Billie Eilish facing allegations over racial slur video, Update: she apologized

17 hours ago, Invitation said:

I’m not saying she’s right, but I do not know the context.

SMH @ people  equating this to Camila, who started a tumblr dedicated to making fun of black people and continued to insult Normani even after she made it in Hollywood.

If she said the n word nobody would ask for the context. :wtf_britney_what_confused_um:

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Invitation said:

I’m not saying she’s right, but I do not know the context.

SMH @ people  equating this to Camila, who started a tumblr dedicated to making fun of black people and continued to insult Normani even after she made it in Hollywood.

@ me next time you wanna be a baddie :hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello: Normani is no saint either. She’s been accused of making fun of Asians as well. Not saying what Camila did was right, but she has apologized to amend for that behavior and was a literal child when she made that Tumblr

• Leader
18 hours ago, MmmBop said:

I mean, on the XY chromosomes you weren’t wrong… a male is a male is a male no matter how many surgeries one gets.

Respectfully disagree. There's more to gender than chromosomes. I think we should hold space for people and their experiences regarding their reality, spirit, body and of course gender. 

• Like 1
  • Content Curators
3 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

@ me next time you wanna be a baddie :hiii_britney_wave_glaad_2018_waving_hello: Normani is no saint either. She’s been accused of making fun of Asians as well. Not saying what Camila did was right, but she has apologized to amend for that behavior and was a literal child when she made that Tumblr

I didn't read any specific comments, so it wasn't about you at all. 

Calling her bandmate the N word was still pretty messed up tbh coz by that time she's already in the industry.

• Content Curators
4 hours ago, Doja Kitten said:

If she said the n word nobody would ask for the context. :wtf_britney_what_confused_um:

True because people have been long educated about the n word. It does make a difference when someone has shown a long pattern of hate towards a certain race.

I am Asian myself, and I don't think she's right for doing that, but I haven't seen a pattern from Billie other than this little clip. I'm not even a Billie Eilish fan, but some of the things she said in the past made me think she's a pretty bright young girl.

23 hours ago, MmmBop said:

I mean, on the XY chromosomes you weren’t wrong… a male is a male is a male no matter how many surgeries one gets.

In general, people say and do stupid sh^t when they’re young. As long as they can own it, apologize for it and be better in spite of it then everyone should move on.

I will use my eyes, when someone looks like a girl, say she and her, what's the problem? 

It doesn't hurt anybody. 

They are aware, but you don't need to point that out every single day. :) 

Like... be a gentleman, have manners and open the fu.cking door. ;) 

5 hours ago, Invitation said:

True because people have been long educated about the n word. It does make a difference when someone has shown a long pattern of hate towards a certain race.

I am Asian myself, and I don't think she's right for doing that, but I haven't seen a pattern from Billie other than this little clip. I'm not even a Billie Eilish fan, but some of the things she said in the past made me think she's a pretty bright young girl.

Yet we haven’t seen any effort from this bright young girl to address the situation or apologize. :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod: 

I find it ridiculous that people judge by decisions of a teenager:tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:. When I was young I was a Republican and I supported the military dictatorship, ignoring the whole issue of genocide that affects society after a coup ... and so who knows when I was kicked and badly educated with other people or cultures. :clownery_makeup_meme:
However, I managed to evolve as a human being, and I am very proud of that. :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat::bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

26 minutes ago, SpearsSpearsBrit said:

I find it ridiculous that people judge by decisions of a teenager:tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:. When I was young I was a Republican and I supported the military dictatorship, ignoring the whole issue of genocide that affects society after a coup ... and so who knows when I was kicked and badly educated with other people or cultures. :clownery_makeup_meme:
However, I managed to evolve as a human being, and I am very proud of that. :byetina_xtina_Christina_aguilera_pink_leave_bye_walk_leave_carpet_cheetah_hat::bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

I’ve seen this argument so many times in this thread: You need to forgive her for being racist as a teenager because I was racist as a teenager. I find this arguments to be ridiculous. Being a teen doesn’t exempt you from such behaviors because teenagers are old enough to distinguish what’s good and what’s evil. The truth is quite simple: she was not a very kind person. Actions have consequences and she needs to be held accountable. Good for you for becoming better but we don’t have any evidence that she has evolved as a person since then. She could be just a stupid teenager or she could have just showed her true color. :trash_throw_away_recycle: 

11 minutes ago, Doja Kitten said:

I’ve seen this argument so many times in this thread: You need to forgive her for being racist as a teenager because I was racist as a teenager. I find this arguments to be ridiculous. Being a teen doesn’t exempt you from such behaviors because teenagers are old enough to distinguish what’s good and what’s evil. The truth is quite simple: she was not a very kind person. Actions have consequences and she needs to be held accountable. Good for you for becoming better but we don’t have any evidence that she has evolved as a person since then. She could be just a stupid teenager or she could have just showed her true color. :trash_throw_away_recycle: 

So by this sentiment then a 14 YO is old enough to make their own decisions and date whomever they want? In an ideal world then yes teenagers would be old enough to distinguish what is good versus bad. She didn’t r*** nor ****** someone. She made mistakes that shouldn’t haunt her for life. I truly believe the loudest ones are the ones saying the nastiest **** behind people’s backs. I think she’s overexposed as all hell, but she deserves a chance to explain herself and amend for her actions. I can almost stake my life that Britney is not innocent at all and can bet she’s done or said some dumb **** as a teen. She grew up in the racist south and I doubt she was going around being a social justice warrior. Just because social media wasn’t around back then doesn’t mean it most likely didn’t happen. All y’all holier than thou people acting like your **** don’t stink and pointing fingers are super irritating. If this was some grown *** adult then I would say they definitely knew better. You can know better as a teen and still make dumb decisions because you don’t have the ability to fully comprehend the actions you’re taking. Again, she didn’t r*** nor ****** anybody :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

21 minutes ago, Doja Kitten said:

you treat arguments as stupid but you say that teenagers know what is good and bad, when in reality they are people who have neither the life experience nor the emotional intelligence developed as an adult person. :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:
 The culture of cancellation is very aggressive and unfair and if many people justify the actions of stupid adolescents it is because it is normal and human to make mistakes, because based on bad decisions it allows a person to change and evolve. :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:
If you never made mistakes when you were young, I congratulate you :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud: but most of us have a past in which we prefer to forget :messbye_britney_pink_leave_walking_running_bye_goodbye_away:and that does not make you a better or a worse person, just a human being who lives cycles :bsass_britney_boys_nod:

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

So by this sentiment then a 14 YO is old enough to make their own decisions and date whomever they want? In an ideal world then yes teenagers would be old enough to distinguish what is good versus bad. She didn’t r*** nor ****** someone. She made mistakes that shouldn’t haunt her for life. I truly believe the loudest ones are the ones saying the nastiest **** behind people’s backs. I think she’s overexposed as all hell, but she deserves a chance to explain herself and amend for her actions. I can almost stake my life that Britney is not innocent at all and can bet she’s done or said some dumb **** as a teen. She grew up in the racist south and I doubt she was going around being a social justice warrior. Just because social media wasn’t around back then doesn’t mean it most likely didn’t happen. All y’all holier than thou people acting like your **** don’t stink and pointing fingers are super irritating. If this was some grown *** adult then I would say they definitely knew better. You can know better as a teen and still make dumb decisions because you don’t have the ability to fully comprehend the actions you’re taking. Again, she didn’t r*** nor ****** anybody :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

She didn’t r@pe or ****** anyone but she casually threw around a slur that traumatized millions people with Asian descent and mocked a language in a way that many racist people used to terrorize Asian people. You are no one to discredit our feelings and trauma. Yes she was a teenager when she did that but she was a rich white teenager. All she needs to do is check her privilege and apologize to anyone that’s been offended and hurt by her actions. Before that’s been done I am entitled to believe she’s not a very kind person. :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:

11 minutes ago, SpearsSpearsBrit said:

you treat arguments as stupid but you say that teenagers know what is good and bad, when in reality they are people who have neither the life experience nor the emotional intelligence developed as an adult person. :britstare11_britney_ftr_for_the_record_annoyed_tired_irritated_sigh:
 The culture of cancellation is very aggressive and unfair and if many people justify the actions of stupid adolescents it is because it is normal and human to make mistakes, because based on bad decisions it allows a person to change and evolve. :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:
If you never made mistakes when you were young, I congratulate you :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud: but most of us have a past in which we prefer to forget :messbye_britney_pink_leave_walking_running_bye_goodbye_away:and that does not make you a better or a worse person, just a human being who lives cycles :bsass_britney_boys_nod:

Nobody’s really been cancelled what does it even mean. All she needs is to be held accountable and apologize. Just because she was a teenager doesn’t mean she can get away with being racist. No one here’s trying to cancel her. But I want and need a proper apology from this young lady.:nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:

• Like 1
Just now, Blackout2006 said:

Yeah, she does kinda need to make a statement regarding Asians :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

When will you make your statement about this situation? I don’t believe your friendship with Billie is actually over at all. I think you’re a lie 

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block