Degrassi: The next generation had their reunion to celebrate 20 years.

In 2001, Degrassi: The next generation premiered, it was the first time an all teen cast was considered relatable to kids their age, going through life, such as puberty, a guy having his first hard on in the middle of class, losing virginity, teenage pregnancy, and promiscuity, they also touched on serious LGBT issues thanks To Marco, and trans characters. 

Plus this was the Show that Drake became huge before he became the rapper today, and no he's not in the reunion. 

Learned a few things Degrassi allowed shows like S.  EX EDUCATION to be more raw and unapologetic when it comes to teens and ***uality, most of them feel shows like Skins (MTV caused serious controversy with their US Adaptation of the British teen drama) and 13 reasons why didn't do a very good portrayal of teens. 

Lauren Collins originally auditioned as Goth girl Ashley, I couldn't see it. 

Lauren was made for her character. 

The actor who played Craig feels his character probably aged badly the most given how he treated women, And how he handled his bipolar episode poorly and just acted manic by running away .

Enjoy the reunion, you can watch it on your tv on tubi, where you can stream the entire series for free. 

• Super Mods

OMG WOW!!

Its been 20 YEARS since it premiered??

I love this show and still watch it to this day (im on season 9 right now on youtube)

I think its the best teen show cause it was so honest, so raw and it really spoke to a generation.

I have yet to see another teen show as good as this and I dont think I EVER will again

• 1 month later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block