Britney current Fandom - Is young generation listening to her or have forgotten about her?

Hi everyone, I am from India and 27 years old and Britney has been my number 1 since the age of 5 - she was my first of everything. I've been reading about her a lot due to the #freebritney movement and wanted to understand how people outside my country think of her? Because I read here and there on threads except reddit that she's overrated and GP has forgotten about her. Though I am sure her fans in 1999 vs now must be less. Has britney image improved due to the documentary? Here Britney is mostly played so I know people like her. But whenever I talk to younger generation they know her of course but they don't listen to her except of Toxic etc. 

Also, I wanted to understand how Beyonce fans think she's a legend and Britney is not in anyway? Beyonce must be most successful now but she literally is worshipped like a god let alone thew next MJ? WTF is that? 

• Like 1

I'm 21 and I became her fan in 2020 :wendy_williams_bop_listen_music: It works that way = when young people explore her career deeper, they become fans. I wasn't aware of how amazing Britney was in early 2000s and look what happened when I discovered it.

Framing Britney Spears reminded people how Britney was amazing, her influence, impact and that she definitely deserves respect cause she's a huge legend.

1 hour ago, Prachi said:

Also, I wanted to understand how Beyonce fans think she's a legend and Britney is not in anyway? Beyonce must be most successful now but she literally is worshipped like a god let alone thew next MJ? WTF is that? 

Beyonce's fans are extremely jealous of Britney's career as she has TONS of iconic moments that had huge impact on pop culture like dancing with a snake, kissing Madonna, naked body suit on VMAs, her breakdown, Toxic, Baby One More Time etc. Beyonce literally has nothing that big. Baby One More Time alone is greater and more iconic than Bey's whole career. They are jealous so they treat Bey like a God that she clearly isn't and they just bully Britney and they make jokes about her not having freedom etc. Gross people. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Britman512 said:

I’m 21 do I count as the young generation? :cuteidk_britney_excited_laugh_yes_yas_happy_smile:

Welcome to the club brother :wendy_williams_bop_listen_music::tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

I'm 13 and have been stanning since 11. I got into Britney because a member of the GP (a friend who I lost touched with) referenced Oops!... (her most known song in my city even more than BOMT and Toxic) so ofc I had heard it but I was interested to listen to it again because I liked the rhythm. (She was parodying it by replacing the lyrics with certain words and singing it. :orangu_orangutan_ape:)

I will say, Britney does honestly have a good image. Before the documentary, literally none of my friends knew about 2007. Like we all just remember when we were little and jamming to Circus and her FF album was all over the radio here. "Princess of Pop", is as synonymous with her name as King/Queen are with Michael/Madonna. Everyone knows ...BOMT, Oops!..., Stronger, Toxic, Gimme More, and Womanizer. Even Not a Girl might ring a bell for a lot of people, but I think that overall Slave is a bit forgotten where I am amongst younger people unless they follow influencers who dance to it whenever it becomes trendy. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

The only person who has ever talked about Britney in a negative way who was my age was this one girl, but she's an Xtina stan one of the last few remaining, and she used to stan Katy Perry, so what can we say about her music taste. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

But yeah, she's mostly viewed like Madonna/Michael/Mariah/Whitney/etc, they don't know her entire career, but they know all the classics they need to know and just view them as legends because they have that aura around them so.   :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

I'm 13 and have been stanning since 11. I got into Britney because a member of the GP (a friend who I lost touched with) referenced Oops!... (her most known song in my city even more than BOMT and Toxic) so ofc I had heard it but I was interested to listen to it again because I liked the rhythm. (She was parodying it by replacing the lyrics with certain words and singing it. :orangu_orangutan_ape:)

I will say, Britney does honestly have a good image. Before the documentary, literally none of my friends knew about 2007. Like we all just remember when we were little and jamming to Circus and her FF album was all over the radio here. "Princess of Pop", is as synonymous with her name as King/Queen are with Michael/Madonna. Everyone knows ...BOMT, Oops!..., Stronger, Toxic, Gimme More, and Womanizer. Even Not a Girl might ring a bell for a lot of people, but I think that overall Slave is a bit forgotten where I am amongst younger people unless they follow influencers who dance to it whenever it becomes trendy. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

The only person who has ever talked about Britney in a negative way who was my age was this one girl, but she's an Xtina stan one of the last few remaining, and she used to stan Katy Perry, so what can we say about her music taste. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

But yeah, she's mostly viewed like Madonna/Michael/Mariah/Whitney/etc, they don't know her entire career, but they know all the classics they need to know and just view them as legends because they have that aura around them so.   :raven_thats_so_simone_talking_telling_preaching:

Welcome to the club man, stanning Britney since 1999,

1 hour ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

I'm 21 and I became her fan in 2020 :wendy_williams_bop_listen_music: It works that way = when young people explore her career deeper, they become fans. I wasn't aware of how amazing Britney was in early 2000s and look what happened when I discovered it.

Framing Britney Spears reminded people how Britney was amazing, her influence, impact and that she definitely deserves respect cause she's a huge legend.

Beyonce's fans are extremely jealous of Britney's career as she has TONS of iconic moments that had huge impact on pop culture like dancing with a snake, kissing Madonna, naked body suit on VMAs, her breakdown, Toxic, Baby One More Time etc. Beyonce literally has nothing that big. Baby One More Time alone is greater and more iconic than Bey's whole career. They are jealous so they treat Bey like a God that she clearly isn't and they just bully Britney and they make jokes about her not having freedom etc. Gross people. 

I just don't freaking understand this, Beyonce is good but how the **** she is better than Prime Britney in dancing? WTF she has done, she doesn't dance. How she is worshipped like a god? How she gets away lip syncing? I am really tired of her. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Saoru said:

Some would be aware of her but as a whole they are not interested in her. It's natural. But no, she is not relevant to the younger generation. 

It's the same as Madonna and all popstars of a certain age. 

How is her image? People know her? Has documentary done any good? 

this is the natural progression of pop stars especially for an artist who hasn't reinvented their image/sound much since the mid 00s & hasn't been a chart force since 2011.... I'm sure there are young fans but for the majority they either don't care or just see her as an icon of her time. they are probably more aware of her considering the whole free britney situation though & if britney wanted it, she could have another majorly successful era.

• Like 1

I guess, I was just on twitter the other day beyonce fans really drag Britney a lot and say she's trash, hardly sings and not a legend at all so I wondered is this GP talking or some delusional fans? 

I do think after Brit is free, she will come back with an album and touring because she as a brand needs to keep up the money and as she got a lot of sympathy because of the movement I am sure album will become huge. 

4 hours ago, Prachi said:

Also Beyonce stans are insignificant and pushing 40, pay then no mind:gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

• Haha 4
5 minutes ago, ShatteredBoy said:

I’m 19 and stan. Some of my friends like some of her songs but yeah she’s not really huge anymore, not with my generation.

But, i hope she's respected and not called as a crazy person. I guess this happens with everyone, Madonna is also not talked about now. 

• Like 1