Britney current Fandom - Is young generation listening to her or have forgotten about her?

16 hours ago, Prachi said:

Well, glory got slept upon so it makes sense. I think time has really passed now, I feel nostalgic she was the only one back then.

Well, I would consider  Glory as a popularity reference since its promotion was next to nothing. She waa here and there but promoting the Vegas show, not Glory. Plus, por single choices and bad timing, etc. 

• Super Mods

Sometimes I do think that, like when she came out her music appeals to everyone (I know particularly kids and teens) like she never really try to pander to like specific race groups or the gay audience, her music was meant to be liked by everyone so it bothers me that she still can’t be appealing to the younger generation still as I feel she does have it still. 

That’s why it’s so frustrating with her team as I feel she just has that knack, she observes and absorbs what’s surrounding her and spits out pop perfection. Glad over time she’s gaining more respect that she well deserves. I hate it when I hear “ oh she’s too old” or “wasn’t she famous like back in the day?” because as I got older I too understand what older people were saying that just because we’re old doesn’t mean we aren’t useless. Cuz I do feel like people perceive her as that sometimes like she’s damaged goods, no need to bother about her. 

• Super Mods

Honestly no, I dont think the new generation is listening to her.

They know of her though.

Like for example: my 16 and 15 yr old cousins know who she is and BOMT

but they dont listen to her.

And Idk if my sis counts on this since shes 22 but she even knows about Glory (her fave song was Slumber Party)

I blame Britney's team, label and conservatorship cause they are ruining her legacy and making her a thing of a past

instead of still being relevant.

I still think she can make hits but its the people around her that dont seem to think so.

7 hours ago, Puppy said:

Sometimes I do think that, like when she came out her music appeals to everyone (I know particularly kids and teens) like she never really try to pander to like specific race groups or the gay audience, her music was meant to be liked by everyone so it bothers me that she still can’t be appealing to the younger generation still as I feel she does have it still. 

That’s why it’s so frustrating with her team as I feel she just has that knack, she observes and absorbs what’s surrounding her and spits out pop perfection. Glad over time she’s gaining more respect that she well deserves. I hate it when I hear “ oh she’s too old” or “wasn’t she famous like back in the day?” because as I got older I too understand what older people were saying that just because we’re old doesn’t mean we aren’t useless. Cuz I do feel like people perceive her as that sometimes like she’s damaged goods, no need to bother about her. 

Hmmm, as I think of Madonna young people do not listen to her also. But with Britney I feel it's a different case as she's fairly young her last hit was 2013 with work B. Her team is big time to blame than the team, they really didn't put any effort for her to get into the positive light. Media obsession was real back then with her, with such great pop music it breaks my heart that people are thinking of her as a crazy person. But, somehow I do think even Britney doesn't want to be in the limelight anymore she served 2000s really well. But after this c-ship I do feel she will come back with her truth, new music and tours. And I think this time with whole world watching, her music will blow up. 

8 hours ago, Puppy said:

Hmmm, rightly made point. I feel definitely her era has passed now, makes me feel very nostalgic compared to new pop stars in the game it's really weird to see how high standards Britney set hardly anything amazes me anymore in terms of new gen pop stars performances. But, I think this time things will change for Britney as #freebritney movement has sparked - she's gaining sympathy and support. I do think after she's free, she'll come out with her side of the story, new music and tours. I mean her FF album - worst era sold better and Glory didn't just because of no promotion. Glory era really got slept upon, I really don't think she will not make new music anymore but this time she'll make it on her own terms I guess. 

• Super Mods
28 minutes ago, Prachi said:

Hmmm, rightly made point. I feel definitely her era has passed now, makes me feel very nostalgic compared to new pop stars in the game it's really weird to see how high standards Britney set hardly anything amazes me anymore in terms of new gen pop stars performances. But, I think this time things will change for Britney as #freebritney movement has sparked - she's gaining sympathy and support. I do think after she's free, she'll come out with her side of the story, new music and tours. I mean her FF album - worst era sold better and Glory didn't just because of no promotion. Glory era really got slept upon, I really don't think she will not make new music anymore but this time she'll make it on her own terms I guess. 

I believe she will, I feel like she makes music so she can dance and it does bring her joy.