Disney cringy but kinda iconic original series

Disney-Channel-1-2000.jpg

I think a lot of us were growing up watching this crap :queenie_falling_dying_dead: 

Britney was a Disney star for a sec in the past :ohcrap_britney_crap_omg_glory_jimmy_kimmel_jkl_surprised_wow:

This is definitely not a thread for @Blackout2006 cause he's too young to remember any of it so don't even try to reply to this thread honey :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

So you other guys, what shows did u watch and loved?

My list:

• The Suite Life of Zack & Cody - I loved it. It was so funny and it's still iconic. Characters like London Tipton. At that time people weren't that sensitive so there was a lot of funny jokes that wouldn't make a cut today :queenie_falling_dying_dead:
  • Zeke and Luther - one of them is literally in jail right now for stealing w/ gun :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

And others that I didn't enjoy that much but I watched sometimes like: 

• Wizards of Waverly Place
  • Hannah Montana 
  • Phineas and Ferb
  • Sonny with a Chance starring them :queenie_falling_dying_dead:
  • Shake It Off 

Most of these shows are so cringy now :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

• Haha 1

That's So Raven: SO FUNNY!!! Raven was everything. Thank God translation did her justice in my country.

Hannah Montana: I was Obsessed GIF with here like you don't know. Once stayed up all night because I missed the original airing lol so I watched the rerun at night. It was the perfume commercial performance.

Suite Life of Zack and Cody was fun too (when the spinoff aired I was already out of Disney) but I do watched the crossover for Justin's abs, such an awakening moment to me.

The crossovers were ugh on another level. I'm still mad that the Hannah Montana wasn't actually part of it.

I loved Wizards of Waverly Place. Also That’s So Raven was one of my favorite shows. I watch Ravens Home on Disney +. Lol. Lizzie McGuire was a decent show, but I was more into the movie for it. 

Kim Possible will always be the best cartoon on Disney! 
kim possible GIF

I’m sure I’m showing my age so let me stop! 

• Super Mods

None of the 2000s shows were cringe, only the shows in the 2010s.

Anyways

Lizzie was and will ALWAYS be my 1# fave disney show cause it was my childhood.

Hannah is 2nd place and reminds me of my teen years.

Those 2 will always be pure nostalgia for me.

I also love Wizards, Thats So Raven, Suite Life of Zack and Cody and Jonas.

The only 2010s Disney show I loved was Good Luck Charlie and Dog with a blog was a guilty pleasure, because the mom played by Beth littleford  she was a huge part of Vh1 I love the 80s and 90s, and this was the only time she was given a huge tv show, plus as a fan of dogs, it was about  time the best domesticated animal of all time got a tv show as the main character. 

21 hours ago, the_blackout said:

I never thought of Raven as cringy, I still watch it in my thirties and laugh my a§§ off ! Lizzie Mcguire was great too, just not on Raven's level (at least for me) I was too old when the rest came out.

To me That's So Raven is the exception tbh, It's still funny after years and even if they are in high school their humour is pretty "universal" to me. I rewatched the first seasons on Disney+ and it's funny since episode 1.

I loved most Disney Channel shows from 1998-2010

That’s So Raven - funniest of them all! Even as an adult 

Suite Life of Zack & Cody - Another hilarious even as an adult

Wizards Of Waverly Place - pretty enjoyable

Sonny with a chance - also really enjoyable ended too soon

Smart Guy - this one is hilarious 

Lizzie McGuire - pretty good show for teenagers

The famous Jett Jackson - another fun show Britney was in this as a guest.

Shake It Up - this is the last Disney show I watched in full and it got better by the season. I actually surprisingly enjoyed it and I loved the music for this show. 

Hannah Montana - I liked it as a kid, love the music still but I do feel the humour in this show was definitely for younger kids. 

I also like some of the cartoons

Lilo & Stitch The Series - I love the Lilo & Stitch franchise I loved how this show was framed it was a relaxing one to watch tbh and I still enjoy it. It’s criminally underrated.

