Jump to content

New 2021 Fantasy Pride Edition available in Brazil


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not them still using pics from the Vegas photoshoots 

My friend just sent me a picture of the 2021 Fantasy Pride Edition being sold in a store in Brazil:  

didn’t this product support Mercy Ministries in Nashville indirectly, a church which allegedly converts gay kids? And yes, the Australian Mercy Multiplied church alleged that abuses took place in Nash

10 hours ago, Rik said:

I was going to ask about this. Why did the original formula change, and when? It used to be kind of like Fenty level of quality right? Now it’s very drug store I’m assuming (I’ve only ever used circus fantasy)

and the bottle itself has changed too right? 

it has to do with where it's sold, it used to be sold at expensive department stores like Macy's for $60+ and over time it trickled down until it was available at drugstores like Walmart and Walgreens and discount stores like Ross and TJMaxx for $15-20. Cheaper selling price means the perfume has to be cheapr to make

  • Like 3
Link to post
10 hours ago, Rik said:

I was going to ask about this. Why did the original formula change, and when? It used to be kind of like Fenty level of quality right? Now it’s very drug store I’m assuming (I’ve only ever used circus fantasy)

and the bottle itself has changed too right? 

well Revlon bought out EA and fragrances get reformulated all the time for many reasons but the number one reason is just to cut cost. Not her team or Britney's fault, it's usually what happens to a fragrance, Chanel reformulates their famous perfume No. 5 so many times. It's a shame  :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

  • Love 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
18 minutes ago, Puppy said:

well Revlon bought out EA and fragrances get reformulated all the time for many reasons but the number one reason is just to cut cost. Not her team or Britney's fault, it's usually what happens to a fragrance, Chanel reformulates their famous perfume No. 5 so many times. It's a shame  :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Ugh this is understandable I guess but also disappointing

FYI I found this! 

When Britney Spears' Fantasy perfume was released back in 2005, I was over the moon in love with it. It was **** with its notes of jasmine and white chocolate, yet sophisticated with orris root and woods. Most of all, it was playful with its creamy, scrumptious note of cupcake.

To me, at the time, Fantasy was such a provocative yet sophisticated gourmand. Its cupcake note was out of this world delicious, yet also unique at the same time. It was not a generic cupcake note that could be found in, say, a candle. No, this was a note that was meant to attract and create a sense of hunger.

Yet, when I went to a perfume counter recently to smell Britney's Fantasy perfume, it was markedly different.

Why? What happened? 

  


 

The original formula for Fantasy perfume came in a slightly different bottle. Look at the necks for both. The original neck had Swarovski crystals around it, while the current one version does not. That's the first step to identifying which version you are smelling. 

What happened was: the glue that was used to hold the Swarovski crystals on the neck of the original bottle could not withstand heat very well. Thus, many consumers complained that the crystals on their bottles simply fell or melted off when the weather was warm. Why did the crystals on the actual bottle adhere to it just fine, but could not remain on the neck? This was because of the difference in materials used. The bottle is made of glass, so the type of glue used could stay on it better than it did on the neck, which I can only guess is made out of "mystery metal" (a term I use to describe metallic materials of unknown origins).

In 2009, the team that was in charge of Britney Spears' perfume line decided to improve the situation by removing the crystals from neck. However, they also changed the formula around this time.

What are the differences in the formulas?

First, let's be clear that the formula listed in the advertisements, then and now, is still the same, which I feel is very misleading. However, it's the amount of each individual ingredient that has changed.

Top notes: Red Lychee; Golden Quince; Kiwi; Cupcake Accord
Middle notes: Jasmine Petals; White Chocolate; Orchid
Base notes: Musk; Orris Root; Sensual Woods

 

How are the two versions different from one another?

In the original version of Britney Spears' Fantasy, the cupcake note was more prominent. It was creamy, lush, and delicious. In fact, the cupcake note was what made the perfume so unique. 

Yet, in the current formula, the cupcake note is nearly non-existent, although it is still there. I can still smell it, but not as the bold, full-bodied note that it once was. Instead, the kiwi note is more prominent, making this perfume smell more tart-y, instead of sweet; more fruity and less gourmand. Of course, this could be because I am used to how the original smelled; perhaps to someone who has not smelled the original Fantasy, the cupcake note in the newer version is still noticeable to them.

So, which version is better?

