The Bronze: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Megathread

2 hours ago, Cinderella85 said:

What's your favorite season and episode?  4+Hush

Who's your favorite character? Buffy,Spike + Giles (in my youth:Buffy,Tara,Oz,Angel,Faith)

What lessons did the show taught you ?"No Weapons. No Friends.No Hope. Take all that away and tell me what´s left?" "ME"+

That people can only harm you/beat you when you have given yourself and your life up.When you refuse/stop fighting.+

"I´m the thing that monsters have nightmares about. You and I show them why."

No weapons, no friends, no hope, take all that away and what's left ? ME :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

Everything here is hard, and bright, and violent. Everything I feel, everything I touch... This is hell :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live. :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

Everyone just lining up to tell me how unimportant I am. And I've finally figured out why. Power. I have it. They don't.

This bothers them :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

38 minutes ago, Roger said:

No weapons, no friends, no hope, take all that away and what's left ? ME :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

Everything here is hard, and bright, and violent. Everything I feel, everything I touch... This is hell :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it. Be brave. Live. :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

Everyone just lining up to tell me how unimportant I am. And I've finally figured out why. Power. I have it. They don't. This bothers them :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

Chills! When they name her class protector in Prom gets me good too :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

What's your favorite season and episode? Season 5 and 5x05

Who's your favorite character? Spike and Willow (and dark Willow).

What lessons did the show taught you? That woman do not need men to rsecue them, we can save ourselves.

What's your opinion on the recent drama surrounding the series ? I am sad that such iconic show had a dark story behind the scenes, i feel bad for the cast.

Also the show had some great music choices and some artists like Michelle Branch sang at the end of some episodes, that was so cool.

42 minutes ago, Roger said:

The show has really forged us into the person we have become. It helped me go through life like a karate kid a928307940c588972a5e6972a6bb31ad.gif

For real! I moved to a new school and area in my first year of secondary (high) school and was super depressed. I was at the one comic store in town looking at the Buffy magazines when a guy there asked if I like Buffy. We got to talking and he’s been one of my best friends for the last 20 years lol. For me there will never be another show like it. It totally captured an era and had so many impactful moments (tackling death, love, *******uality etc) 

I remember watching The Body episode recently with my bf (got him on the Buffy train lol) and was reminded just how talented the people on this show are. The characters and episodes stay with you like nothing else. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Sea flower said:

What's your favorite season and episode? Season 5 and 5x05

Who's your favorite character? Spike and Willow (and dark Willow).

What lessons did the show taught you? That woman do not need men to recue them, we can save ourselves.

What's your opinion on the recent drama surrounding the series ? I am sad that such iconic show had a dark story behind the scenes, i feel bad for the cast.

Also the show had some great music choices and some artists like Michelle Branch sang at the end of some episodes, that was so cool.

Interesting choice of episode ! Could you please detail why it's tour fave ? 

I agree, Buffy's OST is so good The Bronze is actually the coolest place on earth :riri_rihanna_take_bow_wink_flirt_hand_white:

2 hours ago, kdub87 said:

For real! I moved to a new school and area in my first year of secondary (high) school and was super depressed. I was at the one comic store in town looking at the Buffy magazines when a guy there asked if I like Buffy. We got to talking and he’s been one of my best friends for the last 20 years lol. For me there will never be another show like it. It totally captured an era and had so many impactful moments (tackling death, love, *******uality etc) 

I remember watching The Body episode recently with my bf (got him on the Buffy train lol) and was reminded just how talented the people on this show are. The characters and episodes stay with you like nothing else. 

Lovely story ! A true best friend also like BtVS. The show means as much to you as it means to me. 

My own BFF didn't like Buffy at first, she thought it was for kids. I forced her to watch, starting from season 5, and now she's fully part of the fandome and knows every dialogue ! She even made this for me:

IMG-20210614-231834.jpg

1 hour ago, Roger said:

Interesting choice of episode ! Could you please detail why it's tour fave ? 

I agree, Buffy's OST is so good The Bronze is actually the coolest place on earth :riri_rihanna_take_bow_wink_flirt_hand_white:

Lovely story ! A true best friend also like BtVS. The show means as much to you as it means to me. 

My own BFF didn't like Buffy at first, she thought it was for kids. I forced her to watch, starting from season 5, and now she's fully part of the fandome and knows every dialogue ! She even made this for me:

IMG-20210614-231834.jpg

Omg I really wanted the scythe prop but i couldn’t afford it at the time, that’s so sweet of your friend! Have you seen the guy on Instagram that makes Buffy sculpts? Absolutely insane! I’d love to commission a piece from him. His username is willowswarlok check him out, mind blowing!

https://instagram.com/willowswarlok?utm_medium=copy_link

Just now, wamid said:

Did y’all know Britney was supposed to appear on Buffy but couldn’t due to (something) 

I don’t remember which episode.. but it’s the one with a robot girl.. if you remember that episode.. the robot was supposed to be Britney. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/screenrant.com/buffy-vampire-slayer-britney-spears-role-robot-april/amp/ 
It was the “I was made to love you” episode 

• What's your favorite season and episode ?  Season five; The Body
  • Who's your favorite character ? And why is it Buffy ?  Buffy Summers
  • What lessons did the show taught you ? That the hardest thing in this world is to live in it.
  • What's your opinion on the recent drama surrounding the series ? It's disappointing and off-putting, however, I do not let it deter from my enjoyment of the series, and the hard work put in by those involved.
23 hours ago, wamid said:

Did y’all know Britney was supposed to appear on Buffy but couldn’t due to (something) 

I don’t remember which episode.. but it’s the one with a robot girl.. if you remember that episode.. the robot was supposed to be Britney. 

Honestly it makes sense. Britney and Sarah Michelle gellar had very strong leading lady vibes when this happened and I wish I got to see them on screen together. 

we did however get Michelle branch!

23 hours ago, wamid said:

Wasn't there speculation, as well, that Shannen Doherty was in-talks to join following her exit from Charmed, but it never happened...?

13 minutes ago, HOLLYOAKS said:

Wasn't there speculation, as well, that Shannen Doherty was in-talks to join following her exit from Charmed, but it never happened...?

Whaaaat ? Never heard this rumor ! I love Shannen but I am glad she didn't join tbh.

Y'all remember that Dawn also shaded Britney on S7's opener ? :ohdear_britney_glory_dear,_fingers_hand_face_orange_hide_uh_oh:

11 minutes ago, AndyFoster said:

I HAVE to watch an episode of Buffy everyday, it’s like a form of therapy for me, if I miss it I don’t feel right.
I’m currently up to season 6 After Life. Season 6 will ALWAYS be my favourite season, the whole darkness of it is gripping. 

We are like twins, I do the exact same ! I will never get over the show, and today I watched that episode specifically. It's my personal favourite, and I think it's extremely underrated amongst the fandome. SMG showcases her acting abilities so much here. Her best acting in the series if you ask me.

You see all along that something's wrong with Buffy, and I LOVE this imagery, which set up her whole season arc: 

q4u34e7sctz01.png?auto=webp&s=e6b5dda2c1aa70cb000468a9fade5d6e5a73462f

Last but not least, her speech at the end hits so hard as I struggle with mental health issues myself.

On 6/15/2021 at 6:44 PM, Roger said:

Whaaaat ? Never heard this rumor ! I love Shannen but I am glad she didn't join tbh.

Yeah. I don't know how true it was... but, I do recall reading that once she left Charmed there was interest in her joining Buffy, especially because of her friendship with Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block