I just really love Glory

2 hours ago, e_ffen said:

Agreed on Mood Ring and SITS. 

And I bet there are many great songs leftover! I’m sure they had better options than Matches at least. The re-release should have been Swimming + 2 other new songs and some remixes. 

I always daydream of a Glory visual album and what could have been :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

I wanted her to do something like what Christina did for Liberation, but bigger. Like she can do simple videos for the album tracks and call them “visuals”, something like the black and white video of her in bed for her most recent perfume ad but for Just Luv Me. Or like the latex scenes for another Prerogative ad but for DYWCO. Something simple but beautiful and captivating like Beyoncé’s 1+1 would be nice as well. 

Then she’d have her big budget videos for the singles (like MM and SP + 2 others for singles #3 and 4). 

YEASSS! I actually thought the prerogative ads were teasers for a music video. She looked so f^cking good. Whoever did the vids needs to be a director of a future music video! Just Luv Me was a good song too agreed. Matches was… cringe. I’ll admit that’s the ONLY song I was like… meh it’s forgettable… But yes there must be more recordings from this era I mean, SITS was a gift from God, came from nowhere and was sooo beautiful. We need like a Glory Ultra  Deluxe release with like 10 more unreleased tracks from this era lol. Her voice is just SO good. 

A song I forget to mention, when me and my BF broke up I played “Liar” on repeat like OVER & OVER. F^ck it’s such a good breakup anthem. She could’ve served Justin some karma and done a music video with a lookalike of him as a touché to his Cry Me a River. 

The Glory era I think is truly one of her most iconic. I think the conservatorship really took away from it though. But like I feel (other than Matches lol) it’s her “evolved” voice & mature works. The more raw her voice sounds the better the track sounds imo. Like it was SUCH a departure from say, Femme Fatale or BJ in terms of hearing her voice shine through you know? 

❤️❤️❤️

2 hours ago, e_ffen said:

How can anyone not like Private Show 😮

”Work it, work it, boy
  watch me work it

Slide down yo ****
watch me spin and twerk on it”

bop :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

I think Private Show was her most edgy risk-taking song on the album. I remember going to a gay house party and they were playing it on repeat. That’s the first time I heard it. I was like “is that… Britney???” They’re like “YASSSSS” lol. 

1 hour ago, MmmBop said:

We need like a Glory Ultra  Deluxe release with like 10 more unreleased tracks from this era lol. Her voice is just SO good. 

This 1000% percent! 10 additional Glory tracks sounds like a dream!

A song I forget to mention, when me and my BF broke up I played “Liar” on repeat like OVER & OVER. F^ck it’s such a good breakup anthem. She could’ve served Justin some karma and done a music video with a lookalike of him as a touché to his Cry Me a River. 

Liar should have been a single without a doubt! It’s the track that friends of mine react to most (casual Britney fans). 

The Glory era I think is truly one of her most iconic. I think the conservatorship really took away from it though. But like I feel (other than Matches lol) it’s her “evolved” voice & mature works. The more raw her voice sounds the better the track sounds imo. Like it was SUCH a departure from say, Femme Fatale or BJ in terms of hearing her voice shine through you know? 

Glory was a return to form in my eyes, but team con stifled her once again and pulled the plug early :girlbye_walking_away_leave_get_out_leaving_chair_okay:

I don’t understand where this Private Show, Clumsy and even What You Need hate comes from. They are funny songs and you can tell Brit had a blast recording them, they were a fresh and new sound for her. Maybe the vocal production wasn’t very top notch but I don’t think that’s a dealbreaker.

Glory is a good album. If I had to say anything negative, it would be that the Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez inspired tracks were incredibly unnecessary and even damaging for her legacy. The most uninspired music she’s ever done. YES I’m Justin Tranter’s #1 hater, so what? :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

On 6/21/2021 at 1:38 AM, e_ffen said:

I’ve been on my patio for the last hour or so soaking up some amazing weather, smoking a joint, and listening to Glory - and wow! She really is that ***** isn’t she? I’ve played it so much over the years that I sometimes forget to sit down and really listen and appreciate it. 

So MANY bops, those vocals :melt_weird_drift_wow: , her personality is EVERYWHERE, and she just sounds so confident. It’s so Britney. 

Also, HTFY has become one of my favorite tracks over the years, I’ve always enjoyed it but I have a new found love for it. 

