X Factor judge Louis Walsh reflects on working with Britney: "they had to stop the show and take her out because she was on so much medication"

3 hours ago, sunny_liston said:

I'm ignorant on this topic so it's a naive question, but what kind of ***** do we think they made her take? Is there medical evidence that use / overuse of such ***** cause permanent personality changes?

i dont know about *****, that is mostly speculation, but what i mean when i say some of the damage can be permanent i don't mean medicines, i mean that she's been through so much "trauma" and abuse that it can permanently scar her, like when you have a rescue dog that was beaten by their previous owner they're hard to pet, dont trust people, etc.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Sorry but I'm not a fan of Louis... he's a bit of a creep and attention seeker.  As others pointing out in this thread, he's spoke negatively of her before and he's done things like sneaking his hand on Mel B's *** live on TV.

I wouldn't be surprised if this were true in the beginning of X-Factor. She was very off the first few episodes and obviously heavily medicated. 
BUT then she quickly transformed and became a whole different person - happy, confident, and radiant week after week.

I don't get why people here keep forgetting that. 

• Like 5

He also said:

“This is what happens. We can’t blame the music industry. They probably wanted to be famous and they get it all and then they are still not happy.

“It isn’t what they thought it was. I think there is an emptiness there with an awful lot of people. They get the trappings but it doesn’t make them happy.”

BULL****.:imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde: Britney has NEVER complained about the hard work and that she have not been home for months at a time. She said she missed her family (mostly her little sister, because she can´t care for her and lead her, gave her some advise, she was then in a special age. then) and friends, that's it.

But pulling someone's hair and forcing them to work, even though you are very ill, have a lot of pain or have a burnout, is bodily injury.And has NOTHING to do with the dark sides of the profession. Rather with the downsides of the team.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, nthenwkiss said:

i dont know about *****, that is mostly speculation, but what i mean when i say some of the damage can be permanent i don't mean medicines, i mean that she's been through so much "trauma" and abuse that it can permanently scar her, like when you have a rescue dog that was beaten by their previous owner they're hard to pet, dont trust people, etc.

Got you. In my opinion, her experience coming back the couple years after 2007 shows she is strong enough to withstand some very serious external traumas. So in regards to any permanent/long-term effects that she may or may not be showing, my main concern is honestly this history of medication. True, we don't know any details but it's theoretically scary stuff, brain chemistry. Either way - like you said - it is complete speculation at this point; Hopefully we will see that all our concerns were misguided when she is free and able to speak her mind outside of the damn instagram.

• Like 2
On 6/13/2021 at 10:16 PM, nthenwkiss said:

The brain is neuroplastic and always changing. A traumatized brain can rewire itself over time with the right treatment(s). That's how intense CBT helped me overcome diagnosed OCD - which a lot of people falsely believe is always permanent, although I no longer meet the criteria. PTSD, certain types of depression, even schizophrenia (which can sometimes shift based on hormones), etc. are not permanent in every situation. I learned this at Mayo Clinic.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/18/books/review/how-to-rewire-your-traumatized-brain.html

This is why it's so ****ed up that everyone around Britney appears to treat her like she's simply damaged. I'm not saying she'd be 100% back to her 2002 self - we don't even want that. It's okay to grow and change as a person, but it doesn't seem like she's been put in a position with the right tools to flourish.

• Like 3

I was in the audience for a few of the X Factor shows on the east coast. I just went to support Britney, but it ended up making me sad because it was clear something was wrong.

During the breaks, she never turned around to talk or interact with the audience like the other hosts. She would quickly leave the stage until it was time to film again.

And even when they were filming she was very quiet. A lot of what they tape gets cut so by the time it was edited and shown on TV that wasn’t really noticeable. But watching in person all day — she was def very subdued. 

Side tangent: I brought some little white flowers to give her but I got pushed out of the way while they were doing the red carpet walk-ins. But I bumped into her then-fiancé Jason outside later that day and asked him to pass them on to her. It was hot and they were all wilted by then 🥀 🤦‍♀️ I’m sure he just tossed them in the trash but I hope he at least let her know that she had fans in the audience who will always have her back. 

Some of you are acting like Britney is OK and is being forced to take meds against her will.  This isnt exactly the case, as its obvious she suffers from mental illness. 

While I agree she was overmedicated at one point or another, truth is she would probably be dead or worse if it wasnt for the meds.

With that said, she should have never been on the X Factor with her state:nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus:

• Like 3
8 hours ago, mythology said:

Some of you are acting like Britney is OK and is being forced to take meds against her will.  This isnt exactly the case, as its obvious she suffers from mental illness. 

