I just really love Glory

11 minutes ago, Sourab Patodi said:

Slumber party is a good song but not for her age! It doesn’t appeal her audience, I think a great second single was change your mind as at that time Spanish songs were dominating

Or Better or Mood ring

I mean she was 34 when it came out which is still young enough to me

and It’s lyrics are very classic Britney to me. They’re also very suited for Tinashes discography too tbh

• Like 4
25 minutes ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

It’s my 2nd favorite album from her! I still listen to 95% of it on the regular! Also I love that you love HTFY, it’s such an underrated track! It reminds me of classic Britney circa 2001/2002. 

I’m baffled it’s not more popular! It’s so fun and so Britney! 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

Thanks for this thread! I listened to "Glory" a few days ago with quality heaphones and oh my... What a ride! ALL the songs are good, and her voice sounds amazing, and you can tell that she enjoyed recording the whole thing. It's also SO BRITNEY! It has a little bit of everything that makes her... her. <3

May I ask which headphones you used? I’m looking for recommendations. I’ve only heard Glory through AirPod Pros.   :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

YES!

every time I listen to the album in full I'm always stunned like damn... it really IS good.

I remember the day it came out I was feeling very apprehensive and scared to listen to after BJ but I pressed play and by the time Man In the Moon came on I was in tears because the album just really felt/sounded like her.

the vocal production choices on a few songs (Private Show obviously) were a little harsh at first but they have kinda grown on me and are fun now. 

DYWCO was a missed single opportunity!

overall super FUN, artsy fartsy, classic Britney album!!!!

Years from now I think it will be thought of as a nice time capsule of late 2010's pop sounds tbh.:drinky_cheers_wine_smoke_bubbles_sunglasses_nod_tea_sip:

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, femmepop said:

YES!

every time I listen to the album in full I'm always stunned like damn... it really IS good.

I remember the day it came out I was feeling very apprehensive and scared to listen to after BJ but I pressed play and by the time Man In the Moon came on I was in tears because the album just really felt/sounded like her.

the vocal production choices on a few songs (Private Show obviously) were a little harsh at first but they have kinda grown on me and are fun now. 

DYWCO was a missed single opportunity!

overall super FUN, artsy fartsy, classic Britney album!!!!

Years from now I think it will be thought of as a nice time capsule of late 2010's pop sounds tbh.:drinky_cheers_wine_smoke_bubbles_sunglasses_nod_tea_sip:

I agree 

I mean dywco is boring to me so whatever but I agree. This is a perfect time capsule of Britney in the late 2010s 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, HIM said:

It’s a really good 9th album. It’s so rare to have an album without any skips. She really went in on this one. Glad it was nothing like BJ or PG 

:unbothered_apple_chew_bite_hair_eat_chomp_red: it had a skip sorry sweetie private show said  :squint_meme_sunglasses_pink_stare_squint: 

18 hours ago, e_ffen said:

I’ve been on my patio for the last hour or so soaking up some amazing weather, smoking a joint, and listening to Glory - and wow! She really is that ***** isn’t she? I’ve played it so much over the years that I sometimes forget to sit down and really listen and appreciate it. 

So MANY bops, those vocals :melt_weird_drift_wow: , her personality is EVERYWHERE, and she just sounds so confident. It’s so Britney. 

Also, HTFY has become one of my favorite tracks over the years, I’ve always enjoyed it but I have a new found love for it. 

That’s all :P  Comment if you love Glory too.

Slumber Party GIF by Britney Spears

Glory is awesome, dude. Ive decided i like it more than in the zone. Its in my brit trifecta for sure. The only song i skip is private show. If Im Dancing shoulda been a single. I have a whole video concept that plays in my head of her dancing through life and the world through the view of a kaleidascooe seemingly all in one take. It leaked (no joke) as i was waiting for my flight to alaska to take off for my 30th bday. And the download completed JUST AS the plane took off. I was unexplainably happy sitting there listening to invitation for the first time as we flew up into the sunset on our way to anchorage. It was the one moment i believed in god. Lol

14 minutes ago, femmepop said:

I remember having this exact feeling! I think it might have been around MOTM that I too felt some kind of relief and knew I was in for a treat!