That’s all :P  Comment if you love Glory too.

Slumber Party GIF by Britney Spears

I love the album, but I just hate 'Man on the moon' and 'Private show'. 

10 hours ago, boyinthemirror said:

I don’t understand where this Private Show, Clumsy and even What You Need hate comes from. They are funny songs and you can tell Brit had a blast recording them, they were a fresh and new sound for her. Maybe the vocal production wasn’t very top notch but I don’t think that’s a dealbreaker.

I love all 3 of those songs (Clumsy a little less so, but still)! I agree that you can tell she had a blast recording them, and that energy is so infectious! I know I’ve said it in this thread 20 times already but it’s just so Britney :cuteidk_britney_excited_laugh_yes_yas_happy_smile:

(I do wish someone would make an edit of PS with the vocals pitched down though)

50 minutes ago, LikeShatteredGlass said:

Imagine the NYT seeing all these "Britney felt great during the Glory era" comments yesterday sitting there and knowing their story would drop today like :janet_jackson_chewing_eating_food:

I've never seen a thread age so poorly :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked:

Right? Didn’t see it coming lol  :ahhhhh_britney_scream_scared_panic_shocked_surprised:

My heart breaks for Britney! And here I thought maybe she had a moment of content or happiness around 2016 and that’s why she seemed so radiant. Little did I know.  💔

I wish her all the luck, confidence and strength for her court date tomorrow! I hope she’s finally able to say everything she needs to say.

OT: If we keep the conversation about the album then the thread still works - the album is great! And she definitely had fun making it I think. 

14 hours ago, e_ffen said:

Right? Didn’t see it coming lol  :ahhhhh_britney_scream_scared_panic_shocked_surprised:

My heart breaks for Britney! And here I thought maybe she had a moment of content or happiness around 2016 and that’s why she seemed so radiant. Little did I know.  💔

I wish her all the luck, confidence and strength for her court date tomorrow! I hope she’s finally able to say everything she needs to say.

OT: If we keep the conversation about the album then the thread still works - the album is great! And she definitely had fun making it I think. 

Still an amazing album. Absolutely one of her best. And there is no denying how amazing she looked during this era. She really did seem happy, so there was some joking on my part with my comment. It’s just wild to think about what was really going on behind the scenes when she seemed so composed and content in public. Just gives me one more reason to admire Britney and her strength. 

On 6/22/2021 at 12:57 AM, boyinthemirror said:

Glory is a good album. If I had to say anything negative, it would be that the Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez inspired tracks were incredibly unnecessary and even damaging for her legacy. The most uninspired music she’s ever done. YES I’m Justin Tranter’s #1 hater, so what? :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

Agree with you mostly til the end. Even though I love the songs, Just Luv Me/Better have aged the worst IMO. They sound distinctly 2016. I think Better would’ve smashed as a single in 2016, but I’m glad it didn’t because looking back at it just a mere five years later the song has aged poorly

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, studlygeorge said:

Agree with you mostly til the end. Even though I love the songs, Just Luv Me/Better have aged the worst IMO. They sound distinctly 2016. I think Better would’ve smashed as a single in 2016, but I’m glad it didn’t because looking back at it just a mere five years later the song has aged poorly

And I thought some Femme Fatale songs had aged bad… But clearly not even half as bad as the tracks you mentioned and a few other Glory tracks imo. :decisions_britney_thinking_confused_focusing_unsure_xfactor_bw_black_white: And I say this loving all of them because Britney can do no wrong in my eyes, but I’m sure we all know she can do much better. :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

7 hours ago, LikeShatteredGlass said:

Still an amazing album. Absolutely one of her best. And there is no denying how amazing she looked during this era. She really did seem happy, so there was some joking on my part with my comment. It’s just wild to think about what was really going on behind the scenes when she seemed so composed and content in public. Just gives me one more reason to admire Britney and her strength. 

Her strength must be immeasurable ♥️

4 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

Better is the 1 song on Glory that never clicked with me. I know a lot of people love it but I just don’t, though I wish I did because that would be just another Britney song to love 😢 I don’t hate it or anything but I do usually skip it (alongside Just Like Me).

2 hours ago, Urbanney said:

Streaming Glory for good luck today default_ec20fb7f.gif

:sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

Me too! 

Good luck, Britney! We love you!