Lady Gaga’s “Chromatica” One Year Later - Thoughts?

“Chromatica” - One Year Later  

170 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Oh I do want to say something else: I HATED how she promoted and talked about this project, with so much words and little connection to the actual record. I wish artists now would stop talking so much and simply make videos or perform or sing.

The name "Chromatica" and this big world she talked about has NOTHING to do with the record. She inflated it.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

This.

It's actually a very good album. It has a distinctive sound/feel, it's cohesive, her vocals are amazing, she sounds super honest.

My favorite songs are "Free Woman" (A GEM), "911" (imagine this one in a clubbbbb!), "Rain On Me", "Sine from Above", and "1000 Doves".

The only song I don't really like is... "Replay". Ironically, most if not everybody seems to love that one... I don't get it.

Ddd I like Replay!! I prefer the piano version of 1000 Doves for some reason.

I was never a fan of hers until Artpop came out. Since then I have followed her career. Chromatic album made me like her even more. 
I feel this album should have had a bigger era.

Babylon. Alice. Rain on me. Stupid love. Free Woman. It’s a pure pop album. 

Her team or her lost interest real quick with this album. 

1 minute ago, SJK said:

Her team or her lost interest real quick with this album. 

I think she was surprised how little or even bad the reception for "Stupid Love" was (it's a stupid single, honestly...), and I can't believe the gays were so underwhelmed and unappreciative of "Rain On Me"..... Like, it was designed for queer people. And then "911" is a SMASH, and she made a super Gaga and quirky and smart and colorful video and..... People and fans paid it dust. Of couse she "lost interest", people just weren't responding.

I still think that Free Woman and Fun Tonight are some of the most disposable songs she's ever recorded. Sour Candy not being a proper single was a mistake, and I hate that both Sour Candy and Sine From Above were songs that were recorded by other artists before being sold to her. It just ruins Gaga's legacy considering that she used to write her own songs.

Chromatica definitely isn’t her best work, but it’s still an Amazing Dance Album.  :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

Its a beautiful consistent body of work, a fun throwback moment, and it has a relevant and marketable concept that capitalizes on a hot sound. Get those coinZ GaGa..  :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer: 

I love it.  :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

Also, I have my RSD Vinyl listing on eBay, too..  Peep a good sis.   :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lady-Gaga-Chromatica-Exclusive-RSD2021-Yellow-Vinyl-Brand-New-Unopened-/294228429951?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

2 hours ago, Stefani said:

I still think that Free Woman and Fun Tonight are some of the most disposable songs she's ever recorded.

WHAT?! :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked:

Have you read the lyrics to "Free Woman"? The line alone "I'm not nothing without a steady hand" should already make you guys respect the album.

• Like 1

I never really got into Chromatica. Gaga’s music has been hit or miss with me since Born This Way, but Chromatica was the first album that just kinda felt generic. Definitely some songs I liked on it, but nothing that really jumped out to me. Even Rain On Me felt like most of the appeal was the high profile collabo.

But I’ll always give Gaga the benefit of the doubt. She’s super talented, and I’m excited for what she has in store for her next era.

On 6/18/2021 at 9:09 PM, Adriannn said:

As I once commented in another thread...

Chromatica is a good pop album... but not Lady-Gaga-returns-to-pop good. Back when Gaga was ruling the pop game, many starlets tried to emulate her sound at their own capacity and it was... good. 
Chromatica felt as if Gaga herself was trying to replicate her early self and well... it was just... good. 
I sometimes go back to Sour Candy and to Replay, but not even as close as to how often I go back to the rest of her discography, which is not good, but brilliant. 

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE.

Chromatica is a good pop album, made even more special during the pandemic we all endured. It picked me up on some dark days.

But When Madonna made the return to dance pop (with Ray of Light), for example, it was not only brilliant but a "game changer". I think we all wanted a game changer. But an artists' game changer record cannot be predicted. This is why I try to avoid any and all hype. 

The way she followed confessions on a dance floor by not having breaks or gaps it began and it didn't end until after Babylon...

It's a shame the deluxe was only a physical exclusive.  

But this was a back to her performer and she paid it dust cos she like says, she lives for the applause only nobody was there to give her what she likes the applause.  

Outside Rain on me with more relevant pop star Ariana grande, nane me the biggest hit outside that. Stupid love doesn't count, her first max Martin track and into underperformed.

Proving max Martin sound is no longer in vogue. 

I put together a Chromatica tribute online drag show! It was a ton of work FUN!

The album was released during a time when drag queens couldn't really perform it to the max but this was a nice chance to show off the quality and range of the album and my local drag scene. Enjoy!

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block