That's up to you to decide, of course! :-) However, I would say that I prefer the original formula, simply because it was the one that I fell in love with.

Can the original formula be found?

Yes, the original formula can still be found at perfume discounters and on Ebay, but you will need to check the neck of the bottle to be sure. As far as freshness is concerned, I have smelled older bottles of Fantasy, and they were still fresh, due to the fact that most of the ingredients used are synthetics, so they don't really change with age.

Or, if you don't mind spending a bit more money, you may purchase a bottle of Britney Spears Fantasy: Stage Edition perfume, which is a re-release of the 2005 formula.


 

credits go to - http://www.chicandalluring.com/2014/06/ … ginal.html

 


https://www.fragrantica.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=100810

  • Love 2
Link to post
1 hour ago, Rik said:

Ugh this is understandable I guess but also disappointing

FYI I found this! 

When Britney Spears' Fantasy perfume was released back in 2005, I was over the moon in love with it. It was **** with its notes of jasmine and white chocolate, yet sophisticated with orris root and woods. Most of all, it was playful with its creamy, scrumptious note of cupcake.

To me, at the time, Fantasy was such a provocative yet sophisticated gourmand. Its cupcake note was out of this world delicious, yet also unique at the same time. It was not a generic cupcake note that could be found in, say, a candle. No, this was a note that was meant to attract and create a sense of hunger.

Yet, when I went to a perfume counter recently to smell Britney's Fantasy perfume, it was markedly different.

Why? What happened? 

  


 

The original formula for Fantasy perfume came in a slightly different bottle. Look at the necks for both. The original neck had Swarovski crystals around it, while the current one version does not. That's the first step to identifying which version you are smelling. 

What happened was: the glue that was used to hold the Swarovski crystals on the neck of the original bottle could not withstand heat very well. Thus, many consumers complained that the crystals on their bottles simply fell or melted off when the weather was warm. Why did the crystals on the actual bottle adhere to it just fine, but could not remain on the neck? This was because of the difference in materials used. The bottle is made of glass, so the type of glue used could stay on it better than it did on the neck, which I can only guess is made out of "mystery metal" (a term I use to describe metallic materials of unknown origins).

In 2009, the team that was in charge of Britney Spears' perfume line decided to improve the situation by removing the crystals from neck. However, they also changed the formula around this time.

What are the differences in the formulas?

First, let's be clear that the formula listed in the advertisements, then and now, is still the same, which I feel is very misleading. However, it's the amount of each individual ingredient that has changed.

Top notes: Red Lychee; Golden Quince; Kiwi; Cupcake Accord
Middle notes: Jasmine Petals; White Chocolate; Orchid
Base notes: Musk; Orris Root; Sensual Woods

 

How are the two versions different from one another?

In the original version of Britney Spears' Fantasy, the cupcake note was more prominent. It was creamy, lush, and delicious. In fact, the cupcake note was what made the perfume so unique. 

Yet, in the current formula, the cupcake note is nearly non-existent, although it is still there. I can still smell it, but not as the bold, full-bodied note that it once was. Instead, the kiwi note is more prominent, making this perfume smell more tart-y, instead of sweet; more fruity and less gourmand. Of course, this could be because I am used to how the original smelled; perhaps to someone who has not smelled the original Fantasy, the cupcake note in the newer version is still noticeable to them.

So, which version is better?

That's up to you to decide, of course! :-) However, I would say that I prefer the original formula, simply because it was the one that I fell in love with.

Can the original formula be found?

Yes, the original formula can still be found at perfume discounters and on Ebay, but you will need to check the neck of the bottle to be sure. As far as freshness is concerned, I have smelled older bottles of Fantasy, and they were still fresh, due to the fact that most of the ingredients used are synthetics, so they don't really change with age.

Or, if you don't mind spending a bit more money, you may purchase a bottle of Britney Spears Fantasy: Stage Edition perfume, which is a re-release of the 2005 formula.


 

credits go to - http://www.chicandalluring.com/2014/06/ … ginal.html

 


https://www.fragrantica.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=100810

yeah like sometimes it's not even about money, maybe certain oils or ingredients are not available no more and they are forced to reformulate either because they have no supply of that specific note or they switched suppliers, many reasons.

I mean she initially signed to Coty first and actually launched Curious through Coty, then she took it over to Elizabeth Arden and there was subtle changes in packaging with that like didn't the heart charms had rhinestone chain initially? 

