Kylie Minogue covers Lady Gaga's "Marry The Night"

Kylie is fantastic, a PRO, and super gay, so she can almost do no wrong... This truly is a cover, a tribute, a celebration, even a completely new version. She made it her own. What a great artist she is!!

BUT I have to admit that I'm sliiiiiiightly worried about her vocals... Are they that processed because of this mix in particular, right? Because if this is the beginning of her late Madonna / Lil Kim phrase in which she sounds like a cracking robot I'm gonna go curl in a corner. It seems to get more organic as the song progresses so I guess it was more intense only at the beginning? I don't understand. Though Gaga's vocals in the original also sound different, like it has this weird... "stadium" layer to it, don't you guys think? As if the song was always meant to be this anthem with metal sounds? Am I hallucinating here? :nervousney_thinking_britney_looking_up_hands_face_clasp_ftr_for_the_record:

Also, that "Watch me... walk like... Gaga" at the end is genius. Only Kylie elevates a song with little things like that here and there. A LIVING POP ICON.

PS: Now I really want this anniversary edition!! Before, with that H-O-R-R-E-N-D-O-U-S "Judas" cover... omg I couldn't care less.

4 hours ago, Ofcoursenot said:

I kinda don't like it :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad: Her voice is not that strong like Gaga, so…

But I would give it a try again

:byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette:

But the charm with Kylie is, she makes covers her own..

Does she have the voice of Judy Garland?

Hell no, but YouTube her Showgirl Homecoming live of somewhere over the rainbow, and she delivers and makes it her own..

Plus She can hit a very unusual rare note live without straining her voice everytime she performs Your disco needs you. 

There's a huge difference Kylie can still perform her vocal demanding songs live..

Madonna hasn't been able to perform Ray of light, Rescue Me and a few others, cos she was 37 when she went through proper classical training and discovered a whole new range and octave, but sadly because it was later in life, that would eventually make it difficult after a while to do her demanding songs live. 

It was evident when she performed Ray of light in 2017 at a fundraiser for Leonardo DiCaprio's global climate foundation. 

She hit a wrong note twice, so she can't do that song live especially the ending when it demands it to hit longer notes. 

Born This Way The Tenth Anniversary – Disc 2:
15.    "Marry the Night" (by Kylie Minogue) > GOLD(en)
16.    "Judas" (by Big Freedia) > A MESS.
17.    "Highway Unicorn (Road to Love)" (by artist to be announced)
18.    "You and I" (by artist to be announced) > This needs to be a collaboration... With Elton John would be amazing. But I know that this is reserved to other artists only.
19.    "The Edge of Glory" (by artist to be announced)
20.    "Born This Way (The Country Road Version)" (by Orville Peck) > I LOVE HIS VOICE!

4 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Not this being the cause of the most excited I’ve ever seen you on this forum :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

It's only because the covers of BTW and Judas sucked, so in comparison this is amazing lol

Also the whole fact of Kylie Minogue singing a Gaga song. However I do feel it's missing a bit of a punch or something in the instrumental, it sounds kind of weak, but I generally like Kylie's voice so it's good

On 6/11/2021 at 4:49 AM, Ofcoursenot said:

I kinda don't like it :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad: Her voice is not that strong like Gaga, so…

But I would give it a try again

:byesmoke_tiffany_miss_ms_ny_new_york_sitting_smoking_cigarette:

I agree. It’s not bad, but it loses a lot of “punch.” I think if it was turned into a Gaga/Kylie duet it would work better. Maybe someone will make that mix. I like kylies ending though. 

On 6/11/2021 at 9:11 AM, bitbitboi said:

Born This Way The Tenth Anniversary – Disc 2:
15.    "Marry the Night" (by Kylie Minogue) > GOLD(en)
16.    "Judas" (by Big Freedia) > A MESS.
17.    "Highway Unicorn (Road to Love)" (by artist to be announced)
18.    "You and I" (by artist to be announced) > This needs to be a collaboration... With Elton John would be amazing. But I know that this is reserved to other artists only.
19.    "The Edge of Glory" (by artist to be announced)
20.    "Born This Way (The Country Road Version)" (by Orville Peck) > I LOVE HIS VOICE!

You and I would be perfect for Adam Lambert given the tracks Connection with queen through the guitarist Brian may and the we will rock you sample. 

Edge of Glory would be perfect for Madonna (she is rumored to be part of this project, both buried the hatchet, but the fans are another story).

Highway Unicorn would be perfect for Cher, after all it's no secret Gaga wrote a song for Cher but Redone took it back, and she went with P!NK who gave Cher I walk alone and Lie to Me for 2013's Closer to the truth. 

On 6/11/2021 at 4:17 PM, ToxicWomanizer1996 said:

I love Kylie Minogue so much and this is the superior version of the song and I love the Kylie twist on the beat it sounded like it could of been on the Aphrodite album which makes sense because born this way and Aphrodite both came out in 2011 🧐

I blast Aphrodite so many times 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block