Billie Eilish facing allegations over racial slur video, Update: she apologized

What's with everyone trying to cancel Billie all of a sudden? I'm so over it. She just TURNED 19. For Gods sake, let people grow and make mistakes and learn from them. We are not all perfect. I'm sure every single one of you have said **** and done things in your teenage years that you regret and cringe at. All of this is getting on my last nerve. Y'all wanna cause another celebrity breakdown or what's the end goal here? :whitney_houston_huh_oh_really_well_look_stare_welp:

• Like 2

I'm definitely willing to forgive and forget things people do or say in their formative years because, let's face it, kids are stupid and think being offensive and demeaning to minorities makes them edgy and funny.

HOWEVER, I'm cackling at yall admitting to your racist pasts in this thread to defend Billie Goat. :didilie_nicki_lmao_laugh_haha_lol_hehe_cackle_minaj_hat:

I can honestly say growing up I never felt the need to mock blacks or Asians for "humor" though. I always knew and felt it was wrong. Maybe because I grew up in a pretty diverse community with black,Asian and Hispanic friends.

With that being said, I definitely said problematic things growing up too. Maybe because I was wanting acceptance from my peers and I didn't understand the gravity of words nor did I really understand respecting others the way I do now as a grown man. It's  not really fair to Billie to hold this against her for the rest of her life,BUT it's also not unfair to call her out on it now so she learns a lesson.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, ftr:itsbrit***** said:

I’m not defending Billie, but Britney used to say the “R word” all the time (a slur against individuals with an intellectual disability/Down syndrome) until she realized it was offensive. Should she be canceled too? Cancel culture is ridiculous. I think people should be held accountable but they should be able to learn from genuinely ignorant mistakes. Once you know better, you do better. Not everyone is as culturally competent as others and some need education and exposure to others different than them in order to learn and grow into respectful people. 

:dead_falling_wig_dying:

• Haha 3
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, ftr:itsbrit***** said:

I’m not defending Billie, but Britney used to say the “R word” all the time (a slur against individuals with an intellectual disability/Down syndrome) until she realized it was offensive. Should she be canceled too? Cancel culture is ridiculous. I think people should be held accountable but they should be able to learn from genuinely ignorant mistakes. Once you know better, you do better. Not everyone is as culturally competent as others and some need education and exposure to others different than them in order to learn and grow into respectful people. 

TRUE. Most pop stars only have a high school degree.  :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: So sad!

I have two masters and working on a PhD and I'm still learning every day! Be best, y'all! :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink: 

2 minutes ago, Style. said:

Do you think Harriet Tubman was walking around with a ******* nice shiny ******* dress on with a ******* crown on her head when she was taking slaves? TO FREEDOM! :didilie_nicki_lmao_laugh_haha_lol_hehe_cackle_minaj_hat::didilie_nicki_lmao_laugh_haha_lol_hehe_cackle_minaj_hat:

Reveal hidden contents

Roman about to pop out :airpls_gaga_wheeze_eyes_wide_breathe_lady_lmao_lol_haha_hehe_omg_surprised_shocked:

Hide contents

:gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised:

Was watching this in the morning:orangu_orangutan_ape:
Nicki knows how to drag ppl omg. I was laughing my way through most of the video lol

• Haha 1
46 minutes ago, Korb said:

I'm definitely willing to forgive and forget things people do or say in their formative years because, let's face it, kids are stupid and think being offensive and demeaning to minorities makes them edgy and funny.

HOWEVER, I'm cackling at yall admitting to your racist pasts in this thread to defend Billie Goat. :didilie_nicki_lmao_laugh_haha_lol_hehe_cackle_minaj_hat:

I can honestly say growing up I never felt the need to mock blacks or Asians for "humor" though. I always knew and felt it was wrong. Maybe because I grew up in a pretty diverse community with black,Asian and Hispanic friends.

With that being said, I definitely said problematic things growing up too. Maybe because I was wanting acceptance from my peers and I didn't understand the gravity of words nor did I really understand respecting others the way I do now as a grown man. It's  not really fair to Billie to hold this against her for the rest of her life,BUT it's also not unfair to call her out on it now so she learns a lesson.

The point is, how do we know Billie has not learned her lesson? These videos just happen to be resurfacing now and everyone is trying to cancel her for it even though it happened years ago and Billie has grown up a lot since then? 

