First look at NECA's baby one more time doll

So yeah that doll is shiz. It's 2021, I guess you can SCAN A FREAKING PICTURE and get almost her exact face. The hair colour is WRONG, and that beautiful light brunette or ashy slightly darker blonde with highlights is a TRADEMARK from the Baby video. But the hair color on this doll is straight up blonde, that's wrong. Also her bra should be darker, more like a plump, and those pink strings at the top of her pigtails should be smaller (and the pom poms bigger?), can't they manage all those little details? Otherwise it seems rushed. I don't collect dolls (though I would if I had the extra money...) but if I were a collector I would expect a high quality product. Besides, they are charging for it... Ugh come on, do things with LOVE and care. People will notice and appreciate it back.

• Like 4

I'm kinda disappointed with how this prototype looks. After months of waiting we finally get...that. The prototype is definitely wearing a wig and it's possible that the prototype's head is sculpted with clay, which could explain why the face looks shiny. The styling of the wig is messy, the facial screening doesn't look enough like Britney to me and the facial expression the doll is making is kinda confusing. The outfit is pretty cute though! My one complaint with the outfit is that the bra underneath the white shirt is an incorrect shade of red. It should be a darker red color. I really hope the final mass produced version is nicer than this prototype.

These are my predictions for the 3 upcoming dolls:

Oops doll - It'll probably be the red catsuit look from the music video since it's the most iconic from the set of 3 fashions she wore in that video.

Toxic doll - I predict it will be the blue flight attendant look since it's also very iconic and it has her signature blonde hair. It'd be amazing if the red haired black catsuit look was made, but I think NECA would opt for the easier to make look (flight attendant).

Circus doll - To me, the Circus music video outfits aren't very memorable. I'm predicting this one will have the ringleader costume from the Circus Tour. It'd be a weird series to have 3 in music video fashions and 1 in a concert costume, but I think that's what NECA's plan is right now.

1 hour ago, bitbitboi said:

So yeah that doll is shiz. It's 2021, I guess you can SCAN A FREAKING PICTURE and get almost her exact face. The hair colour is WRONG, and that beautiful light brunette or ashy slightly darker blonde with highlights is a TRADEMARK from the Baby video. But the hair color on this doll is straight up blonde, that's wrong. Also her bra should be darker, more like a plump, and those pink strings at the top of her pigtails should be smaller (and the pom poms bigger?), can't they manage all those little details? Otherwise it seems rushed. I don't collect dolls (though I would if I had the extra money...) but if I were a collector I would expect a high quality product. Besides, they are charging for it... Ugh come on, do things with LOVE and care. People will notice and appreciate it back.

This prototype is definitely rushed. It kinda looks like a mediocre fanmade custom doll. These were originally set to ship in Spring 2021, but after literally zero word from NECA and Lootcrate since the announcement back in October, this first (and so far, only) teaser image of the first doll is finally unveiled and the webpage now states they'll ship later in Fall 2021. Very strange. I just can't fathom how this prototype looks so bad when NECA had so much time after the announcement to make it. 

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...
On 6/21/2021 at 11:06 PM, Puppy said:

I will give you support as it’s really stupid to boycott and if it makes you happy then why not? People sometimes act like every dollar spent on “Britney Spears” will cause harm to Britney. I honestly really do believe she doesn’t care, money is still flowing in some way somehow as apparent this past decade and Jamie got all the resources and hungry people to help find alternatives to getting money. 

but yeah, the doll is disappointing but I feel this is something she would’ve been onboard with, she likes dolls

I also believe she would say it doesn’t look like her and would want it to be made like her like she did with those dolls in the video. It just shows she checked out and her team was like “whatever, just give her a cute face and pigtails and call it a day”

At the end of the day it’s still a nice collector’s item. 

I never saw this interview (in the video) before… I wonder if she ever really did want to go to college or if she was just appeasing Rosie at that moment. Gosh her hair was so different then. She had such nice shimmery smooth perfect hair… what happened?! 

• Super Mods
15 hours ago, x.rox said:

I never saw this interview (in the video) before… I wonder if she ever really did want to go to college or if she was just appeasing Rosie at that moment. Gosh her hair was so different then. She had such nice shimmery smooth perfect hair… what happened?! 

Well it’s pretty normal thing  and she really didn’t think her career would last long.  She told Nigel **** on the set of BOMT that she wanted to be a mom.