It wasn't Britney's fault she idolized being in love

It was the fault of our society back then teaching women through literally every single form of media (religion, movies, songs) that falling in love's what it's all about on top of everyone idolizing her and Justin.

Yet everyone constantly misses that and just blames it on Britney's constant work. "She just wants to settle down" Was it a factor? Yes. But there's so much bigger, overlying issues here. She wanted an escape and the only reason she saw love as one is because we make it out to be the greatest thing of all time. I feel like you don't even need to be Britney's level of overworked to consider it one. People do it all the time, with way less pressure, way less fame, way less work, etc. On top of that, in Britney's specific situation the media hated her so much more without Justin on her side, which is another huge issue with society at the time but I digress. She never needed a man to "settle down", but it's like society forced women to think like that.

Idk, I just always think about the situation Britney was put in and then consequently think of everyone judging her every move when literally every step she took was the most logical one to take considering everything. .

I can't be the only one who's constantly frustrated about stuff like this right? xd

It's like people completely miss the bigger picture when it comes to Britney and just blame everything on her.

It's the lack of proper thought that gets to me.

Post some more stuff that completely went over peoples' heads as it was happening / still goes over peoples' heads

• Like 1

it's just that stupid social norm that if you are over 20 you have to find a partner and settle down and have kids otherwise you are considered old, ****ed up and a trash

and it's deeply programmed into people (excluding this new gen z). she was overworked and thought if she just married and had kids she would be happy. Ofc that was a bs idea that backfired

in 08 when FTR came out I didnt fully get it cuz I was in h.school but when you are older you get what  she said. And that's why I was always careful with relationships. I don't want to get into something just because of the idea it will make me happy. And it's not even my idea, it's the idea of society in general

People would be 100x happier if they didnt do things just because society expect them to do them (marriage at the specific age, kids, work...)

I don't blame Britney. I blame the society and its ****ed up norms that make people unhappy.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Ramerita said:

it's just that stupid social norm that if you are over 20 you have to find a partner and settle down and have kids otherwise you are considered old, ****ed up and a trash

and it's deeply programmed into people (excluding this new gen z). she was overworked and thought if she just married and had kids she would be happy. Ofc that was a bs idea that backfired

in 08 when FTR came out I didnt fully get it cuz I was in h.school but when you are older you get what  she said. And that's why I was always careful with relationships. I don't want to get into something just because of the idea it will make me happy. And it's not even my idea, it's the idea of society in general

People would be 100x happier if they didnt do things just because society expect them to do them (marriage at the specific age, kids, work...)

I don't blame Britney. I blame the society and its ****ed up norms that make people unhappy.

To be quite honest? I've never watched FTR (but I know the content). I'm such a softie, I know I'd probably cry / get angry if I watched it now 

You're spot on that it's the societal norms. Worst thing is, there's several points in Britney's life where she tried to fight those societal norms, and every time she was torn apart for it.

It's just sad that Britney had no one on her side. People that thought they were above societal norms saw her as vapid and shallow, and the people that wanted her to follow the societal norms saw her as the devil. When she was just a human making the best of it. Meh

2 minutes ago, Goten21 said:

To be quite honest? I've never watched FTR (but I know the content). I'm such a softie, I know I'd probably cry / get angry if I watched it now 

You're spot on that it's the societal norms. Worst thing is, there's several points in Britney's life where she tried to fight those societal norms, and every time she was torn apart for it.

It's just sad that Britney had no one on her side. People that thought they were above societal norms saw her as vapid and shallow, and the people that wanted her to follow the societal norms saw her as the devil. When she was just a human making the best of it. Meh

back then those bull**** ideas were a must follow. You had to follow them or the society would bash you. Now they are kind of going away though

She was rushed into doing things... If she met K F in 2014 instead of 2004 she would use him for what he is- a **** toy. She wouldn't have the need to marry someone who has 10$ on his bank acc and has a preg.gf

I think that's why she's not rushing to marry Sam. No one expects her to marry someone she ****s with and that's perfectly ok. And she's been with him for years now which is a sign their relationship is pretty healthy and not being rushed.

Society is finally changing :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

29 minutes ago, Ramerita said:

I love all of this. Thank you. I couldn’t agree more.

• Super Mods

I disagree, it’s not society, I truly believe she really wants kids, it’s more than just what is society norm. She didn’t have a good childhood and it’s natural she would want to have her own children and build her own family. Despite what “society” thinks, women are built to have babies and while there’s always exceptions, most women do have that desire just like Cindy Crawford was willing to risk ruining her body because she wanted kids that badly that can cause her to retire if her body changed. She did say on the set of BOMT that she wanted to be married and have a kid by the age 25. Her plan was to cash in her chips in a sense and settle back into kentwood once the pop thing stops being trendy. 

