What songs do you listen to differently after hearing Britney speak?

Today has been both great and devastating. Great in the sense we finally heard from Britney all the horrors she’s endured and how she lied constantly about being okay when she wasn’t. Devastating in the sense that everything makes sense now. The awkward meet and greets, the stiff performances, the sad eyes during Femme Fatale and X Factor. I mean who could subject someone to that, much less their own flesh and blood. Today was a lot to digest, but it got me thinking about her music and hearing certain songs now make me feel a certain way. 

I’ve always appreciated Stronger, but hearing it after today gives the song new meaning. “I’ve had enough. I’m not your property as from today. You might think that I won’t make it on my own, but now I’m stronger than yesterday. Now it’s nothing, but my way. My loneliness ain’t killing me no more” and “I used to go with the flow” 

Also Brave New Girl and “She's gonna pack her bags. She's gonna find her way. She's gonna get right out of this” and “She's gonna step outside
Uncover her eyes
Who knew she could feel so alive
Her M.O.'s changed
She don't wanna behave
Ain't it good to be a brave girl tonight” 

Also Work ***** haunts me now. :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

Which songs will you listen to differently now? 

415BDE2A-DD12-4E13-AE0D-10026D2BAC47.thumb.jpeg.49665ccb8a017f4164025d6d81f42936.jpeg

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Scrappy said:

“It’s Britney, B” was empowerment. Post-conservatorship, “Work B” sounded like a mantra from her team. 

but it really is the most personal song, because it's literally what they've made her do all this time

literally it was like "you want this, then you better work *****"

she's been telling us her truth all these years

even after the freebritney movement, it really fits the whole thing with lyrics such as "spread the word" and "go call the governuh"

• Like 9
  • Super Mods
3 minutes ago, bboy said:

How in the hell they wanted to call the show domination, release "I feel so free with you"

They're evil

It’s all part of their propaganda/messaging! They portray her as having more control and more freedom in her music than she actually has in her day to day life.

That in turn makes the public think she has it all together and that there’s nothing wrong. Which continues to drive ticket sales, merch, and so on.

It’s all so ******* sick.

• Like 4