Britney current Fandom - Is young generation listening to her or have forgotten about her?

3 hours ago, Saoru said:

Some would be aware of her but as a whole they are not interested in her. It's natural. But no, she is not relevant to the younger generation. 

It's the same as Madonna and all popstars of a certain age. 

I mean Madonna peaked at age 47 and I was dancing to her songs at age 11 at the time so it’s got nothing to do with age. Maybe times have changed due to streaming eras 

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Dirk said:

I feel like Britney genuine hard die fans are between the age 28-39 years old

Britney is irrelevant by the GP, but she still is important in the music industry, because her fans in that age are economic active now, and that's the age you kind of become a little nostalgic about your teen days, some are marrying, that's one of the facts that her Las Vegas Residency was successful, a lot of "old fans" went there to see her bc maybe they hadn't the opportunity to see her when they were younger.

but her timing in the music industry totally passed, there's a bunch of interesting and genuine artists nowadays, I mean, Britney Spears is a constructed popstar, now people also relate to the artist on a personal level, and Britney is not relatable right now for the people who consume music now that is basically people who's between 13-26 years old now, that's the people who chart music and dictate what is hot right now... so Britney is basically like a Kim Kardashian, a celebrity, instead of being seeing as a genuine artist, + the type of artist she is like with a lot of choreographed dance is not really relevant right now unless you're a K-pop artist, looking back, Britney was basically a kid having fun and putting her energy on a high school presentation with a lot of props and wardrobe changes. Her talent was the self-confidence, energy and impeccable dancing and that's over, I mean, at least she needs to reinvent her style of dancing and she's probably working on that (judging by her IG videos) bc it's a lot of work to dance like she used to for a 40 years old mind with lots of real life issues and someone who's kinda over it. 

and FreeBritney gave her and her marketing team another opportunity to capitalize on her relevance now, the doc and her name being discussed all over twitter probably making young people discover her and maybe they will get to interest on her music again? Gimme More was relevant bc of tiktok... so idk, anything could happen but yeah it feel like her time passed, only nostalgic people like her music, I have a lot of friends and they like Toxic but she's not respected as an artist at all, the gays respect her more. 

Us fans are feeling what Madonna fans felt during American life era with Britney and then Gaga taking over the music industry. Britney is like a Madonna or Michael Jackson for today's generation, she's also a study case for new artist and managers on how to handle new artists now, I feel like Britney Spears was the last mega artist on the traditional old days of the music industry. 

I think you are making the point, but why isn't she respected is something that boggles me always? I always feel that her team didn't put much effort for making her image like an legend type of artist. She has highly influenced pop back in those days she was a sheer treat to watch still is, but I do feel like as #freebritney movement have gained a lot of momentum she might be free and give an album which'll be a smash hit because I do feel she will continue working. 

I also feel that if 2007 she didn't survive, she would've always cemented as a legend but as she did survive people question her, I mean of course young people aren't listening to madonna or mj also but they are still legends. 

One more point I feel, she never got to reinvent herself like Beyonce etc - glory in my opinion couldve been that but era got slept upon.

She’s not huge anymore which is a given since it’s been 5 years without new music. The last Britney song I remember as a Gen Z was Work B. However I would say she is respected as an icon/legend and not at all in a bad way since a lot of us were babies when she was going through her personal struggles. She will always be remembered for her pop culture contributions, Twitter is not representative of the actual public 

1 minute ago, canyouhandlemytruth said:

She’s not huge anymore which is a given since it’s been 5 years without new music. The last Britney song I remember as a Gen Z was Work B. However I would say she is respected as an icon/legend and not at all in a bad way since a lot of us were babies when she was going through her personal struggles. She will always be remembered for her pop culture contributions, Twitter is not representative of the actual public 

Oh thank god, I feel my era has now passed now newer artist have come in, but i am glad she is known and people know her iconic hits. 

Haven't you listened to glory? It's good. 

im 24 now not so younger generation lol :kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing: but now i see many britney news in all social media , insta, twitter, facebook, because the free britney movement and the fight of the conservatorship so that must make you wanna know whats goin on, so i think her music is re borning :tiffanynod_miss_ms_ny_new_york_yes_yas_nodding_agree: now she really is a legend :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing: when i see comments almost all the time are positive, so thats cool

Everyone knows Britney is a Legend and Iconic, but unfortunately I think all of huge attention surrounding her Con is overshadowing her career and achievements, a little bit. Though she is definitely loved by the GP, she’s become her own reality show, so to speak. It saddens me because although the exposure her freedom are paramount, I miss people celebrating her art. One day.. she’ll be amazing again.  

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Million Billion said:

She isnt forgotten but they definitely dont listen to her maybe since 2013. 

Not saying there arent young fans but they are the 0000000000000000.000001% of their entire generation. 