She should just do the Kim route and just solely own her own beauty brand to have fully control over her perfumes, maybe then she can finally come out with a real mens fragrance :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Link to post
15 hours ago, Midnight said:

Do you gays actually wear fantasy? 

I’m out of Drag like 95% of the time. So even when I’m just another gay guy yes, and I have for years 😁 I honestly wear any of her fragrances that I can get my hands on. Right now I have Fantasy, Midnight Fantasy, Circus Fantasy, Curious, Radiance, Cosmic Radiance, and Believe. The thing I love about scents is that they really can smell different on different people, and I just love the way that all her perfumes smell so good 😊 

 

  • Love 1
  • Like 2
Link to post
  • Community Curators
2 hours ago, DougFrmBrazil said:

In Brazil? They don’t have money.

Really? How much would this perfume cost in Brasil? Here in the US this perfume can be found (depending on were you go) from 12-20 dollars :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

By the way I love Brasil I hope tp pick up my Portguese classes real soon.

<<<Magic Begins at Midnight>>> 

Link to post
15 minutes ago, Malibu.D.Luxx said:

I’m out of Drag like 95% of the time. So even when I’m just another gay guy yes, and I have for years 😁 I honestly wear any of her fragrances that I can get my hands on. Right now I have Fantasy, Midnight Fantasy, Circus Fantasy, Curious, Radiance, Cosmic Radiance, and Believe. The thing I love about scents is that they really can smell different on different people, and I just love the way that all her perfumes smell so good 😊 

 

You are so cool! personally I wanna smell the original fantasy and curious perfumes one day

https://youtu.be/Ao_K22EQYOA

 

  • Love 1
Link to post
  • Community Curators
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Malibu.D.Luxx said:

I’m out of Drag like 95% of the time. So even when I’m just another gay guy yes, and I have for years 😁 I honestly wear any of her fragrances that I can get my hands on. Right now I have Fantasy, Midnight Fantasy, Circus Fantasy, Curious, Radiance, Cosmic Radiance, and Believe. The thing I love about scents is that they really can smell different on different people, and I just love the way that all her perfumes smell so good 😊 

 

Don't forget to try Prerogative it smells amazing :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Edited by Midnight
  • Love 2

<<<Magic Begins at Midnight>>> 

Link to post

They make new Pride editions of Fantasy every year :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: why can’t they go for Midnight Fantasy, Prerogative, or Believe for once? Like, Britney has tons of fragrances, not only Fantasy :nyschool_new_york_miss_tiffany_pollard_preaching_telling_talking_hand:

Midnight Fantasy is wayyyyy more popular here in my country for some reasons.

Also yes, can’t believe they’re still using that Vegas pic when we have Glory 2020’s photos :gunriah_mariah_carey: 

Link to post
29 minutes ago, Rik said:

You are so cool! personally I wanna smell the original fantasy and curious perfumes one day

https://youtu.be/Ao_K22EQYOA

 

Aww you’re too sweet 🥰 I’m sure you will get the chance to smell them and you will fall in love.

30 minutes ago, Midnight said:

Don't forget to try Prerogative it smells amazing :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

Omg it does!! I have the body lotion (from an Xmas set 😂) it’s all I have left of the set but I use my roommates bottle all the time 😅

  • Love 1
Link to post

I do love Prerogative. I just didn't think Fantasy was very 'uni***'. But I do love sweet scents.

I just find the Britney scents don't last very long? I need a 'turn heads when you walk in the room' type. Ha!

So I usually do a first layer of Prerogative for sweetness- then a few sprays of Millionaire as a top layer ha!:ari_arianna_pink_bad_hair_flip_cocky_flirt:

Link to post
11 hours ago, Puppy said:

yeah like sometimes it's not even about money, maybe certain oils or ingredients are not available no more and they are forced to reformulate either because they have no supply of that specific note or they switched suppliers, many reasons.

I mean she initially signed to Coty first and actually launched Curious through Coty, then she took it over to Elizabeth Arden and there was subtle changes in packaging with that like didn't the heart charms had rhinestone chain initially? 

She should just do the Kim route and just solely own her own beauty brand to have fully control over her perfumes, maybe then she can finally come out with a real mens fragrance :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Do you know if there’s an original fantasy out there? With the original formula 

Link to post

A perfume question

 

Guys pls tell me is the Prerogative Ego same as the original prerogative? I hated the original and I dont wanna give them 30 euros for the same ****

I know Rave isnt. It's more summery but what about Ego?

