I just really love Glory

5 minutes ago, e_ffen said:

Deserved 5 singles, no less! 

In my fantasy world it would have gone like this;

Make Me single #1 (with original rollout plan and video) 

Slumber Party ft.Rihanna single #2 debuts alongside album (with video, get that #1 debut, gurl) 

Love Me Down single #3

Mood Ring / DYWCO / or a Just Luv Me remix for single #4 

Liar or a CYM remix (since Despacito was taking off at that time) for the final single

:melt_weird_drift_wow::katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile::notfeelinit_ny_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_meme_sunglasses_bed_mad_waiting_crossed_hands::tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad:

There are so many great options that singles #4 and 5 are interchangeable with a lot. They had options.

Options that were ignored :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

• Like 1
15 hours ago, e_ffen said:

I’ve been on my patio for the last hour or so soaking up some amazing weather, smoking a joint, and listening to Glory - and wow! She really is that ***** isn’t she? I’ve played it so much over the years that I sometimes forget to sit down and really listen and appreciate it. 

So MANY bops, those vocals :melt_weird_drift_wow: , her personality is EVERYWHERE, and she just sounds so confident. It’s so Britney. 

Also, HTFY has become one of my favorite tracks over the years, I’ve always enjoyed it but I have a new found love for it. 

That’s all :P  Comment if you love Glory too.

Slumber Party GIF by Britney Spears

I feel the same honey :wink_britney_everytime_white:

18 minutes ago, e_ffen said:

100%. Super underrated. Every casual listener I play this song for loves it!

A classic bridge where the singer switches the melody from the rest of the song to make it more distinctive and outstanding. We rarely get any of this these days in pop. 

Also, Glory is such a summer album for me. I'll always associate it with hot summer days. I can also divide the songs into parts of the summer day. Like, MOTM is definitely an evening song for me alongside Just luv me. Liar is late afternoon, beginning of sunset. Mood Ring is the transition to dusk. Change your mind, better, LMD are early afternoon by the beach. Invitation, Make me, private show. Just like me are morning/noon songs to me. Clumsy and DYWTCO are like 10pm, getting ready to go out songs. Slumber party is definitely an evening song for the bar. What u need is like 10pm in the lounge area. If I'm dancing and Matches is like midnight clubbing. Coupure electrique is like 2am time to go to bed. SWITS is 2:45 am is admiring the view from the balcony, ready to go to bed. 

20 minutes ago, Geralt_of_Rivia said:

A classic bridge where the singer switches the melody from the rest of the song to make it more distinctive and outstanding. We rarely get any of this these days in pop. 

Also, Glory is such a summer album for me. I'll always associate it with hot summer days. I can also divide the songs into parts of the summer day. Like, MOTM is definitely an evening song for me alongside Just luv me. Liar is late afternoon, beginning of sunset. Mood Ring is the transition to dusk. Change your mind, better, LMD are early afternoon by the beach. Invitation, Make me, private show. Just like me are morning/noon songs to me. Clumsy and DYWTCO are like 10pm, getting ready to go out songs. Slumber party is definitely an evening song for the bar. What u need is like 10pm in the lounge area. If I'm dancing and Matches is like midnight clubbing. Coupure electrique is like 2am time to go to bed. SWITS is 2:45 am is admiring the view from the balcony, ready to go to bed. 

I can see and feel 100% of that - it totally works as a summer album also. Glory is one of those super vibey albums that takes you places. It’s always so interesting to hear where it takes others compared to my experience! 

Glory is amazing! I love how much Britney loved making this album, and you can tell that she really poured herself into it and had fun. My favorite tracks are Man On The Moon, Make Me, Invitation, Liar, Love Me Down, and Slumber Party. But I love all of the songs from the album! I would've made Make Me, Slumber Party, Love Me Down, Mood Ring, and DYWCO singles. I think Mood Ring and Swimming in the Stars should've been on the original album, or at least the deluxe version. Overall, just an amazing album, and I love listening to it!

1 minute ago, Jostermann said:

Glory is amazing! I love how much Britney loved making this album, and you can tell that she really poured herself into it and had fun.

I think Mood Ring and Swimming in the Stars should've been on the original album, or at least the deluxe version. Overall, just an amazing album, and I love listening to it!

Agree 1000% - and that’s definitely one of the reasons I love this album so much. 

Mood Ring, Swimming, Liar and CYM all deserved to be on the standard. Just Like Me and Clumsy can take their places as bonuses. 

1 hour ago, Onyxgirl17 said:

I really like it… I’m listening to it now 😄💖

Snap Sis! 💞  I've really for into it again recently with the hot weather and then saw this thread.   I have a few tracks on my regular playlists, but I really enjoy Glory the most when I listen to it in its entirity ❤️

15 hours ago, KrisJ said:

They should have got rid of “Private Screech” and replaced it with “Exaholic”. And scrapped Make Me as a single and thrown in Change your Mind or Love Me Down.

Make me is soooooooo good! It’s very age appropriate song! 

• Like 1

Thanks for this thread! I listened to "Glory" a few days ago with quality heaphones and oh my... What a ride! ALL the songs are good, and her voice sounds amazing, and you can tell that she enjoyed recording the whole thing. It's also SO BRITNEY! It has a little bit of everything that makes her... her. <3

1 hour ago, thebritmaster said:

DYWCO would not have smashed. It’s inauthentic because we know she’s not allowed to have friends over :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

It’s the same reason slumber party flopped :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale: she’s not allowed to have them 

It’s also why Tinashe was removed from the Apple and Spotify apps :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: Lou cares about Britney’s artistry and deleted it for authenticity 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Rik said:

It’s the same reason slumber party flopped :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale: she’s not allowed to have them 

It’s also why Tinashe was removed from the Apple and Spotify apps :yesplease_yas_agree_preach: Lou cares about Britney’s artistry and deleted it for authenticity 

Slumber party is a good song but not for her age! It doesn’t appeal her audience, I think a great second single was change your mind as at that time Spanish songs were dominating

Or Better or Mood ring

• Like 1
1 hour ago, e_ffen said:

Agree 1000% - and that’s definitely one of the reasons I love this album so much. 

Mood Ring, Swimming, Liar and CYM all deserved to be on the standard. Just Like Me and Clumsy can take their places as bonuses. 

Just love me should have been released as promotional single before Make me

• Like 1