What songs do you listen to differently after hearing Britney speak?

No more chains that you gave me
Enough of pain, now I'm craving
Something sweet, so delight
How can you men stand sleeping at night?
The silly pattern that I followed
I saw my mama being swallowed
By the one, who she loved
He pulled her down, couldn't see up above
Manipulation was his key
He screwed it in, 'cause she was naive
We're not perfect, we must say
But, now I've got to run away

All that she wants is another baby
She's gone tomorrow, boy
All that she wants is another baby (Yeah)

• Like 1

I'm feeling very conflicted about listening to her post-cship music now. Glory, I feel like is actually her and what she wanted for her music (can't say the same about FF or BJ), but it also was recorded while she was being abused.

Also, it's crazy how Lucky was a foreshadowing of her own future life. It's so sad. I used to believe Mona Lisa was a foreshadowing as well, but I don't think it fully is. They never managed to break her. 13 years, and she's still fighting harder than ever. What an unbelievably incredible woman. ****, I'm getting teary-eyed again. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Today has been both great and devastating. Great in the sense we finally heard from Britney all the horrors she’s endured and how she lied constantly about being okay when she wasn’t. Devastating in the sense that everything makes sense now. The awkward meet and greets, the stiff performances, the sad eyes during Femme Fatale and X Factor. I mean who could subject someone to that, much less their own flesh and blood. Today was a lot to digest, but it got me thinking about her music and hearing certain songs now make me feel a certain way. 

I’ve always appreciated Stronger, but hearing it after today gives the song new meaning. “I’ve had enough. I’m not your property as from today. You might think that I won’t make it on my own, but now I’m stronger than yesterday. Now it’s nothing, but my way. My loneliness ain’t killing me no more” and “I used to go with the flow” 

Also Brave New Girl and “She's gonna pack her bags. She's gonna find her way. She's gonna get right out of this” and “She's gonna step outside
Uncover her eyes
Who knew she could feel so alive
Her M.O.'s changed
She don't wanna behave
Ain't it good to be a brave girl tonight” 

Also Work ***** haunts me now. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

Which songs will you listen to differently now? 

415BDE2A-DD12-4E13-AE0D-10026D2BAC47.thumb.jpeg.49665ccb8a017f4164025d6d81f42936.jpeg

I agree 100% about Work *****!

I thought of that this morning, and almost started balling….

• Like 1

Sorry I'm obsessed with this thread

UMMM  - tbh in hindsight it seems to me the Britney Jean really did start off as her most personal album, but they moved the personal tracks to the end on the deluxe version 

Brightest Morning Star / Hold on Tight / Now that I found you - all low key (and high key) religious but that's because "God" is literally all she had during these times. I personally believe BJ started out taking a spiritual route but then her dad decided that it had to be ****. It's a good EP if you take a few songs out

*Alien

*Perfume

*Passenger

*Don't Cry

*Brightest Morning Star

*Hold on Tight

*Now That I Found You

I haven’t been able to enjoy her music properly for a while ( since maybe 2018, beginning of 2019 when the voicemail was left and we began to learn about Lou)… after last night’s hearing I never want to listen to Britney Jean again (I am absolutely certain that she didn’t want to record when she knew what direction the album was going in, hence Myah). And I don’t want to listen to Femme Fatale (she wasn’t happy with the direction of the album). Pre conservatorship music is what I’m hoping to re-explore until she speaks out more. 

14 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

someone commented on the I Wanna Go anniversary thread, and yeah, it hits different now

not just the video with the **** you, but also the lyrics

Lately people got me all tied up
There's a countdown waiting for me to erupt
Time to blow out
I've been told who I should do it with
To keep both my hands above the blanket
When the lights out

It's "I've been told what I should do with it."  :gimmemoar_britney_hat_more_gimme_giggle_haha_hehe_lol_2007_vmas_lmao:

• Like 1