And, it's great that you allegedly already knew 'racist' humor was wrong and good for you, but many people grow up in an environment where that may be the norm and we aren't educated enough to know better until we're out of that environment or educate ourselves. I grew up in a predominately white school where the Spanish kids, asian kids, black kids, all had their own cliques and you can best believe that everyone was always shading the other. Kids repeat behavior they see and think is 'cool' and it's shameful that we attack Billie who is still so young and has said on many occasions that she suffers from depression and anxiety. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I mean, it's pretty messed up, but I did similar things as a teenager. I'm sure I mocked slanted eyes many a time in elementary and middle school. Moreover, I remember leaving a very transphobic comment on one of Gigi Gorgeous' videos in 8th or 9th grade, calling her a man and shoving the fact that she has XY chromosomes in her face because I hated myself for being gay. What can I say? People do change. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

I mean, on the XY chromosomes you weren’t wrong… a male is a male is a male no matter how many surgeries one gets.

In general, people say and do stupid sh^t when they’re young. As long as they can own it, apologize for it and be better in spite of it then everyone should move on.

57 minutes ago, MmmBop said:

I mean, on the XY chromosomes you weren’t wrong… a male is a male is a male no matter how many surgeries one gets.

In general, people say and do stupid sh^t when they’re young. As long as they can own it, apologize for it and be better in spite of it then everyone should move on.

I mean yeah, if we wanna be factual, she's a biological male, and many transgender people have no problem admitting that, but rubbing it in someone's face as a means of invalidating their identity is not okay. By and large, your chromosomes mean nothing to the people around you, so there's no reason to bring them up other than to be an A-hole.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, 2K16NEY said:

The point is, how do we know Billie has not learned her lesson? These videos just happen to be resurfacing now and everyone is trying to cancel her for it even though it happened years ago and Billie has grown up a lot since then? 

And, it's great that you allegedly already knew 'racist' humor was wrong and good for you, but many people grow up in an environment where that may be the norm and we aren't educated enough to know better until we're out of that environment or educate ourselves. I grew up in a predominately white school where the Spanish kids, asian kids, black kids, all had their own cliques and you can best believe that everyone was always shading the other. Kids repeat behavior they see and think is 'cool' and it's shameful that we attack Billie who is still so young and has said on many occasions that she suffers from depression and anxiety. 

I agree with you about Billie. I'm not personally pressed about what I saw in those clips. I'm also 29 yrs old and have better things to do than to try to cancel 19 yrs olds on twitter.

BUT, I want to clarify that It's not "allegedly" ,it really is my character and my upbringing. Growing up my best friend was black and I had to listen to a lot of racist ****, sometimes even from my own family members. I'd get into serious fights over it because I really have and always will believe racism is evil. I get that those things are common ,even in minority groups ,but that doesn't mean everyone participates in racist behavior or racist humor. Some of us really do know better ,even as kids. It's not a thing of being "woke". This was before twitter or "cancel culture" (technically cancel culture has existed for a long time but before the term was being used, anyway). It's hurtful when you grow up with minority friends and you see how people say or do gross things to the people who are close to you, so I never even played when it came to racism as a child. 

Though like I said , I really did say problematic things ,such as transphobic or misogynistic things as a kid AND as an adult. I'm a grown man now and know better and I still try to continue to do better and to recognize and challenge my own prejudices. :)

• Like 1
7 hours ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I was So So So in the closet back then and I was really horrible to gay people at my school. Like, it was pretty bad. I would tease and hurl insults at them because being so insecure, I saw their genuine happiness as insulting and threatening to me because I was so unhappy and living in turmoil inside. 

Thankfully, I’ve seen how how horrible is was and tried to apologize to those I was able to. Now, I have my own life under control and I’m happily married to my husband of 9+ years. That’s a slay!  :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:   :kisses2all_britney_pom_piece_of_me_green_blowing_kissing:   :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

I am proud of you for having the guts to say this.I find I still suffer the consequences of homophobia from my teen years and childhood. It was next level and I can’t really come out even now officially to my parents despite it being obvious 

im glad you got your happy ending. I hope one day I will be free too! 

10 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

RIP @Blackout2006 :rip_dead_grave_mariah_graveyard_flowers_rip: Alexa play Lost Cause :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

10 hours ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

She's finally over :wendy_williams_bop_listen_music: @Blackout2006 like idol, like fan :wendy_williams_bop_listen_music:

But when I was like 14 I was making homophobic comments even if now I'm such a f@g :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

I’m genuinely dying at the @Blackout2006 slander. That thread will follow him forever. He is in fact Stan, who filed for termination 

• Haha 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block