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, Puppy said:

body because she wanted kids that badly that can cause her to retire if her body changed. She did say on the set of BOMT that she wanted to be married and have a kid by the age 25. Her plan was to cash in her chips in a sense and settle back into kentwood once the pop thing stops being trendy

I'm not saying she didn't truly want it. She made a song about being pregnant without even being pregnant lol, it's very clear she really wanted it. My point is the pressure she felt to do it isn't something specific to her situation, it's something that's implicitly and explicitly put onto us by society, yet Britney's case was/is viewed as an isolated one because of her circumstances. This isn't right because it being viewed as isolated is exactly the reason so little people showed empathy. Even now, people from her own age group mostly give Britney sympathy and not empathy. Like Ramerita said, it's the new generation that's breaking these norms and mostly they are being truly empathic with Britney.

Edit:

Having her say at 17 that her life goal is to be married by 25 is exactly the type of thing I'm talking about. There's literally zero reason to feel this pressure, and the fact that she let go of everything to follow a childhood dream is poetic, but it's also somewhat problematic, because it makes a person ignore red flags. 

49 minutes ago, Ramerita said:

back then those bull**** ideas were a must follow. You had to follow them or the society would bash you. Now they are kind of going away though

She was rushed into doing things... If she met K F in 2014 instead of 2004 she would use him for what he is- a **** toy. She wouldn't have the need to marry someone who has 10$ on his bank acc and has a preg.gf

I think that's why she's not rushing to marry Sam. No one expects her to marry someone she ****s with and that's perfectly ok. And she's been with him for years now which is a sign their relationship is pretty healthy and not being rushed.

Society is finally changing :crying1_britney_sobbing_tears_2006_sad:

You're so right. I'm glad things are changing :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

I always side-eye people that want to go back. It's so glamorized, but there was so much wrong with how we viewed everything. I wish I could go into the future to see if there's anything I'm not really aware of right now that's also pretty unjust.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Goten21 said:

It was the fault of our society back then teaching women through literally every single form of media (religion, movies, songs) that falling in love's what it's all about on top of everyone idolizing her and Justin.

Everyone still trying to brainwash us that ''being in love'' is a goal and u win when you are in a relationship 

1 hour ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

Everyone still trying to brainwash us that ''being in love'' is a goal and u win when you are in a relationship 

I agree with you all.

There is this idea that finding a partner and being in love is the main goal and all that matters -_-

Unfortunately, we buy into it, we romanticize it, we glamorize it and we strive for it. Only to later realize that it wasn’t and good or as important as we were made to believe.

She did too, and that’s why she doesn’t believe in marriage anymore :donewithit_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_hand_telling_talking_chatting_wave_waving:

Shout-out to my fellow exhalers living a life after “love”, the real woke generation.

2 hours ago, Puppy said:

I disagree, it’s not society, I truly believe she really wants kids, it’s more than just what is society norm. She didn’t have a good childhood and it’s natural she would want to have her own children and build her own family. Despite what “society” thinks, women are built to have babies and while there’s always exceptions, most women do have that desire just like Cindy Crawford was willing to risk ruining her body because she wanted kids that badly that can cause her to retire if her body changed. She did say on the set of BOMT that she wanted to be married and have a kid by the age 25. Her plan was to cash in her chips in a sense and settle back into kentwood once the pop thing stops being trendy. 

By all accounts Britney did have a good childhood tho, even if not a wealthy one.

2 hours ago, HairFullOfSecrets said:

In every account starting in the Mikey Mouse club Britned has said good things about her childhood, with footage to back it up.

Yes, because at 12 she’d go on national TV to say her dad was a drunk :ririshade2_rihanna_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_irritated_mad:

On 6/16/2021 at 9:38 AM, ShatteredBoy said:

I disagree, both Iggy and Britney said it was the lead from Britney's new album so there was an album ready or almost ready. If only Liar survived into Glory and rest was scrapped I don't see that as evolving but as starting fresh. Let's agree to disagree I guess.

On 6/16/2021 at 8:01 AM, Isla said:

I’m more inclined to believe that the album just evolved over time. Not to mention at the time of Pretty Girls’ release Larry said Britney was ‘just releasing singles’. They just recorded some songs in the same vein as Pretty Girls they decided not to use as they kept recording new tracks, but kept some of the earlier songs like Liar. 

