Alanis Morissette recorded a Britney Spears reject

I don't know if this is already known but i'm still making a topic about it.

According to BMI, the singer Alanis Morissette recorded a song titled "Lover Boy", written by Myah Marie, Paul Geissinger, Jonathan Asher and Guy Sigsworth. Some months ago, Myah started selling a demo of a song called "Lover Boy" produced by Sigsworth on her Patreon. She claims the demo was sent to Britney Spears (team) during the sessions of her album "Britney Jean", but it was either rejected or "recorded" but did not made into the final tracklist. It seems that the song was later sold to Morissette, which recorded it but it still remains unreleased for now. Opinions about this?

unknown.pngalanis.jpg.5d98994cff9b5488152baf215e5dcc8c.jpg

• Like 2

If this is true, I would be HIGHLY amazed. Alanis has been writing her own songs since she was 12. She has been producing her own music since she was 21. If she accepted a song from them, it would be like 95% redone I'm sure, including most, if not all, of the composition/writing. Only songs Alanis sings that aren't hers are covers, CLASSIC covers. Crazy, King of Pain, Fake Plastic Trees, My Humps (lol). Alanis is too talented for Myah. So, Bye-ah. 

3 hours ago, jordeezy said:

Alanis needs to release a new album but with less lyrics than her recent songs have; she uses way too many adjectives in her songs. 

Have you heard her new album? 

The only songs on it I really listen to from it are 'ablaze' and 'reasons I drink' 

22 hours ago, jordeezy said:

Yeah. Her music is too wordy to the point that it impedes melody. IDK. I don't enjoy listening to it. 

Well given what she went through post partum depression. 

Plus from the look of it, she wrote the lyrics all be herself. Cos like she said, if you have to have co writers all you a songwriter if you have to have help. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, jordeezy said:

Yeah. Her music is too wordy to the point that it impedes melody. IDK. I don't enjoy listening to it. 

The thing is, she’s been doing this since Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie. It kind of fit back then? And the countless lyrics worked with Hands Clean in 2002

But something really stopped working after this time. She started fitting way too many lyrics and it’s really noticeable in the latest record and the Havoc and Bright Lights album (which I find awkward tbh, but that’s her Britney Jean “I’m a mom” album)

we- I get dizzy listening to this because of how many lyrics are packed in a 4 min song.

It’s good to see her back though 

3 hours ago, Rik said:

The thing is, she’s been doing this since Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie. It kind of fit back then? And the countless lyrics worked with Hands Clean in 2002

But something really stopped working after this time. She started fitting way too many lyrics and it’s really noticeable in the latest record and the Havoc and Bright Lights album (which I find awkward tbh, but that’s her Britney Jean “I’m a mom” album)

we- I get dizzy listening to this because of how many lyrics are packed in a 4 min song.

It’s good to see her back though 

I noticed that it started with the Flavours of Entanglement album. IDK..I don't mind it in a few songs but it seems ALL of her newest material is like that. I know it's an artistic decision but it's one that I just don't like. 

3 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Well given what she went through post partum depression. 

Plus from the look of it, she wrote the lyrics all be herself. Cos like she said, if you have to have co writers all you a songwriter if you have to have help. 

Alanis is very talented and very intelligent but I need her to be a little more "basic" like her Jagged days. 

41 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Alanis is very talented and very intelligent but I need her to be a little more "basic" like her Jagged days. 

That’s the album I’m least familiar with but I assumed the lyrics thing probably started before Havoc and AFTER Under Rug Swept (I think that’s what it was called).

You must be right because even with infatuation junkie and rug, she was still able to make songs that didn’t distract from the melody 

this song in particular kind of signifies a slight shift for me though 

https://youtu.be/oaZrgMukFBI

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I don't think that will ever happen. she was 19 or 20. Asking someone to go basic and take step backwards artistically is like a slap in the face, especially when that person is pushing 50 in a couple of years. 

• Like 2