Billie Eilish facing allegations over racial slur video, Update: she apologized

• Super Mods

And people are now aware that Britney is in a cship for a decade but let’s ease their guilt by making a big stint of freebritney. Sure let’s bully Justin into making a apology so we can sleep better knowing we did good despite being pointless when both ladies have moved on. Like Jessica simpson said about John Mayer, what good will it do? 

also anyone remember Britney cussed while her mic was still on yet the soccer moms gave her a hard time about it? As if kids don’t know how to cuss or say naughty words as I did.

On 6/19/2021 at 2:02 PM, Alexanda said:

I will use my eyes, when someone looks like a girl, say she and her, what's the problem? 

It doesn't hurt anybody. 

They are aware, but you don't need to point that out every single day. :) 

Like... be a gentleman, have manners and open the fu.cking door. ;) 

The only people I open the door for are the elderly & cute guys. You can open the door for anyone you want to tho boo.

On 6/19/2021 at 9:28 AM, Jordan Miller said:

Respectfully disagree. There's more to gender than chromosomes. I think we should hold space for people and their experiences regarding their reality, spirit, body and of course gender. 

s** is binary. That’s scientifically irrefutable whether you disagree or not. There’s no argument around that. Gender as “identity”, if one prescribes to the sociological theory of “gender theory” can be posited as a spectrum. That doesn’t mean the global populace needs to prescribe to a subjective theory not rooted or grounded in quantitive science. Nor does it mean people shouldn’t be given the space to “identify” with however they like. As long as it doesn’t effect others negatively than by all means who cares. 

There is for sure a difference between stating a valid point as it relates to a subject and being malicious or mean spirited. 

Anyways, as it relates to the topic, hopefully Billie addresses this issue head on and apologizes.  

This is the part of cancel culture that is absolutely ridiculous and stupid. I guess all the ones wanting Rodrigo to dominate are doing this. We humans repeat ourselves so much it's painful. We do the same tricks, only with slight variations. Christina vs Britney, Mariah vs Whitney, Billie vs Olivia. Duh. Give it 2 years til the stupid train comes for Olivia 

2 hours ago, Bigno said:

This is the part of cancel culture that is absolutely ridiculous and stupid. I guess all the ones wanting Rodrigo to dominate are doing this. We humans repeat ourselves so much it's painful. We do the same tricks, only with slight variations. Christina vs Britney, Mariah vs Whitney, Billie vs Olivia. Duh. Give it 2 years til the stupid train comes for Olivia 

A rich white girl said a racial slur and mocked a language and somehow she’s the victim of ‘cancel culture’. It’s ridiculous and stupid to you because you’re not affected. Nobody’s trying to cancel her. We just want her to address the issue and apologize. Us POC have been letting **** like this slide for too long. People have their right to feel offended and upset. Sorry you may not like it but society has come to the point where people won’t get away with racism anymore. I don’t care if she was fourteen. Even a child knows they need to apologize when they make a mistake or hurt somebody. She needs to do better. Point blank period. 

And how does this have anything to do with Olivia Rodrigo? 

• Like 1

To everyone mad at her for saying that as a teenager, great.

Also keep that same energy when you use this piece of s.hit’s memes because her 40 year old a.ss filmed an Asian couple last year and bullied them saying they had corona virus because they were Asian. I’m referring to the bktidalwave, the... human being in the video.

22 minutes ago, Doja Kitten said:

A rich white girl said a racial slur and mocked a language and somehow she’s the victim of ‘cancel culture’. It’s ridiculous and stupid to you because you’re not affected. Nobody’s trying to cancel her. We just want her to address the issue and apologize. Us POC have been letting **** like this slide for too long. People have their right to feel offended and upset. Sorry you may not like it but society has come to the point where people won’t get away with racism anymore. I don’t care if she was fourteen. Even a child knows they need to apologize when they make a mistake or hurt somebody. She needs to do better. Point blank period. 

And how does this have anything to do with Olivia Rodrigo? 

Hey, just because I am not outraged in my comment, doesn't mean I see no wrong here. Never did I say she is a victim, nor do I sympathize with what she said. I am also well aware of the imbalance of the reaction towards her compared to others like Camila Cabello.  I don't think she has to get a pass. I commented on another aspect. I mean c'mon, if I don't write a tirade against every wrong I see online, I am suddenly favoring or defending it? Heck no. I don't have to be in a permanent state of indignation to actually find something absolutely wrong. Seriously, read what I wrote again and tell me where do I defend her or victimize her? Nowhere. I was commenting on a different issue, slightly connected to this, which is the "war" between fan bases, period. 

This girl will be cancelled in no time, she also said she hated her debut album process - I don't know man sometimes I feel these youngsters should think before they speak. Her album work is already not seeing any positive light. Feels like she's made enough money and now not interested to do this anymore, I don't think this girl will last even a decade. I said what I said. :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

• Haha 1
On 6/18/2021 at 10:47 AM, Style. said:

Confess what you did and said, racist! I’m sorry, but we need a new section of exhale called The Walk Of Shame! 

Do you even know what the term racist means? It means that one feels their race is or another race is superior to others. Stereotyping or ignorant comments is not what defines racism. It’s just that - stereotyping or ignorance. The member said they were young and is right, we all made stupid comments back then because we were uneducated and had no clue it could be truly impactful in a negative way to another person. And that’s not to say “let kids say what they want then?” so please spare me. This alarmist internet bull**** needs to stop. Step out into the real world and have meaningful, real life friendships and you’ll realize there are more good people than there are bad. I have love for all races in my heart but go ahead and label me a racist, too. 

• Haha 1
On 6/22/2021 at 4:31 PM, Slayer said:

E4c3xaxWYAIo2-u?format=jpg&name=large

22 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

She apologized

E4c3xaxWYAIo2-u?format=jpg&name=large

As an Asian, I forgive her. She also wrote this post herself (clearly) and she admitted to her ignorance when younger. Reason for why she apologized is a lil' weird tho, but it is okay because I feel she is genuinely apologetic. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block