney rehearsing. In most of the short videos, she’s wearing the same outfit: white crop with black sweats. We have one video of her performing Coupure Électrique in a different outfit but with a mask on. Many people assumed she was wearing a mask as a stand in for a costume piece that would conceal her mouth because she “doesn’t know the words”. While this *very well* may have been the case, i don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility to assume this was one of the last rehearsals she was attending. 

My personal theory is that Team B was assuming Britney was feeling sick because she wasn’t “cooperating” and decides to take preventive measures against possible airborne illness by having her wear a mask during rehearsal before they came to the conclusion that her “medication stopped working”. If we take this theory into consideration, it would possibly explain why there seems (at least on a surface level) to be a lack or Britney rehearsal videos. Something tells me she only had appeared for rehearsals for the month of October/November but was completely absent for December. This could possibly explain the abundance of stand in rehearsal videos. 

My question still stands, why were rehearsals continuing if Britney was told she didn’t have to do the show? One could argue all the dancers/production team was alerted the show was off around the same time Britney cancelled, but if that’s the case why was NappyTabs promoting the show moments before they announced it was cancelled?

Some people subscribe to the theory that Domination was an insurance scam. I always thought it was ludicrous and outlandish to assume that this was the whole show’s purpose,  but looking at it now it is possible that was an element to the story. I know with the Piece of Me contract it said something along the lines that the only way they could get out of cancelling the show without having to pay a ton of money was if the conservator (Jamie) fell ill (if I’m not mistaken, that is).

My theory is Team B felt Britney was “not cooperating” during rehearsals and initially thought she was feeling ill so they made her push through rehearsal but to just wear a mask (I mean they DID make her perform with a 104 degree fever). Once they “figured out” that her “medication stopped working” they pulled her from rehearsals altogether thinking they could “fix her” with new medication and convince her/pressure her to come back to Vegas (likely under the threat of legal action) after they told her she could cancel. I think when they saw “her condition” was worsening that’s when they decided to send her to the rehab home and hastily put together the “Jamie is sick” story in order to avoid lawsuit from the Park MGM (assuming her contract was similar to Piece of Me). 

Again, that’s all my theory. My question here is why was Domination being pushed forward with if Britney said from her perspective the show was canceled before Christmas? Was it something along my theory? Could it have been to fulfill contractual obligations with the Park MGM, NappyTabs, and/or the dancers? My last point I wanna bring up is that when the show was cancelled it was labeled as “postponed”. I can’t provide a receipt, but I remember very early on that the Park MGM teeter they were hoping to get Britney back in by 2020. We also have the insider from the podcast who said Larry was the one who said the postponement/Jamie story will be good for ticket sales for when they would eventually return to Vegas. If the plan all along was to return to Vegas (before Britney announced she was refusing to work), why were fans’ tickets refunded almost immediately? You would think her money hungry/cash grab team would keep hold of those ticket sales for as long as they could. It just doesn’t make any sense. 

What do you think? Thanks for sticking with the post if you’ve made it this far :) 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Britman512 said:

Oh honey this looks like such a good read but I need a summary darling:mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

Lol I’m done reading

i mean I have the same questions you do?

im wondering why Jamie would cancel a show that would bring in lots of money just to punish Britney for not wanting to do dance move?!

she’s already been forced to do pom and tour, why wouldn’t they just force her again to do domination…why was the mental hopsital and the excuse her meds weren’t working the only answer???

Ig we’re gonna have to wait for that good book from Britney 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Britman512 said:

Lol I’m done reading

im wondering why Jamie would cancel a show that would bring in lots of money just to punish Britney for not wanting to do dance move?!

she’s already been forced to do pom and tour, why wouldn’t they just force her again to do domination…why was the mental hopsital and the excuse her meds weren’t working the only answer???

Yeah it just doesn’t match their previous motives. Stuff must have been really escalating behind the scenes as this is around the same time Andrew Wallet left. Unless she was truly getting really fed up and finally put her foot down and started to refuse to abide by their rules 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Britman512 said:

Lol I’m done reading

I feel like his plan was for Britney to resume the show once she was out of her punishment at the Mental Facility. I mean, nobody saw the paralegal voicemail coming. 

Britney was talking very fast, but at one moment she kinda mentions she didn't have to do the show "now". So even if she took it as if she didn't have to do the show at all, I think they were planning for it to start later in the year. 

• Like 8
1 minute ago, PokemonSpears said:

I feel like his plan was for Britney to resume the show once she was out of her punishment at the Mental Facility. I mean, nobody saw the paralegal voicemail coming. 

Britney was talking very fast, but at one moment she kinda mentions she didn't have to do the show "now". So even if she took it as if she didn't have to do the show at all, I think they were planning for it to start later in the year. 

