This Day in Pop: Britney releases 'Boys (Co-Ed Remix)' video ft. Pharrell Williams in 2002 (June 17)

• Super Mods

4b6d9cd7b39ab50ad284970628648c2d.jpg

On June 17, 2002, Britney Spears released the Boys (Co-Ed Remix) video featuring Pharrell Williams. Boys would later be released as the last single (in most regions) off her third studio album Britney, and it was also included in the soundtrack album Austin Powers in Goldmember: Music from the Motion Picture.

The video was directed by Dave Meyers, who had previously directed Lucky in 2000. Besides Pharrell Williams who's featured on the remix, in the video Mike Myers also guest stars as Austin Powers, and additional cameos by DJ Qualls, Jason Priestly, Justin Bruening and Taye Diggs can be seen throughout the video.

Boys was nominated at the 2003 MTV Video Music Awards for Best Video from a Film, but lost to Eminem's  Lose Yourself. It landed on MTV Latin America's Top 100 of 2002 at #18.

tumblr_mfuame4LMm1qdcxoeo1_500.gif

b63a19d83ddca9b95a7d9ac1426aa9ba.gif

ImmediateJubilantDowitcher-size_restrict

Únete a Exhale Latino   ///   Participate on Exhale's Top 100 of 2021

• Twitter Team
49 minutes ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

I’m still laughing that they’ve specifically mentioned ‘album version’ when it’s actually the remix 💀 

Right? I don’t understand why :wontcry_tears_crying_sad: