Why did Britney kind of drag Paris in her speech?

The only moment in her speech that had be sort of uncomfortable is when she claimed she didn't believe a word of Paris Hilton's story about abuse. They are, as far as we know, friends, and Paris has supported the #FreeBritney movement. Maybe what she was trying to say (and we all know she doesn't always word things the best) is that even she initially didn't believe her bc she's famous and a celebrity, so felt like she wouldn't be heard by anyone either? Hope that's what she meant. Thoughts?

She didn't drag her... although I probably wouldn't have said it if I was Britney. Specially since according to Paris, they've seen each other/had lunch a couple times over the last year and since Paris always shows her love/support publicly.

But Britney's point was that her story is so outrageous and unbelievable, that just like she hasn't fully believed in other outrageous stories, she feared people would do the same to her. I do think she believes Paris' story and just used it as an example.

She was just comparing how outrageous her lives were

I don’t believe Britney was referring to herself when say she didn’t believe it but rather the initial thoughts of the public

britney had no phone or friends, she can’t speak about the situation like “I heard everyone saying…” because she hasn’t heard anything from anyone else regarding it

I think she just fumbled her words a bit there, she was clearly under a lot of pressure and she did a great job speaking today and fit it all in a timely manner