I feel like she fears she’s going to get into legal trouble regarding the show which I don’t think would be the case at all. I think they’ve convinced her that she is the one who will take major fall and can be sued if she were to speak out against anything 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

This seems like the mostly likely scenario. Plus, it isn't easy to get out of contracts, so team con might have been trying to get Britney to a place where they could manipulate her and force her to work again while simultaneously looking into ways to break the contract in the event that they couldn't make her work.

• Like 4

I think Britney wanted to do the show and was excited about doing her own choreo, but I think the fact that she didn’t have a break took a toll on her and she couldn’t do it. They told her she could just postpone it and it sounded like she was fine with that and that at the time she just needed a break.

• Like 2
Just now, studlygeorge said:

I feel like she fears she’s going to get into legal trouble regarding the show which I don’t think would be the case at all. I think they’ve convinced her that she is the one who will take major fall and can be sued if she were to speak out against anything 

That meshes with the name on Atara Tours being changed from Jamie's to Britney's as the "President."

Jamie was all for taking responsibility...Until there was a prospect of his tour company being sued.

But he seemed more than willing to let Britney take the fall.

Apr. 3, 2019 - Atara Tours undergoes a name change; Britney is named President, replacing James P. Spears. None of the other LLC's are changed.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

The waters are so murky regarding rather it was a cancellation or postponement 

like we have no clue if she is still contractually signed to do this show at a later date…

I actually thought the show was what she was originally referring to when she first mentioned the things shes required to do 

but even if she was being pushed to do domination as evidence that shes “healthy and stable” 

shes right she has nothing else to prove she can do it all!

2 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

That meshes with the name on Atara Tours being changed from Jamie's to Britney's as the "President."

Jamie was all for taking responsibility...Until there was a prospect of his tour company being sued.

But he seemed more than willing to let Britney take the fall.

Apr. 3, 2019 - Atara Tours undergoes a name change; Britney is named President, replacing James P. Spears. None of the other LLC's are changed.

Oh wow that makes so much sense, you should make a thread dedicated to this theory if you know more about it

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

about your other questions

as you said, it's hard to tell 'cause she's not giving specific dates, but what I understood is that the lithium thing didn't come until January. Well, it's hard to tell if she was still rehearsing in December, but she said the lady examining her came over the two-week holiday. She talked about the lithium first, but she mentioned she was prevented from leaving her home for a month, this seems to me like it was January, or even after that, remember the day they announced the cancellation of the show she was seen grabbing a milkshake or something, and then later in the month we saw her driving at in-n-out, after that is when we stopped seeing her.

these were the last candids of her in December 08 2018

021.jpg

I think the only way would be for the dancers to speak their version of the story 

• Like 1

Let's all remember...

Atara Tours is not one of Britney's original LLC's.

It was created by Jamie as a way to make millions following the probate court allowing him to be the "tour manager" for the FF Tour.

https://www.tmz.com/2011/09/27/britney-spears-dad-jamie-spears-larry-rudolph-manager-conservator-tour-manager-seven-figure-deal-femme-fatale-tour/

This is racketeering.

"...racketeering may refer to an organized criminal act in which the perpetrators offer a service that will not be put into effect, offer a service to solve a nonexistent problem, or offer a service that solves a problem that would not exist without the racket. In many other cases, however, traditional racketeering may also involve perpetrators or racketeers offering an ostensibly effectual service (such as protection from other criminals) that may in fact solve an actual existing problem, with the racketeers offering to protect a business from robbery or vandalism; however, these racketeers will themselves coerce or threaten the business into accepting this service, often with the threat (implicit or otherwise) that failure to acquire the offered services will lead to the racketeers themselves contributing to the existing problem. Particularly, in many cases, the potential problem may be caused by the same party that offers to solve it, but that fact may be concealed, with the specific intent to engender continual patronage for this party."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racketeering

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Britman512 said:

The waters are so murky regarding rather it was a cancellation or postponement 

like we have no clue if she is still contractually signed to do this show at a later date…

I actually thought the show was what she was originally referring to when she first mentioned the things shes required to do 

but even if she was being pushed to do domination as evidence that shes “healthy and stable” 

shes right she has nothing else to prove she can do it all!

at first MGM managed it as if it was postponed, but I think it was the same 2019 or 2020 that they confirmed it was indeed cancelled

we haven't heard of them taking any legal actions against Britney or the management though, so who knows what was the agreement 

the xmas video could have been recorded way before they uploaded it. and like others have mentioned, they probably thought they could convince her of coming back to do the show later on.

honestly, I think that without the voicemail everything would have returned to "normal". another residency later that year or more music

• Like 3

off topic, I came across these candids of her at the airport during the 2018 tour 

021.jpg

018.jpg

it made me think of all those stories I've read about employees sharing tips from when they find someone suspicious, like they could've been taking them against their will, or that recommendation of putting like a fork in your underwear or something like that so  they take you to a private room separate from your handler so you can speak freely