Maroon 5 thirsts after a Dua Lipa collaboration

What else is new? Since their prime years, they’ve relied on endless collaborations with female pop & rap singers to stay relevant and charting. Without these women they so obviously exploit, they’d be a has-been band. I mean their recipe for collaborations do work out in that they deliver bops. But Dua doesn’t need a washed up band using her to stay relevant and get another chart topper. They need her. I’m not here for it. Sorry. :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no:

I know it's been said enough... but maaaan they are so boring since 2012. There have been some high points here and there but overall, they just chase trends.... wait, HE just chases trends and the other members must be having a well-rested life and really get to work when they go on tour... because I don't think they even have studio time when making the albums. 

Just right now I'm listening to their new album... most of it sounds like fillers... even the singles :receipts2_britney_um_browsing_browse:

As for the Dua collab, I'd listen... but I'd rather her collaborate with someone more interesting.

Do we need to remind people that this is the only way Adam Levine can stay relevant, no shade but I believe several YouTube bloggers said they thought this band and Adam was cancelled after that disaster called the super bowl halftime show, where Adam knew it sucked so he knew taking off his shirt was really the only way to keep the people glued on tv. 

21 hours ago, bas che said:

It’s not a good look on Maroon 5. They just released their new album Jordi and it makes it look like they don’t respect their own music by saying things like “I wish we worked with Dua Lipa”. 

You mean Adam, at this point it's really Adam levine, he's been the front man so long, the fact is I'm pretty sure everybody knows his mouth got him trouble with actual rock bands like Corey Taylor from slipknot even said, this bubblegum pop rocker think he's rock, there's nothing scary about a vanilla white boy, he has never been accused of being demonic, just a s** symbol which he isn't at all. 

6 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

You mean Adam, at this point it's really Adam levine, he's been the front man so long, the fact is I'm pretty sure everybody knows his mouth got him trouble with actual rock bands like Corey Taylor from slipknot even said, this bubblegum pop rocker think he's rock, there's nothing scary about a vanilla white boy, he has never been accused of being demonic, just a s** symbol which he isn't at all. 

I loved Songs about Jane and their sophomore album it won’t be soon before long. Both were rock but then they started branching out to finally arrive at their current sound which is pop. I get why other rock bands would feel envious towards them. Afterall, regardless of their music genre, they are one of the most successful bands of all time and have spanned three decades which is a huge feat, otherwise they would not have been selected to headline the Super Bowl. Maroon 5 became synonymous with Mainstream Pop. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block