Phineas and Ferb - iconic and enjoyable still 

While we’re on the topic of Disney Channel, what is everyone’s favourite DCOMs (Disney Channel Original Movies)?

For me some of mine are High School Musical 1 & 2, The Cheetah Girls 1 & 2 (I haven’t seen the third one dddd), Twitches 1 & 2, Jump In, Cow Belles, Get a Clue, The Suite Life Movie etc.

I watched Pixel Perfect recently, it was a bit stupid at times how devoted the main character was to a HOLOGRAM although the music in the film was good. I also watched Stuck in the Suburbs, which again was a bit stupid but fun.

I watched Don’t Look Under the Bed for Halloween last year, that one was okay but nothing amazing to me. I also watched the Christmas movies, The Ultimate Christmas Present and Twas the Night, preferred The Ultimate Christmas Present.

I also remember watching Buffalo Dreams years ago while in Paris with my sister, we were sharing a hotel room and Disney Channel was the only channel in our room’s TV that was English. I just remember it being a weird movie and we couldn’t stop laughing it at. Okay maybe I need to rewatch it :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: I wanna try and watch as many DCOMs as possible seeing as they are all on Disney+. 

Edited by Isla
On 6/17/2021 at 2:34 AM, CarTurn said:

I loved Wizards of Waverly Place. Also That’s So Raven was one of my favorite shows. I watch Ravens Home on Disney +. Lol. Lizzie McGuire was a decent show, but I was more into the movie for it. 

Kim Possible will always be the best cartoon on Disney! 
kim possible GIF

I’m sure I’m showing my age so let me stop! 

Call me beep me if you wanna reach me :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

My poor friend dressed up as Kim for Halloween a few years back and nobody recognized her 

• Haha 1
On 6/18/2021 at 8:46 PM, Isla said:

While we’re on the topic of Disney Channel, what is everyone’s favourite DCOMs (Disney Channel Original Movies)?

For me some of mine are High School Musical 1 & 2, The Cheetah Girls 1 & 2 (I haven’t seen the third one dddd), Twitches 1 & 2, Jump In, Cow Belles, Get a Clue, The Suite Life Movie etc.

I watched Pixel Perfect recently, it was a bit stupid at times how devoted the main character was to a HOLOGRAM although the music in the film was good. I also watched Stuck in the Suburbs, which again was a bit stupid but fun.

I watched Don’t Look Under the Bed for Halloween last year, that one was okay but nothing amazing to me. I also watched the Christmas movies, The Ultimate Christmas Present and Twas the Night, preferred The Ultimate Christmas Present.

I also remember watching Buffalo Dreams years ago while in Paris with my sister, we were sharing a hotel room and Disney Channel was the only channel in our room’s TV that was English. I just remember it being a weird movie and we couldn’t stop laughing it at. Okay maybe I need to rewatch it :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: I wanna try and watch as many DCOMs as possible seeing as they are all on Disney+. 

OMG. I loved all of these! Smart House was also great. Cadet Kelly is iconic. Jumping Ship was so good! Oh my goodness…. Just so many come to mind. I mean WHAT ABOUT FREAKING ZENON?!

2 hours ago, InTheZone4Life said:

OMG. I loved all of these! Smart House was also great. Cadet Kelly is iconic. Jumping Ship was so good! Oh my goodness…. Just so many come to mind. I mean WHAT ABOUT FREAKING ZENON?!

Oh Cadet Kelly is good as well! I haven’t seen the Zenon films funnily enough or the others you mentioned. Thank god for Disney+, watching old Disney Channel content is part of the reason I subscribed! 

• Super Mods
On 6/18/2021 at 5:46 PM, Isla said:

OMG YES! You mentioned Pixel Perfect!
I thought I was the only one who remembered it!

And also love all the other movies you mentioned.

They are SO underrated especially in this generation

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block