Link to post
6 hours ago, Rik said:

Do you know if there’s an original fantasy out there? With the original formula 

eBay? 
 

this guy is like a Britney perfume expert as he has her entire collection, he goes in depth with Curious and the differences, the only thing I know that tells you it’s the original fantasy is the gemstones are green. 
 

 

  • Love 1
Link to post

I DON’T care about any music or performance.

I WON’T support anything related to work until she has BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS.

 

FREE BRITNEY SPEARS!!!

END THE CONSERVATORSHIP ABUSE!

JAIL FOR JAMIE, LOU M. TAYLOR AND EVERYONE ELSE INVOLVED IN THIS DISGUSTING AND ABUSIVE SITUATION!

  • Love 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Twitter Team
22 hours ago, Rik said:

Ugh this is understandable I guess but also disappointing

FYI I found this! 

When Britney Spears' Fantasy perfume was released back in 2005, I was over the moon in love with it. It was **** with its notes of jasmine and white chocolate, yet sophisticated with orris root and woods. Most of all, it was playful with its creamy, scrumptious note of cupcake.

To me, at the time, Fantasy was such a provocative yet sophisticated gourmand. Its cupcake note was out of this world delicious, yet also unique at the same time. It was not a generic cupcake note that could be found in, say, a candle. No, this was a note that was meant to attract and create a sense of hunger.

Yet, when I went to a perfume counter recently to smell Britney's Fantasy perfume, it was markedly different.

Why? What happened? 

  


 

The original formula for Fantasy perfume came in a slightly different bottle. Look at the necks for both. The original neck had Swarovski crystals around it, while the current one version does not. That's the first step to identifying which version you are smelling. 

What happened was: the glue that was used to hold the Swarovski crystals on the neck of the original bottle could not withstand heat very well. Thus, many consumers complained that the crystals on their bottles simply fell or melted off when the weather was warm. Why did the crystals on the actual bottle adhere to it just fine, but could not remain on the neck? This was because of the difference in materials used. The bottle is made of glass, so the type of glue used could stay on it better than it did on the neck, which I can only guess is made out of "mystery metal" (a term I use to describe metallic materials of unknown origins).

In 2009, the team that was in charge of Britney Spears' perfume line decided to improve the situation by removing the crystals from neck. However, they also changed the formula around this time.

What are the differences in the formulas?

First, let's be clear that the formula listed in the advertisements, then and now, is still the same, which I feel is very misleading. However, it's the amount of each individual ingredient that has changed.

Top notes: Red Lychee; Golden Quince; Kiwi; Cupcake Accord
Middle notes: Jasmine Petals; White Chocolate; Orchid
Base notes: Musk; Orris Root; Sensual Woods

 

How are the two versions different from one another?

In the original version of Britney Spears' Fantasy, the cupcake note was more prominent. It was creamy, lush, and delicious. In fact, the cupcake note was what made the perfume so unique. 

Yet, in the current formula, the cupcake note is nearly non-existent, although it is still there. I can still smell it, but not as the bold, full-bodied note that it once was. Instead, the kiwi note is more prominent, making this perfume smell more tart-y, instead of sweet; more fruity and less gourmand. Of course, this could be because I am used to how the original smelled; perhaps to someone who has not smelled the original Fantasy, the cupcake note in the newer version is still noticeable to them.

So, which version is better?

That's up to you to decide, of course! :-) However, I would say that I prefer the original formula, simply because it was the one that I fell in love with.

Can the original formula be found?

Yes, the original formula can still be found at perfume discounters and on Ebay, but you will need to check the neck of the bottle to be sure. As far as freshness is concerned, I have smelled older bottles of Fantasy, and they were still fresh, due to the fact that most of the ingredients used are synthetics, so they don't really change with age.

Or, if you don't mind spending a bit more money, you may purchase a bottle of Britney Spears Fantasy: Stage Edition perfume, which is a re-release of the 2005 formula.


 

credits go to - http://www.chicandalluring.com/2014/06/ … ginal.html

 


https://www.fragrantica.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=100810

The original formula sounds amazing! Unfortunately I only remember buying Fantasy for the first time after 2009. I still love it though.

  • Love 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block