Glory confirmed Basic Jingles was going to be a one-off stumble. 

7 minutes ago, -BoxerInTheRing- said:

Glory is awesome, dude. Ive decided i like it more than in the zone. Its in my brit trifecta for sure. The only song i skip is private show. If Im Dancing shoulda been a single. I have a whole video concept that plays in my head of her dancing through life and the world through the view of a kaleidascooe seemingly all in one take. It leaked (no joke) as i was waiting for my flight to alaska to take off for my 30th bday. And the download completed JUST AS the plane took off. I was unexplainably happy sitting there listening to invitation for the first time as we flew up into the sunset on our way to anchorage. It was the one moment i believed in god. Lol

I too like it more than ITZ! Now don’t get me wrong…ITZ is more iconic, experimental, and the highs are higher, but I still prefer Glory. Maybe it has to do with me associating ITZ with young adulthood and ***ual exploration vs the more mature and confident vibe I pick up from Glory of which I relate to more. That’s not to say that each individual track from each album fits that narrative lyrically and etc, just overall vibes I get when I listen to the albums as a whole. 

I’m glad your download completed in time for your flight! I love flying so I can only imagine what a moment it must have been to listen to a new Britney album during takeoff :tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad: 

I wish I had a moment like that!

1 hour ago, Rik said:

I mean she was 34 when it came out which is still young enough to me

and It’s lyrics are very classic Britney to me. They’re also very suited for Tinashes discography too tbh

Agree! She was 34 and young! But she had better options 

It was a really good album and super underrated. Her voice really stood out on it. I think Mood Ring could have been a single. Swimming in the Stars should have been on the original release. It makes me wonder how many songs she recorded that sound just as good from this era that we didn’t hear. A lot of people I know liked “Private Show”. “Do you wanna come over” was good too. Ugh so many songs were good. It could have been a “visual album” and she could have done music videos for all the songs. I’m hoping she does that in the future if she works again. Rather than only do videos for the singles. “Love me Down” was also one of my faves off the album. 

9 minutes ago, MmmBop said:

It was a really good album and super underrated. Her voice really stood out on it. I think Mood Ring could have been a single. Swimming in the Stars should have been on the original release. It makes me wonder how many songs she recorded that sound just as good from this era that we didn’t hear. A lot of people I know liked “Private Show”. “Do you wanna come over” was good too. Ugh so many songs were good. It could have been a “visual album” and she could have done music videos for all the songs. I’m hoping she does that in the future if she works again. Rather than only do videos for the singles. “Love me Down” was also one of my faves off the album. 

Agreed on Mood Ring and SITS. 

And I bet there are many great songs leftover! I’m sure they had better options than Matches at least. The re-release should have been Swimming + 2 other new songs and some remixes. 

I always daydream of a Glory visual album and what could have been :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

I wanted her to do something like what Christina did for Liberation, but bigger. Like she can do simple videos for the album tracks and call them “visuals”, something like the black and white video of her in bed for her most recent perfume ad but for Just Luv Me. Or like the latex scenes for another Prerogative ad but for DYWCO. Something simple but beautiful and captivating like Beyoncé’s 1+1 would be nice as well. 

Then she’d have her big budget videos for the singles (like MM and SP + 2 others for singles #3 and 4). 

Love Glory! So refreshing after Britney Jean. I remember my first listen being floored as soon as Invitation came on. Such a great opener! I also don’t get all the Private Show hate… I love it! It’s so quirky and fun and honestly was the promo single that really got me pumped for the album :messbye_britney_pink_leave_walking_running_bye_goodbye_away:

Glory does really hide its best songs on the Deluxe edition though. Any of those could have been singles (maybe except Coupure Électrique). I wish she had either included them on the standard edition and traded out some other tracks, or released the deluxe tracks (including Mood Ring) as a follow-up EP a la The Fame/The Fame Monster.

Maybe Glory/Glorious?

That would have extended the era and allowed for some more music videos.

Just Saying Schitts Creek GIF by CBC