I remember this time vividly (I was in 9th grade at lunch discreetly  listening to Pretty girls on my phone)

I think team con was testing the waters with the fans and gp.

what will they respond too

What’s working and what isn’t 

What’s gonna make us the most money

during this time Britney was kinda everywhere (booked and busy)

multiple Ellen appearances 

cameo on Jane the virgin 

PG

dating Charlie 

the video game

And the beginning of her merch  really expanding (tshirts appearing in targets, h&m, solidifying her as a nostalgia act)

Also they mentioned she would just drop singles.

I feel like Britney put her foot down tho because all this stopped by the time glory came out (besides the tshirts) 

I also still bothered Thats she wasn’t allowed to promote glory the way she probably wanted, she had to promote Vegas.

Did she get to choose her set list?

anyway I would’ve loved a medley performance of glory at the vmas similar to what Beyoncé literally did minutes before her

1 hour ago, Britman512 said:

I remember this time vividly (I was in 9th grade at lunch discreetly  listening to Pretty girls on my phone)

cameo on Jane the virgin 

PG

dating Charlie 

the video game

And the beginning of her merch  really expanding (tshirts appearing in targets, h&m, solidifying her as a nostalgia act)

I feel like Britney put her foot down tho because all this stopped by the time glory came out (besides the tshirts) 

I also still bothered Thats she wasn’t allowed to promote glory the way she probably wanted, she had to promote Vegas.

anyway I would’ve loved a medley performance of glory at the vmas similar to what Beyoncé literally did minutes before her

Yeah pretty much this, although if by 'video game' you mean American Dream, that actually launched in May 2016, a few months before Make Me/Glory were released. 

EDIT: You seemed to have quote my post in the wrong thread? :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Edited by Isla

Maybe I'm just a product of the societal norms you're talking about but I totally relate to what Britney was taking about when she was young. IDK just the experience of it all, being able to have someone who loves you and to raise people who you love unconditionally just seems so ideal to me. Being able to be married and have kids before I was 25 when I become an adult was always something I aspired to do, like since I was 6 years old I've always wanted that to be my future as an adult. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

But then again, y'all have life experience because you're like in your mid 20s and 30s so maybe when I grow up I'll understand more. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Britman512 said:

cameo on Jane the virgin 

PG

dating Charlie 

the video game

Not trying to be rude at all but can y’all stop quoting me about this damn Pretty Girls now?:katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

I’ve kindly provided receipts and stuff I vividly remember since some users are trying to change the narrative now (I was also in the 9th grade and lived through it and was stanning hard as it was the first release I 100% was there for) and I believe Britney and Iggy when they said it was the lead for the album.

A lot of times in the industry managers will act like they’re testing the waters because if that song underperforms they will act like it was always just a standalone single, which is exactly what happened with Pretty Girls. But if the song is a hit, they will drop the album right after, that’s what happened with the actual Glory too, Make Me initially was rumored not to be the lead single, it was announced as just a single, even Billboard guaranteed it wasn’t the lead, when it initially did good and better than PG then Team Britney confirmed it was gonna be the lead single. Rihanna, for example, is also known for using this strategy (saying she’s just releasing songs until one sticks and then suddenly it’s her new lead single, particularly with Anti). There was def an album ready that ended up scrapped which Britney and Iggy probably just slipped up on and weren’t maybe meant to say it. I know that your fave having to scrap an album isn’t the most positive thing but it’s the most logical situation given all the facts we have and information Britney and Iggy themselves confirmed at the time.

2 minutes ago, ShatteredBoy said:

Not trying to be rude at all but can y’all stop quoting me about this damn Pretty Girls now?:katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

I’ve kindly provided receipts and stuff I remember (I was also in the 9th grade and lived through it and was stanning hard as it was the first release I 100% was there for) and I believe Britney and Iggy when they said it was the lead for the album.

A lot of times in the industry managers will act like they’re testing the waters because if that song underperforms they will act like it was always just a standalone single, which is exactly what happened with Pretty Girls. But if the song is a hit, they will drop the album right after, that’s what happened with the actual Glory too, Make Me initially was rumored not to be the lead single, it was announced as just a single, even Billboard guaranteed it wasn’t the lead, when it initially did good Team Britney then confirmed it was the lead single. Rihanna is known for using this strategy (say she’s just releasing songs until one sticks and then suddenly it’s her new lead single, particularly with Anti). There was def an album that ended up scrapped ready which Britney and Iggy probably just slipped up on and weren’t maybe to say it. I know knowing your fave having to scrap an album isn’t the most positive thing but it’s the most logical situation given all the facts we have and information Britney and Iggy herself confirmed at the time.

I mean what do you know…

aren’t we all just fans speculating anyway, isn’t that the point of all this…

but anyway 

See ya :mcwave_mariah_Carey_kiss_bye_goodbye_wave: