What songs do you listen to differently after hearing Britney speak?

13 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

but it really is the most personal song, because it's literally what they've made her do all this time

literally it was like "you want this, then you better work *****"

she's been telling us her truth all these years

even after the freebritney movement, it really fits the whole thing with lyrics such as "spread the word" and "go call the governuh"

crazy - and in the video they advertise the residency.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, nthenwkiss said:

I can’t listen to anything post conservatorship and I can’t believe I went to the piece of me tour when it came here - she did not want to be there! I have fed the machine for too long I hate this feeling - I didn’t know Britney; I would’ve never supported any of that; I hope she doesn’t resent us.

i got the feel too.. but tbh as much as she doesnt want to be in the tour. Im sure she still feel the loved by her fans who actually loved her.

I agree I feel like work ***** is trolling her team.

even though the music after the conservatorship seems like it could be problematic, we really don’t know that and for all we know she enjoys the outlet. Like I don’t doubt she liked making femme fatale, but def didn’t want to perform it.

• Like 2

this might sound weird but I feel absolutely haunted at this moment to listen to any Britney at all, hopefully this feeling will pass on quickly enough because going through a day without listening to her is just weird to me but after hearing her gentle voice mentioning all of that... can't wrap my head around it

• Like 2

Even before the hearing, listening to Work ***** and Slave was more and more hard. Sad because what I love in Slave is the choreo, but I'll do it myself to someone, not Britney related anymore :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

But I think it's too much to say I can't listen to her music since Circus .. There are songs aren't related to her situation, and others talking about it but it's her life (Circus, I wanna go, Kill the Lights, Criminal, Alien ..)

• Like 1
  • Super Mods

Aw also Man on the Moon! :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

Send my message into outer space
Wonder if it's gonna float your way
I can't compete with the stars in the sky
I'm invisible, invisible
I open the window to clear out my mind
But it's difficult, so difficult

:meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell: 

• Like 1

Well...basically her entire FF album which I have always loved and thought it's full of bops. Except now it's even harder to ignore how unhappy and depressed she was during the whole era with her ,in her own words, exposing the abuse she's been through. She was ANGRY during that hearing at MANY parts. I wonder now more than ever if she even likes a lot of her own music considering so much of it was produced/recorded during the conservatorship.

I'm not even pressed about BJ since I literally don't like any song from that mess of an album, which really doesn't even feel like a Britney album at all considering her vocals are being mimicked by a cheap imposter in every track except Perfume. Now more than ever it's understandable why she wouldn't even care to finish the project or put much effort into it. For what? So she could continue to support her oppressors? **** that.

Ugh

I dunno. 
I guess I feel weird listening to anything post Blackout.:calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

• Like 3

Honestly? Probably everything she made post-Blackout, when the C-ship started. As much as it pains me to say this (Femme Fatale en Glory are some of my favourite albums by her), but I'll always see those albums as (at least partly) the products of coercion now, produced within an abusive situation. As good as some of those albums are, I can't imagine she had much, or even any, control over their content.

Listen to Cinderella, guys (and take away the romantic context) It was on in the car this morning (kids are stanning the Britney era RN) on the way to school and when it finished, my 8 year old daughter said: “Poor Britney!” It legit broke my heart a little more 💔

• Like 2