The New York Times: Britney has tried to end conservatorship for years & feels like she was forced into performing and into a mental facility against her own will

1 hour ago, MmmBop said:

We need people to analyze things like this conjecture or not in order to provide enough doubt over the situation that it warrants public scrutiny and outcry. So that it warrants an independent review or investigation. Or that it warrants media outlets like the New York Times to consider spending salaries on following possible leads on this unfolding case. Conjecture or not, raising objections to the perceived mistreatment of a person, a minority, group of people etc. Is what often starts a movement & results in Justice. In other words, we need civil discourse on these topics regardless if there’s missing information because it’s the conversations out there, people talking that will make those privy to this case think twice about their actions. They’re being watched now. And that’s good. This is all good. And it’s not misinformation either. It’s legitimate information that objectively seems off putting. And that’s concerning. 

I agreed with you 100%. But that's not the issue that begin with this argument of mine that you quoted. I was pointing the fact that there are a lot of conspiracy theories about Britney situation, including one that said that the judge is being paid. A lot of fans sell that as a fact and it's not, it's conjecture.  So I pointed that reading the NYT piece made that conjecture even more plausible for me, despite being still a conspiracy at this point, and I was judge for call a conspiracy. But it is what it is.

6 minutes ago, TomasBR said:

I agreed with you 100%. But that's not the issue that begin with this argument of mine that you quoted. I was pointing the fact that there are a lot of conspiracy theories about Britney situation, including one that said that the judge is being paid. A lot of fans sell that as a fact and it's not, it's conjecture.  So I pointed that reading the NYT piece made that conjecture even more plausible for me, despite being still a conspiracy at this point, and I was judge for call a conspiracy. But it is what it is.

Oh I see my bad. Agreed with you ❤️ You’re right.

1 hour ago, Pfefferminz said:

There is no doubt in my mind that those **** tests have been tampered with. Whatever ***** Britney has taken since she was placed under a conservatorship has been given to her by shady doctors hired by Jamie. I want to know what kind of ***** she was on in 2011. Britney was heavily medicated and drowsy. She always sounded like she had a cold. Interestingly, the previous year she tried to get out of the c-ship. Britney has worked non-stop for someone who they claim is mentally incapacitated. She finally had enough in 2019.

This smiling 2010 pic. Was the day when we all had most positive meltdown. It was like she was truly back

Wow! This was a powerful article. They have really come through for the movement, and I love that they dropped this bomb a day before this hearing. Speaking of which... I am both nervous and excited. I am hoping things go well for Britney, but like all of you, I am worried about the tricks Team Con will try to pull with their "technical difficulties." And I don't trust this judge. 

Reading Reva Goetz' comment was infuriating. That's disgusting and it shows how they have dehumanized her. Jamie is clearly the fall guy, which is tactical, but he has had it coming since forever and I hope he actually gets his. I want them to follow the money and go after Lou next. They all deserve to rot in prison. It's also upsetting how Jamie's security goons / her assistant would possess and charge expenses on her credit card, yet she can't get a f/ucking bouquet of flowers or stain her cabinets. It's not surprising, however. 

Britney was really dropping some hints over the years. I really respect her fighting back as much as she has, especially considering the hell that she has gone through and the apparent toll it has taken on her. She is an unbelievably strong and resilient woman. I hope this article further eliminates people's skepticism and doubts, and that we can fully unite to free Britney. She is absolutely incredible. Bless her.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods

Honestly everyone says that they should rot in prison…unless their prison mates are Britney fans ready to give them hell, I would rather they garnish their wages. Especially for Lou, it’s like about time the tables turned and they payback what they stole from Britney and see how it feels to have your money taken away from you. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, TomasBR said:

There's only so much outside parties can do without being officially involved in the situation. That's why fans, respected publications like the NYT, and documentaries are important. Lawyers can give legal perspectives but it really takes a public outcry to achieve change so I'm really glad that her case has been getting widespread attention.

• Like 4

i really hope once she's free, she'll cut off ALL this with this toxic, abusive family system. EVERYONE. and she sourrounds herself with good energy, genuine people far away from the Entertainment Business. She needs someone like the Holistic Psychologist in her life, (go look her up on insta, she's truly amazing!) to work through the mountain of abuse she's had to endure since childhood, someone who really listens and genuinely cares about her emotional/spiritual/physical wellbeing. She can heal, and i know she will with time <3

1 hour ago, Brendan Thompson said:

Ok, so she has a fortune of $200M+ now to around $60M. Where did her money go? Legal fees should not have eaten up $140M. Why is someone profiting from this conservatorship and suffering of another human being? Screw Jamie and team con

This is a violation of human rights and keeping Britney in slavery. I can't believe this is happening in our time. And the worst thing is that everyone doesn't care. If not for the movement for Britney's freedom and the active actions of her fans, everyone would pretend that everything is normal and Britney lives a wonderful life. Even her boyfriend Sam admired that Britney was in a mental hospital, remember his Instagram post, which he then deleted. Although he knew perfectly well that she was there against her will.

• Like 2

You know, if I were Britney I would have been pissed off with everyone for years. I would have hated fans cheering on me while I was crazy trying to break free of leeches. Of course fans are not guilty at all, but when you go through that level of trauma and frustration, it's more than normal to resent everyone involved in that which you hate. 

• Like 1

"Any mistakes resulted in “very harsh” consequences, Ms. Spears added, according to the report. The conservatorship “comes with a lot of fear,” she said."

This literally put chills down my spine. MY GOD THE INJUSTICE.

So gratefull for the NY times. They are basically taking leadership in changing the narrative in general media, which will put pressure on the court.

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Bigno said:

You know, if I were Britney I would have been pissed off with everyone for years. I would have hated fans cheering on me while I was crazy trying to break free of leeches. Of course fans are not guilty at all, but when you go through that level of trauma and frustration, it's more than normal to resent everyone involved in that which you hate. 

that's the key, that people in here now assume that she hates her work, or performing in general, when what she hates is her father having the control of her money and her life. She even went on to use all her accomplishments from these years to tell the judge she's fine, she's proud of it.

Maybe being onstage or at the studio was her only way to escape from the reality she was otherwise living with her father controlling her life. It was the only time for her to be around people that weren't handpicked by Jamie and just do her thing.

I don't doubt there were many nights that were tough for her, we have that on video. But there were many other times when she was really enjoying it, we have that on video too. Even the night she was forced to perform while having fever, she went and killed it, and she tried to make the best of it when she knew it was useless to keep complaining, even if she felt she was gonna faint.

That's what I was saying on another post, that all this time, despite everything she's always tried to see it the positive way, and that's to admire. Maybe it's a way to deny reality, like a mechanism to cope with it, but I think she genuinely has the ability to just see it and be like "hey, this is something I have to deal with and it sucks, but meanwhile I'll try to be happy with the other things I have and I'm able to do in life, even within all of the limitations they put"

• Like 2