And tbh, at this point, I dont care. :imcute_britney_ftr_for_the_record_hat_paris_french_smile_grin_happy:

Well, glory got slept upon so it makes sense. I think time has really passed now, I feel nostalgic she was the only one back then.

4 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Hello! 15 year old Britney stan since 2018 :hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello: Ys, my generation does know her and all her iconic songs but only a few IK are a fan her. Also, I too am Indian! Welcome to the Asian fan club :ahhh_britney_scream_glory_excited_yay_pumped:

****, you are Indian? Wow, where do you live?

14 hours ago, Shadow. said:

this is the natural progression of pop stars especially for an artist who hasn't reinvented their image/sound much since the mid 00s & hasn't been a chart force since 2011.... I'm sure there are young fans but for the majority they either don't care or just see her as an icon of her time. they are probably more aware of her considering the whole free britney situation though & if britney wanted it, she could have another majorly successful era.

I think this makes sense, people know MJ and Madonna but they are not they are listening. I have serious thinking and I am sure she will come back and this time her music will rule the charts just like before. I think I am started to feel Britney time has really passed, I am sure Madonna fans must've felt the same.

17 yo from Bosnia and Herzegovina here lol. Have been a fan for almost 2 years, and no it's not because of TikTok lol. I was just interested in her music and I became a fan. I have a friend that loves BOMT and Oops but I doubt any of my other friends listen to her 🤣

6 minutes ago, Lonely2001 said:

17 yo from Bosnia and Herzegovina here lol. Have been a fan for almost 2 years, and no it's not because of TikTok lol. I was just interested in her music and I became a fan. I have a friend that loves BOMT and Oops but I doubt any of my other friends listen to her 🤣

I think she's big in Brazil and Indonesia. 

I'm 20 and I'm from Hungary. Here my generation loves her big hits, Toxic, BOMT, Oops, Gimme More, Womanizer, Work B and the FF one's because that was her last radio popular era. And I think they gained respect for her, after the documentary (I don't think that much of them has actually seen it as it didn't come out officially on any streaming service here sadly, but they heard about it through the media), but I think before 2020 she wasn't really cared for by them, especially not her private life or mental health (some might thought she's "crazy").

But her hits were & are loved. They would absolutely stan her, if they had seen her performances, her dancing, her old mvs, interviews. I fell in love with her in 2017 entirely and there is no turning back ever since. I promote her, I market her music, I inform my friends about her conversatorship battle, so yeah

I don't have tiktok, but some of my friends do and they listen to Gimme More and Criminal and idk what else because of it. And I just checked, Britney has 22 M Spotify listeners, I think that is really impressive (for reference, Lana Del Rey has 20 M and also Lorde, who is trending right now because she released a new single, her first since 2017 and Britney nothing in the last 5 years)

3 minutes ago, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

I'm 20 and I'm from Hungary. Here my generation loves her big hits, Toxic, BOMT, Oops, Gimme More, Womanizer, Work B and the FF one's because that was her last radio popular era. And I think they gained respect for her, after the documentary (I don't think that much of them has actually seen it as it didn't come out officially on any streaming service here sadly, but they heard about it through the media), but I think before 2020 she wasn't really cared for by them, especially not her private life or mental health (some might thought she's "crazy").

But her hits were & are loved. They would absolutely stan her, if they had seen her performances, her dancing, her old mvs, interviews. I fell in love with her in 2017 entirely and there is no turning back ever since. I promote her, I market her music, I inform my friends about her conversatorship battle, so yeah

Been doing this since 1999, haha! 

2 minutes ago, Dirk said:

They did, the MTV Vanguard Awards, the GLAAd, the Billboard performance, and others that I forgot now...  they started marketing her as a legend that got nothing to prove some years ago, but also the main market was about her being a mom, they advertised it so much... in interviews, magazines, so that made a disconnection about who she is to what she sings about, there's this disconnection about who Britney is as a person, a mom, in their late 30's and her music, so it feels a little bit unauthentic to people, her music is not her lifestyle so it makes her more like a brand and a celebrity and not really a genuine artist, and today's in all about coherence, authenticity, they didn't get to made a transition with her... and maybe they are right to continue with that... but not right now I guess? I mean, that can't keep going, her artist and music should be more real with her life... IDK, bc also Britney is so young at heart too, and if you're not really a nerd about music this can totally pass by the GP... so yeah I agree with you, she didn't have space to have a transition like Beyonce but I don't think that was a issue some years ago, maybe that transition is about to happen now, who knows. 

I think a lot of people have started to like her or love her because of the documentary. She's the last superstar in my opinion, her charisma was really something back then. IIguess everyone feels that when their favourite artist are now old and not ruling the charts anymore. Britney mania was real back then, I still haven't seen it with any-other now.