Scooter Brawn basically revealed Taylor Swift was once again telling the truth

1 hour ago, corpsetranger said:

It all boils down to Sailor Swift being a greedy spineless clown. She didn't want to buy her masters because it was way cheaper to throw herself a pity party online, playing victim (a.k.a her specialty) in front of her fans while at the same time inciting them to bully Brawn. I'm no fan of Brawn, but she was given the possibility to buy the stupid masters. It is utterly irrelevant whether Brawn has ties with Justin Bieber or the Queen of England, he had the money, he wanted the product, he bought it, it's that simple. It's BUSSINESS.

I'm more than sure she felt entitled to them masters and would have loved for her old label to simply give them away. Except this is reality she's living in, not fairyland, and music industry is a BUSSINESS. "Love Story" was a hit because the label pushed for it. A label does not invest in a person's career because they feel charitable (lol), they do it for money. They want to profit and it was stipulated in the CONTRACT she had to sign beforehand what they want in return for their services (all those recording sessions, working with x songwriter, y producer, music videos, promo, etc etc). A contract is a contract, read it through before you sign it, you can't just throw a temper tantrum after all is said and done now that you're a superstar and don't want to pay (they own the product, they set the price). It doesn't work like that. It just doesn't. But noooooooooo, Lil Miss Self-proclaimed Bo$$ Beatch wants to have her cake and eat it too. And of course her fans will endorse her buffoonery by spending their hard earned money on her ridiculous re-recorded albums because, I kid you not, Swift fans are the most gullible and deluded people to have walked the earth. 

She was never given the opportunity to buy her masters. The deal they made her was that she would receive the masters one album at a time for each new album she released, which means she wouldn’t own the masters for the new albums in change to owning the masters for the old ones. Inform yourself before spreading lies, being dumb and jealous ain’t a good look on anyone. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Tprez said:

She was never given the opportunity to buy her masters. The deal they made her was that she would receive the masters one album at a time for each new album she released, which means she wouldn’t own the masters for the new albums in change to owning the masters for the old ones. Inform yourself before spreading lies, being dumb and jealous ain’t a good look on anyone. 

They gave her the opportunity to buy her masters by signing another contract. I will repeat myself: (they own the product, they set the price). I do agree that's a terrible deal, but nobody forced her to sign the contract in the first place. But hey she wanted to be a star so now she's gonna have to assume her decision, no amount of peer pressure (the public) will undo the deal. They. own. the. product. they. set. the. price. If they decide the price is another product (a new album under a new contract), then the price is another product. It's not fair, I agree with that, but the USA is a free country, is it not? You can't impose a price on them, you can try to negotiate, but they have the final say. It is what it is. B.U.S.S.I.N.E.S.S. She could have bought them, but she knew that was way to expensive because she's worth a loooooooooooooot more now. Therefore the "She was never given the opportunity to buy her masters" narrative is false. She was given an opportunity, a **** opportunity, but an opportunity nonetheless.

Don't even bother quoting me again if you plan on bringing up emotions into it (she was young, naive, she had a dream, of course she signed it blah blah blah I don't care, read what you sign) and insult me while you're at it. I will not respond, don't waste your time.  

• Love 3

Looking forward to Red re-release! Honestly, from a bad situation Taylor made an opportunity and it worked, happy for her.

It is unfair that they offered her to buy the masters only if she extended her contract, i heard it was 10 years more of contract. That is like giving somebody rotten food, bascally blackmailing. Even if some things are legal doesn't mean are also moral.

• Like 3

They gave her the opportunity to buy her masters by signing another contract. I will repeat myself: (they own the product, they set the price). I do agree that's a terrible deal, but nobody forced her to sign the contract in the first place. But hey she wanted to be a star so now she's gonna have to assume her decision, no amount of peer pressure (the public) will undo the deal. They. own. the. product. they. set. the. price. If they decide the price is another product (a new album under a new contract), then the price is another product. It's not fair, I agree with that, but the USA is a free country, is it not? You can't impose a price on them, you can try to negotiate, but they have the final say. It is what it is. B.U.S.S.I.N.E.S.S. She could have bought them, but she knew that was way to expensive because she's worth a loooooooooooooot more now. Therefore the "She was never given the opportunity to buy her masters" narrative is false. She was given an opportunity, a **** opportunity, but an opportunity nonetheless.

Don't even bother quoting me again if you plan on bringing up emotions into it (she was young, naive, she had a dream, of course she signed it blah blah blah I don't care, read what you sign) and insult me while you're at it. I will not respond, don't waste your time.  

She didn’t sign anything she wouldn’t legally have been allowed to since she was a minor. Her parents signed a ****ty deal and the label - that she basically made as she was their first and biggest artist - decided to try and be ****s about her and wanting to leave. She wrote those songs. I’m glad she’s re-recording them. 

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, corpsetranger said:

They couldve sold the masters to Taylor for the same price as Scooter. They didnt because they wanted to control her and get back at her. Its technically legal but really big knife in the back from someone that worked with Taylor from day 1. 

