Your coming out experience

Slayer

45 minutes ago, Malibu.D.Luxx said:

I never got the chance to come out, I was thrown out on my face 😖… my sister assumed I was gay (or maybe I just wasn’t very good at clearing the internet history 😂) and when she got mad at me she went and told the entire family. 🙄 And I mean entire family… even her in-laws… :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

And even as an adult and becoming a Drag Queen I didn’t get to (/haven’t got to) come out about that either. I have no idea who found out about it or who told anybody, but the conversations I have with my mom lead me to believe she knows. And it annoys me to no end! Like why can’t I just have these moments?! Honestly all it did was make me feel like I couldn’t really be myself because I never get to tell anyone who I even am! My narrative gets hijacked and it’s not cool 😭 

but all I can do is try being the best version of myself and support others who maybe have a similar story. Sadly I’m not the bish to come to for coming out advice. But I can help u cope with other stuff 😂  

I hate hearing stories about people outing others, I think people that do that are truly awful. I'm sad you had to go through that :(

I think you said it best, you've just got to try and be the best version of yourself, we should't live to please others! 

I hope everyone knows if they are going through a tough time they can come to Exhale and reach out to the community here for any support or guidance or just to have people to talk.

If people can't accept who you are that is THEIR issue and not yours and that is something they need to work on.

YOU'RE ALL AMAZING!

2 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I hate hearing stories about people outing others, I think people that do that are truly awful. I'm sad you had to go through that :(

I think you said it best, you've just got to try and be the best version of yourself, we should't live to please others! 

I hope everyone knows if they are going through a tough time they can come to Exhale and reach out to the community here for any support or guidance or just to have people to talk.

If people can't accept who you are that is THEIR issue and not yours and that is something they need to work on.

YOU'RE ALL AMAZING!

I agree with you. Being outed sucks! I'd come out as gay but then my brother outed me to my parents as a ***ually active gay man. It was scandalous and shameful. 

19 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I'm from Argentina. 

Yep, that's me on my pic :-)

Being authentic is OK to some extent.  If your personal context is narrow-minded, honesty only adds more pain. Some days I regret coming out... It hasn't changed my life for the better. 

Well, you are f-king handsome. :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:Anyway, sorry.

I understand your experience, sometimes living an hidden or double life may be the only or easier solution. But if you look this situation in a karmic way, you did your job at this part. You have done something so courageous, you can truly be proud of yourself.

You are honest with yourself and others. And that's what God asked you to do. Life YOUR life. YOU ARE FREE!!!!!!! You should not regret it, how people handle it is fortunately not your business. They have to accept it, they will, in time.

At the end of the day people need peace for themselves and other. Therefore, it's their job to work to reach a level of acceptance... and freedom for inner peace. You can now help them to grown as a human being. 

I admire so much people whom comes out in a really difficult context (in some countries, religious families, presumed homophobic families).

Again, I truly understand your situation but you can be proud of yourself and in peace with it. You may regret it sometimes in this lifetime but you'll be SO grateful in your next one. You broke a karmic circle.

:hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

Spoiler

Now marry me. :tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad:

26 minutes ago, B-R-I-T-N-E-Y said:

I understand your experience, sometimes living an hidden or double life may be the only or easier solution. But if you look this situation in a karmic way, you did your job at this part. You have done something so courageous, you can truly be proud of yourself.

You are honest with yourself and others. And that's what God asked you to do. Life YOUR life. YOU ARE FREE!!!!!!! You should not regret it, how people handle it is fortunately not your business. They have to accept it, they will, in time.

At the end of the day people need peace for themselves and other. Therefore, it's their job to work to reach a level of acceptance... and freedom for inner peace. You can now help them to grown as a human being. 

I admire so much people whom comes out in a really difficult context (in some countries, religious families, presumed homophobic families).

Again, I truly understand your situation but you can be proud of yourself and in peace with it. You may regret it sometimes in this lifetime but you'll be SO grateful in your next one. You broke a karmic circle.

Hide contents

Now marry me. :tiffanycries_ny_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_crying_tears_sobbing_sad:

Thanks for your kind words ;-)

I just hope everything, all the sacrifices, will make sense in the end. In one way or another, everyone has to survive their own crap every single day. I'm sure you're enduring your own battles as well.

In this lifetime, or in the next one, things will be alright

38 minutes ago, B-R-I-T-N-E-Y said:

Reveal hidden contents

You worded this perfectly!

Oh I have a mini story :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale:

So during college I made a really good female friend, who to this day is still one of my best friends. At the time, she had a major and pretty obvious crush on me. My being gay and not out to anybody yet just wanted her as a good friend, so there was a lot of dodging. Come summer time, she’s going to Hawaii with her family and asks me to come. Looking back, I’m sure she was trying to have a romantic moment, but I just wanted to make fun memories with my bestie so I went. 

we were laying on the beach during the sunset, and at the time I was seeing this guy that I haven’t told anybody about. It felt like the right moment to I just said **** it and told her that I was into guys and I was getting serious with one. She is pan ***ual, so she was more than accepting and understanding. I felt such an intense emotion that I started crying. She didn’t make a big deal out of it so I felt better. At the end of the convo she admitted she had feelings for me, and asked for a kiss for closure. I said no:awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale: still love her to this day. 

• Haha 5
4 hours ago, Slayer said:

:queenie_falling_dying_dead:

Well at least you got it out the way early on and you can be you!

Like another user said atleast they know and you can be more 'free'. I'm sure as more time goes on they'll hopefully be more supportive. However, if not it's your life and you do whatever the hell you want! 

I think that's great you didn't really need to come out and I think it's amazing your family have been supportive! :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

Oh wow, that really must have been difficult! I think it's amazing you were brave enough to come out officially - it's a hard thing for anyone to do. Parents can be annoying, especially with those sorts of comments! One day they'll realise you won't be marrying a woman and they'll just have to deal with it. You've got to do what makes you happy.

Thank you @Slayer

You're such a positive bright light on here! I hope one day I can be completely accepted but I really dont see that. My siblings and nephews and nieces are progressive and accept me. Just my parents, uncles, aunts and grandparents that done.

14 hours ago, JoJo Online said:

TRIGGER WARNING: ABUSE

I'll share a bit of mine. Also thank you for creating this thread.  ♥

Sorry about that. Hope you're OK now... :hugs_madonna_britney_ftr_2008_circus_hugging_friends_support:

13 hours ago, Brat said:

Can your Dad choke me? :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

This was unexpected. :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Spoiler

But same sis :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:it's kinda exciting

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block