Billie Eilish facing allegations over racial slur video, Update: she apologized

Update: Billie apologized.

E4c3xaxWYAIo2-u?format=jpg&name=large

Earlier:

This generation’s next cancellation victim: Billie Eilish. They said Olivia Rodrigo is the new Michael Jackson and anyone getting in her way is getting cancelled. Videos surfaced showing Eilish mocking Asians and people are divided whether or not she should be cancelled over it. Usually I would say if she apologizes and considering she was a teen when it happened then it should be enough. However, she’s part of the “woke” generation so she definitely knew better when she did what she did. Even so, I’d still give her the benefit of the doubt. Patiently waiting for Fadrigo’s cancellation :notfeelinit_ny_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_meme_sunglasses_bed_mad_waiting_crossed_hands:

168A7036-A49D-46C1-9E44-85B893F300EB.thumb.jpeg.156ae78d2538b7d2f3405b8fd1c16fa5.jpeg

...what? How do you guys learn stuff? BY MAKING MISTAKES! Or do you get everything right from the get-go? :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell:

I was effing EVIL when I was younger. And now I have to make efforts every single day to not fall back.

Can we please stop trying to be "woke" and start trying to be responsible adults? And that includes being patient and merciful.

• Haha 1
  • Like 6

Hella funny that some turd on here was trying to call me racist for implying white supremacy/racism still exists, then this pops up :weusay_tiffany_cackle_cackling_chuckle_giggle_lol_haha_hehe_laugh:

People say all sorts of stupid **** when they're young, of course you can condemn their actions but it's sooo dumb trying to hold stuff people did 8 years ago against them. People learn and grow immensely during their teens, we need to be focusing on what these people do in the present.

Unfortunately stuff like this is still happening though, so it's kinda sad to see/feel that there's been like, no progress.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, bitbitboi said:

...what? How do you guys learn stuff? BY MAKING MISTAKES! Or do you get everything right from the get-go? :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell:

I was effing EVIL when I was younger. And now I have to make efforts every single day to not fall back.

Can we please stop trying to be "woke" and start trying to be responsible adults? And that includes being patient and merciful.

I need this same energy for Camila 

• Like 2

This is silly, seriously how many of us did the exact same thing when we were younger?? I certainly did, I was babbling the most ridiculous stuff with my friends at our table during school lunch. I would shout things in the hallways just for attention and run away with my crew laughing at the top of our lungs.  Equate this to her being young and dumb, that’s it. I’m sure she’s learned..

I’m not saying that everybody should necessarily get a pass for everything just because they were young and stupid once, but we all need to understand that no one is perfect and we all make mistakes, all the time.

Leave her alone, she’s at the height of her career and this is nothing to get all fussy about. It’s harmless, and if someone doesn’t understand that, I’d say they’re a little bit too uptight.  :jabba_monster_gross_ew_disgusting_chew:

• Like 2
1 minute ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

This is silly, seriously how many of us did the exact same thing when we were younger?? I certainly did, I was babbling the most ridiculous stuff with my friends at our table during school lunch. I would shout things in the hallways just for attention and run away with my crew laughing at the top of our lungs.  Equate this to her being young and dumb, that’s it. I’m sure she’s learned..

I’m not saying that everybody should necessarily get a pass for everything just because they were young and stupid once, but we all need to understand that no one is perfect and we all make mistakes, all the time.

Leave her alone, she’s at the height of her career and this is nothing to get all fussy about. It’s harmless, and if someone doesn’t understand that, I’d say they’re a little bit too uptight.  :jabba_monster_gross_ew_disgusting_chew:

Agree and mentioned this same sentiment in OP. However it’s ironic that people hate Camila for the same thing but are quick to give Billie a pass. Not directed at you at all but just an observation from reading all the comments 

• Like 1

I mean, it's pretty messed up, but I did similar things as a teenager. I'm sure I mocked slanted eyes many a time in elementary and middle school. Moreover, I remember leaving a very transphobic comment on one of Gigi Gorgeous' videos in 8th or 9th grade, calling her a man and shoving the fact that she has XY chromosomes in her face because I hated myself for being gay. What can I say? People do change. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Confess what you did and said, racist! I’m sorry, but we need a new section of exhale called The Walk Of Shame! :ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:DecimalScratchyBlackbear-size_restricted

• Haha 2

Thank God I have a brain and I'm not a part of that stupid generation so I can decide for myself whom I wanna cancel and whom I don't , anyways I'm not like her biggest fan I just think 'WWAFAWDWG' was a very good album and I loved some songs on it ..... But not really into her new songs ..... 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block