Madonna hires new writer for biopic

27 minutes ago, DougFrmBrazil said:

Madonna biopic movie likely to be a flop. She’s not like Mercury or Elton.

She kinda is, she was the first female to own her ***uality, and in the era of MTV, where men controlled the ***ual gaze of what they liked about women, Madonna turned it around and said if men can do it, so can I. 

But like she said, for females you have to be a ***** to get things done your way, if your too nice or kind, you're basically allowing people to walk over you. 

For women I've seen this too many times. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 4
29 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

She kinda is, she was the first female to own her ***uality, and in the era of MTV, where men controlled the ***ual gaze of what they liked about women, Madonna turned it around and said if men can do it, so can I. 

But like she said, for females you have to be a ***** to get things done your way, if your too nice or kind, you're basically allowing people to walk over you. 

For women I've seen this too many times. 

I’m talking about the movie not her career.

2 minutes ago, maki93 said:

I do not think this movie will be a success if released to theaters. probably streaming services? :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Also, there were talks that Madonna was twisting things her way and thats what caused clashes :angietea_angelina_jolie_tea_sips_coffee_mug_cup_drink_spilling_spill:

Both ways, cannot wait! I love Madonna. I read this book and it was so good! such a legend.

220px-Cover-madonna.jpg

He updated the book and touched how both her and Guy played a hand in their divorce..

Guy hated that he couldn't go to the pub, and be with his boys, and get drunk without the press catching him in compromising, for Madonna the day they adopted David was the end for Guy, he didn't want any children that wasn't biologically his and a housewife that was happy having the husband be the provider, which is something completely opposite of Madonna..

• Like 1

Knowing Madonna, she probably wanted to do things in a very specific ego-centric way that would portray her in a positive light throughout the biopic, which is exactly why the movie will fail imo. Simply showcasing all the positives in her life while glossing over the negatives will only be appreciated by stans, but you can't have a successful movie based solely on that.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

It’s the first time I’ve seen an artist being so involved in their own biopic. It’s starting to seem like some ego thing.

Well they had one planned unauthorized, and she shut it down..

Google Blond Ambition universal pic on Madonna shut down by Madonna herself by a massive lawsuit. 

• Super Mods

I cant wait to see it, I love Madonna!

However isnt it kinda egotistical to have a say in what a screenwriter does?

I mean I understand she needs to have some input in her story,

but it seems like shes bossing them around and firing them if she dont like what they wrote.

It seems like an ego project tbh

I think writing your own biography is a cool thing to do if you've got interesting enough stories to tell. Books leave space for the imagination or for the reader to fill on their own, but a movie? Visuals are too straight-forward, and makes everything more emotional than factual. And her being so involved in it seems very egotistical of her. I understand wanting to control your own story, I support that, but a movie involves wayyyy more people than writing a book (only yourself and an editor basically) so she'll basically be bossing around at least 40 people. A mess. And that will take too much time and energy from herself. She must really love herself and her life story to be willing to go through that, wow...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, princessmimi said:

I cant wait to see it, I love Madonna!

However isnt it kinda egotistical to have a say in what a screenwriter does?

I mean I understand she needs to have some input in her story,

but it seems like shes bossing them around and firing them if she dont like what they wrote.

It seems like an ego project tbh

Technically Madonna is also co writing the script, she has more pull in this arena, as she's directing the film, executive producing it and co writing the script based off of her career, not life..

The film begins when she's signed to Sire records in 1982 and ends at the 1999 Grammys when she gets best pop vocal album for ray of light.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Technically Madonna is also co writing the script, she has more pull in this arena, as she's directing the film, executive producing it and co writing the script based off of her career, not life..

The film begins when she's signed to Sire records in 1982 and ends at the 1999 Grammys when she gets best pop vocal album for ray of light.

Are you working for Madonna?

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block