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Popcornie said:

They couldve sold the masters to Taylor for the same price as Scooter. They didnt because they wanted to control her and get back at her. Its technically legal but really big knife in the back from someone that worked with Taylor from day 1. 

Plus think about it Big Machine was a fledgling label until Taylor swift signed, they haven't had the same success since she left. 

it's always fun reading a Taylor swift post. Everyone is so polarized one direction or another. Call the woman whatever you want, all drama aside, she has every right to own her masters. While it's typical for an artist to need to purchase them, it's not typical for a shady deal like the one with Scooter, to offload them to another company behind the artists back. The artist is almost always represented in these dealings..... She had every right to fight back, and re-record her work. There's nothing against it. 

• Like 1

First of all, you insulted her and her fans, expect the same respect you give others. buying is not a trade, the only way she could “buy” them was keeping new albums “hostages” of the record company. They should have offered her the same deal theiy offered Scooter, pay for them in money, it was the fair thing to do and instead they choose pettiness. Let’s not blame it on her for choosing to re record her life work, if people want to buy it, that’s great, if not I’m sure she is already rich enough.

• Like 2

Taylor is trash.

She's made a career off of trashing men (and women when it's convenient for her), yet if anyone says anything about her that could even slightly be taken negatively it becomes this pity party and women's rights BS.

For all the things she's said about people in her songs just proves she's a giant hypocrite.

All of her "activism" is just pure publicity stunts. Like all of a sudden being a gay ally (after staying silent for pretty much her whole career) only after her sales started slipping.

She's an entitled and spoiled brat, period. Any celebrity that uses their platform to get their fans to go on the offensive for personal gain is scum and a bully.

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it until it is no longer true, she is the epitome of a Karen and the Donald Trump of music.

• Love 2

I really do not understand this, this guy had the money so he bought it I mean you are a label - you don't have moral values it's BUSINESS. I am sure it must be costing Taylor a lot, but IMO she's playing a victim which even taylor fans should understand she has been doing this from a long time and her fans will buy the re-recordings and they are buying it. 

She's been releasing like 6-7 versions of singles so mass buying can happen, how on earth people are not seeing this? I do not hate taylor or anything but her fans are blinded. 

Label pushed her songs and albums hence she became what she is today, they invested money on her talent and music. This guy scooter which I am a no fan of is really getting extra hate here, this is pure Business. 

• Love 1
On 6/28/2021 at 9:51 AM, Adriannn said:

same here :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

but I'll keep on waiting... and it's not fair that many are coming for her only  when NO ONE has done a thing either.

Not you comparing little plain Joe and Jane working a 9-5 to miss 400 million net worth greedy opportunistic pants. The average Joe and Jane has done more for the cause than she has. It’s been over a week since this comment and she’s more preoccupied about her new music and Ed Sheeran’s gentrified Weeknd song and video :tiffcackle_Tiffany_miss_ny_New_York_pollard_laugh_giggle_lol_haha_hehe: 

On 6/28/2021 at 11:42 AM, corpsetranger said:

It all boils down to Sailor Swift being a greedy spineless clown. She didn't want to buy her masters because it was way cheaper to throw herself a pity party online, playing victim (a.k.a her specialty) in front of her fans while at the same time inciting them to bully Brawn. I'm no fan of Brawn, but she was given the possibility to buy the stupid masters. It is utterly irrelevant whether Brawn has ties with Justin Bieber or the Queen of England, he had the money, he wanted the product, he bought it, it's that simple. It's BUSSINESS.

I'm more than sure she felt entitled to them masters and would have loved for her old label to simply give them away. Except this is reality she's living in, not fairyland, and music industry is a BUSSINESS. "Love Story" was a hit because the label pushed for it. A label does not invest in a person's career because they feel charitable (lol), they do it for money. They want to profit and it was stipulated in the CONTRACT she had to sign beforehand what they want in return for their services (all those recording sessions, working with x songwriter, y producer, music videos, promo, etc etc). A contract is a contract, read it through before you sign it, you can't just throw a temper tantrum after all is said and done now that you're a superstar and don't want to pay (they own the product, they set the price). It doesn't work like that. It just doesn't. But noooooooooo, Lil Miss Self-proclaimed Bo$$ Beatch wants to have her cake and eat it too. And of course her fans will endorse her buffoonery by spending their hard earned money on her ridiculous re-recorded albums because, I kid you not, Swift fans are the most gullible and deluded people to have walked the earth. 

The way you just spilled all over this thread and only have one reaction. Now it’s two because you spoke nothing but the truth. As a former fan I also see it was all about the pity party and money because like you said, she could’ve bought them back. No one is entitled to their masters just because. There are a lot of people involved in the creation and promotion. People who also have bills to pay. Now the poor public that can’t even pay their own bills are now going into debt buying all her rereleases :orangu_orangutan_ape:

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Who cares about scooter :orangu_orangutan_ape: I’m just saying that she has called herself a feminist and fan of Britney’s so that’s why I made my comment you silly goose :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

You said Team Scooter you *****. Crawl back into your safe space.

On 6/28/2021 at 8:42 PM, corpsetranger said:

💯 

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block