While I agree she was overmedicated at one point or another, truth is she would probably be dead or worse if it wasnt for the meds.

With that said, she should have never been on the X Factor with her state:nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus:

This. It's not that she didn't need the meds, it was probably not the right ones or not the right dosage. This is typical for any mental illness treatment, the fact that you need to try different schemes until you find the right cocktail for your brain. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

On 6/12/2021 at 9:17 PM, Derrick said:

I want to know WHY she was so heavily medicated. It’s so frustrating not knowing anything about that time. She had such an iconic pop album but I genuinely believe she wasn’t mentally present at all during that time. Poor b.

Circus she was excited for a distraction and thought the conservatorship was going to end after her successful "comeback tour". This was what was promised to her - I know people that worked on Circus & they said the tour wouldn't have been insured without the conservatorship in place at the time so of course she agreed to go along with the temporary conservatorship.

We all know what happened after.

Femme Fatale was her most checked-out era. TBH I don't think it was any sort of direction she wanted to go, that album was very much to please the fans and have some club bops.

I posted previously about how I attended a filming of the X factor finale shows and I sat right behind Britney and Demi - she was totally checked out.  Her bodyguard came and gave her some medication right before they started filming... And then at one point, she was on stage with everyone, they broke for a commercial, and she literally stood there frozen as everyone else left, smiling, until a guard came up and offered his hand to help es***t her away from the stage. The whole thing was totally cringe... I think it was good for her to work at the time, we all know Britney likes to work, but it's not good if she needed to take that much medication in order to function for work. But like the article said, for 15 million ... LOL

Whatever she was on wasn't great for her and obviously they swapped her meds sometime during POM because she slowly became more like her old self.

On 6/13/2021 at 10:18 AM, 4darkchildney said:

If you look at candids from 2010, in most of them she looks sad and/or pissed off, especially around Jason, and sometimes she had bruises on her arms. Next year, she was obviously over medicated, seemed calm and was back to work. It super obvious they drugged her to make her obedient and go back to work. Makes me sick. 

It's not "super obvious". Fans on here have a HUGE problem jumping from A to Z and creating false connections. You have observed maybe 15% of her actual life and you can make this connection? She was "drugged up" for reasons we will never know. Maybe she didn't want to work per say but she wanted that $15million so, like the guy said, for that much money, you'll do whatever it takes. The point is we DONT KNOW and you shouldn't speculate and make such gross exaggerations because it lowers the credibility of the fanbase when actual facts do come out that are important for the public to understand. 

Nobody can PHYSICALLY FORCE Britney to work. We know that from her protesting now. I'm not going to open Pandora's box and get into a gazillion "what if" scenarios - of course there are tons of nasty things happening from this conservatorship that are unethical but the only thing FORCING Britney to work would be to complete any sort of legal obligations (i.e. record deal) which she could always buy out of if she really wanted to. Does she feel pressured? Do other people depend on her? These of course are the "what if's" that we could snowball and talk about forever. 

Britney may have not wanted to work at certain times (as in, waking up happy and whistling a showtune because she's so excited about her day) but done so because she is an adult with a JOB & taken whatever necessary to get her through completing that job. I'm 95% certain nobody has been physically forcing her to work... Have people manipulated her? Of course. But ultimately if she didn't want to work, the gig wouldn't have happened. 

1 hour ago, FlexAroundTheWorld said:

It's not "super obvious". Fans on here have a HUGE problem jumping from A to Z and creating false connections. You have observed maybe 15% of her actual life and you can make this connection? She was "drugged up" for reasons we will never know. Maybe she didn't want to work per say but she wanted that $15million so, like the guy said, for that much money, you'll do whatever it takes. The point is we DONT KNOW and you shouldn't speculate and make such gross exaggerations because it lowers the credibility of the fanbase when actual facts do come out that are important for the public to understand. 

Nobody can PHYSICALLY FORCE Britney to work. We know that from her protesting now. I'm not going to open Pandora's box and get into a gazillion "what if" scenarios - of course there are tons of nasty things happening from this conservatorship that are unethical but the only thing FORCING Britney to work would be to complete any sort of legal obligations (i.e. record deal) which she could always buy out of if she really wanted to. Does she feel pressured? Do other people depend on her? These of course are the "what if's" that we could snowball and talk about forever. 

Britney may have not wanted to work at certain times (as in, waking up happy and whistling a showtune because she's so excited about her day) but done so because she is an adult with a JOB & taken whatever necessary to get her through completing that job. I'm 95% certain nobody has been physically forcing her to work... Have people manipulated her? Of course. But ultimately if she didn't want to work, the gig wouldn't have happened. 

I didn't say they physically forced her to work, but ok. Nice essay.