Maroon 5's new album 'Jordi' sells 37K opening week

• Leader

I love Maroon 5, and listened to their new album Jordi a few number of times in the past week. Looks like not many others did though :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:

They opened with 37K in sales plus streaming (15k from pure sales). 

That was enough to land them at #8 on the Billboard 200. 

Did anyone know they released an album cause damn.

Related:

jor2.jpg.3eb062a7fc452beab43f154020de6095.jpg

• Haha 3

I mean everyone eventually falls. They’ve been around for almost 20 years. The GP doesn’t care about them anymore. I mean they released an album titled Overexposed some years back so looks like people are finally tired of them. Super bowl didn’t help their cause either 

• Love 1
  • Like 5

I think a lot of the 2000's artists / bands are going to be in that spot now. We forget sometimes that people age out of music, and find new things. There's a whole new generation of kids listening to streaming services right now, and 2000's artists aren't their jam. FOOLS. 😂

To be fair though, there's a couple of nice songs here, but for the most part 'Jordi' is by far M5's biggest snooze, and it almost feels desperate in an attempt to freshen up the sound by incorporating hip / hop. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
46 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

What’s hilarious though is that Migos debuted at #2 when they released four different versions of their album ranging from I believe 18-34 songs for like $5.99 each. They also discounted every song to .69. Billboard needs to do something about artists that pull off these stunts. Pathetic and they couldn’t even land the #1 :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

the whole chart needs a change, or they need a new chart system.

I'll always believe it's unfair how one week someone can be #1 or Top 10 or whatever by selling 3 or 4 copies, and then another week another artist/album can sell so much more than the entire last week's Top 10 combined, but it lands at #2 or lower because there was more competition. At the end, people only caring about positions and not the actual impact in terms of sales/equivalent sales.

I feel like it should be more of a tier system, where it's like, there should be an emphasis in the amount that everyone sold or the streams they had. So they could start with a standard equivalent for #1, which could be, idk, 100k. Anything bigger than that would be rewarded as outstanding (maybe with its own tier system) but if no one meets that mark a specific week, then it should be emphasized so everyone knows that sales that week flopped, or so people know that all these artists in the top, yes they're there but they don't have the merit as someone who sold more in a different week. And it would also show not just the difference from one week to another, but also the difference from one position to the next, because sometimes #1 and #2 are very close (or any other contiguous positions), but other times there's a huge difference.

It's ironic that they've changed the criteria, such as combining digital streaming into the actual sales to supposedly reflect a more accurate picture of how popular a song or album are, yet the chart itself is the most deceiving thing with its competition format, making people believe all these #1's from nowadays really mean anything, or that they all represent the same achievement week after week, when they don't. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

the whole chart needs a change, or they need a new chart system.

I'll always believe it's unfair how one week someone can be #1 or Top 10 or whatever by selling 3 or 4 copies, and then another week another artist/album can sell so much more than the entire last week's Top 10 combined, but it lands at #2 or lower because there was more competition. At the end, people only caring about positions and not the actual impact in terms of sales/equivalent sales.

I feel like it should be more of a tier system, where it's like, there should be an emphasis in the amount that everyone sold or the streams they had. So they could start with a standard equivalent for #1, which could be, idk, 100k. Anything bigger than that would be rewarded as outstanding (maybe with its own tier system) but if no one meets that mark a specific week, then it should be emphasized so everyone knows that sales that week flopped, or so people know that all these artists in the top, yes they're there but they don't have the merit as someone who sold more in a different week. And it would also show not just the difference from one week to another, but also the difference from one position to the next, because sometimes #1 and #2 are very close (or any other contiguous positions), but other times there's a huge difference.

It's ironic that they've changed the criteria, such as combining digital streaming into the actual sales to supposedly reflect a more accurate picture of how popular a song or album are, yet the chart itself is the most deceiving thing with its competition format, making people believe all these #1's from nowadays really mean anything, or that they all represent the same achievement week after week, when they don't. 

Completely agree with this. Stripped by Christina peaked at 2 yet remains more impactful than most number ones in the past decade. Also Dua had one of the most acclaimed albums yet peaked at 3

• Love 1
  • Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block