David Archuleta comes out as ****ual/Gay

1 hour ago, Brat said:

He has said anti gay stuff in the past though :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

I'm pretty sure most of us did as a way to fight it, especially coming from religious backgrounds or ones wanting to fit in with the fellas, knowing damn well, their boys would drop them in a hot second if they found out one of their crew was gay and liked men, that's what it seemed like to me in high school in the late 90s and early 00s, where reputation and social status among peers was extremely important.  

• Like 2

Is he saying that he's ****ual because he's abstinent, or that being ****ual is good for him because he choose abstinence. If the former, he's got a little bit more figuring himself out to do cause....that's not QUITE how that works. But regardless, I think it's really brave of him to share his journey with his fans like that. 

At first I was wondering why he had the need to come out as as/exual or clarify his status but then he mentioned his religion so it was more complex than I originally thought, and I actually feel represented because I have a similar struggle myself, and I'm not understood either.

Each one of us is basically a unity of body, mind, and spirit, and we need to learn to take care of all three.

I just would like to mention that being as/xual has nothing to do (or shouldn't) with vowing to marry being a virgin. Even though it involves your body, the latter is a spiritual commitment, whereas being as/xual may have many different causes, which I'm not completely sure about. Maybe he's just reacting to an overly se/xualized society which makes him uncomfortable, or he's suppressing inner stuff, or he's just still figuring himself out. All are valid.

I just think this is brave of him, because the LGBTQ community is SAVAGE when it comes to Christianity.

i'm watching a spanish show from the mid to late 00's 'Física o Química', and yesterday one teacher (virgin or heavily implied to be virgin) reads an article that talks about ***ual anorexia and now this... the universe is screaming at me to finally get my guts rearranged ASAP :imok_goo_ooze_yellow_slime_mess_blonde::overwhelm_beyonce_ashamed_lol_embarrassed_telling_talking::kidcries_crying_sad_tearing_up_sobbing:

12 hours ago, Doja Kitten said:

I, too feel asëxual when I look at him :wtf_britney_what_confused_um:

:gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Tbh I've always secretly hated him because he reminds me of someone that I knew in high school who gave me major closeted ghey vibes, and who rejected my advances at every turn. But at least David coming out now gives me hope that my old crush might out himself too and give me the D. :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas:

• Haha 2
11 hours ago, Stefani said:

:gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

Tbh I've always secretly hated him because he reminds me of someone that I knew in high school who gave me major closeted ghey vibes, and who rejected my advances at every turn. But at least David coming out now gives me hope that my old crush might out himself too and give me the D. :rihclap_rihanna_clapping_applause_yes_yas:

I used to find him cute but I’ve outgrown these pretty boys not mention he looks swollen now. Internalized homophobia is really a turn off too:sobbing_unbelievable_wow_head_shake_no_crying_sobbing_sad:

On 6/14/2021 at 9:53 AM, bitbitboi said:

At first I was wondering why he had the need to come out as as/exual or clarify his status but then he mentioned his religion so it was more complex than I originally thought, and I actually feel represented because I have a similar struggle myself, and I'm not understood either.

Each one of us is basically a unity of body, mind, and spirit, and we need to learn to take care of all three.

I just would like to mention that being as/xual has nothing to do (or shouldn't) with vowing to marry being a virgin. Even though it involves your body, the latter is a spiritual commitment, whereas being as/xual may have many different causes, which I'm not completely sure about. Maybe he's just reacting to an overly se/xualized society which makes him uncomfortable, or he's suppressing inner stuff, or he's just still figuring himself out. All are valid.

I just think this is brave of him, because the LGBTQ community is SAVAGE when it comes to Christianity.

THIS :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas: