Jump to content

K-Pop Sensation “Twice” Performs on The Ellen Show


Recommended Posts

Twice.thumb.JPG.94e5109d4fcb27bb12fec0d02499a533.JPGThe all girl K-Pop group Twice released their new single ‘Alcohol Free’. It’s off of their new album Taste of Love. They released the music video and also performed it live on the Ellen Show. 

 

 

Thoughts? I personally love these girls, and they always release bop after bop, but it’s a pass for me. 

Edited by Midnight
Forgot links
  • Love 4
Link to post
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The all girl K-Pop group Twice released their new single ‘Alcohol Free’. It’s off of their new album Taste of Love. They released the music video and also performed it live on the Ellen Show. 

#6 debut on the albums chart. @rodrigobjs, @BUWYGF, @carlosallauca, @Sea flower, @Roxxy, @AndyFoster, @Mexwero. I never expected them to do this well internationally. Western labels aren't the be

I adore them so much... I knew I would love this song based on the teasers, but I didn't know I would love it this much. It's already my 3rd favorite TWICE title track after Feel Special and I Can't S

Posted Images

I adore them so much... I knew I would love this song based on the teasers, but I didn't know I would love it this much. It's already my 3rd favorite TWICE title track after Feel Special and I Can't Stop Me:dead_falling_wig_dying: It's not as high-energy as the typical TWICE title, but it's a masterpiece both melodically and instrumentally. The lyrics are really cute too. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: I can't wait for the album to come out tomorrow. People don't give TWICE enough credit for their amazing discography. People always say Red Velvet are the b-side queens, which is true, but IMO, TWICE have an even better discography. I love about 85% of their songs. :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas: Also, I'm so excited for their 3rd Japanese studio album. It's coming out towards the end of July. I overplayed the crap out of &TWICE because of how good it was, and I just know Perfect World is gonna be just as good based on the masterpieces that are Better, Scorpion, and Kura Kura:queenie_falling_dying_dead:

It's a shame @Roxxy ain't here. I turned her into a ONCE, and these days a TWICE comeback without her just isn't the same. I hope she's living for Alcohol-Free as much as I am, though. :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

  • Love 2
Link to post

Shame they were lipping to pre-recorded vocals, though. Since this was the first performance of the era, I still watched it, but I usually don't when it comes to lipped performances. Since the choreo of this song is not that intense compared to their past 4 or 5 titles, I hope we get a lot of stages with live vocals. We probably won't, though, because the hate they got during the More & More and I Can't Stop Me eras seems to have wrecked their confidence. :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad: Speaking of vocals, I'm so proud of Sana. People used to **** on her for her vocals, but now she's the most stable member after the 3 main vocalists, and she keeps getting a lot of lines as well. I love to see growth. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: Have you listened to Scorpion?

This is probably edited, but listen to the lines they gave Sana - someone who people used to crap on for their vocals. Those are lines a main vocalist would sing, IMO. :gaga_shocked_stare_lady_dead_white_what_surprised:

  • Love 1
Link to post
44 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

That song is awful.

The choreography blows my mind though, I don't understand how they can learn and perform such a thing, it's ever-changing and it does.not.stop.

While it fits the song, this is one of their simpler choreos. Their other more recent ones are even more interesting:

The songs being bangers helps too. Either way, that's K-Pop for you, and having this many members makes for gorgeous formations, drawings, and transitions. :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

  • Love 1
Link to post
35 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

While it fits the song, this is one of their simpler choreos. Their other more recent ones are even more interesting:

The songs being bangers helps too. Either way, that's K-Pop for you, and having this many members makes for gorgeous formations, drawings, and transitions. :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

you should share the Kelly Clarkson performance, that one is amazing.

  • Like 1
Link to post
5 minutes ago, carlosallauca said:

you should share the Kelly Clarkson performance, that one is amazing.

I rewatched it, and while it's mesmerizingly beautiful, it doesn't showcase the choreo that well, so I went for the dance practice instead.

Link to post
44 minutes ago, Sea flower said:

The performance is ok but i don't like the song, they have better songs than this one :/

No biggie - the album is coming out tomorrow, and I'm certain it will have something for you. Moreover, all the b-sides were self-written by the members. :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

  • Love 1
Link to post

We got live vocals:

:canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears:

I'm very proud of Chaeyoung for finally projecting her voice - you can actually hear her. Nayeon and Jihyo seemed to be having some issues with timing, but they're consistent as always. Tzuyu, Momo, and Sana surprised me the most. They all sound good, especially Sana. I'm telling you, she's lead vocalist material these days. Besides the main vocalists, she's the most stable member. :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

  • Love 2
Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

#6 debut on the albums chart. :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

@rodrigobjs, @BUWYGF, @carlosallauca, @Sea flower, @Roxxy, @AndyFoster, @Mexwero. I never expected them to do this well internationally. Western labels aren't the best when it comes to managing K-Pop groups and their Western activities; in fact, Republic Records kinda screwed them over last comeback. However, they knocked it out of the park with the promotions for Taste of Love, and it's clearly paid off. :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

Alcohol-Free is doing really well on Korean charts too. It finally managed to crack the top 10 today, and it's been very stable on the charts. Since Feel Special (this one was huge in Japan, though), More & More, and I Can't Stop Me didn't do as well as their previous titles, I'm really happy to see Alcohol-Free being successful. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: I don't see them climbing higher because they're behind some really big hits by BTS, aespa, STAYC, Brave Girls, OH MY GIRL, and IU, but it will definitely have a very stable and consistent run on the charts. :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

  • Love 4
Link to post
5 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Queen Jade from Little Mix:

Jihyo, the member who wrote the Korean lyrics of First Time, said she really liked how some of the English lyrics sounded so she kept them in. :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree: So nice of Jade to make a post about the song too. Everyone's been praising the new EP for how good it is, and Jade is a part of it. She better stream! :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

  • Love 2
Link to post
32 minutes ago, Mexwero said:

I am coming back to say ‘Alcohol-Free’ is a grower and I totally love it now!!! Obsessed with First Time, Conversation and SOS. This was a solid album and it deserves all the success. 

My favorites are Baby Blue Love and SOS, but the whole EP is stellar (as always). :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree: Glad you're loving Alcohol-Free, though. I've seen some mixed opinions, but I've been in love since my first listen (or I guess I should say First Time instead :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:).

  • Love 1
Link to post
8 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

#6 debut on the albums chart. :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

@rodrigobjs, @BUWYGF, @carlosallauca, @Sea flower, @Roxxy, @AndyFoster, @Mexwero. I never expected them to do this well internationally. Western labels aren't the best when it comes to managing K-Pop groups and their Western activities; in fact, Republic Records kinda screwed them over last comeback. However, they knocked it out of the park with the promotions for Taste of Love, and it's clearly paid off. :nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

Alcohol-Free is doing really well on Korean charts too. It finally managed to crack the top 10 today, and it's been very stable on the charts. Since Feel Special (this one was huge in Japan, though), More & More, and I Can't Stop Me didn't do as well as their previous titles, I'm really happy to see Alcohol-Free being successful. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: I don't see them climbing higher because they're behind some really big hits by BTS, aespa, STAYC, Brave Girls, OH MY GIRL, and IU, but it will definitely have a very stable and consistent run on the charts. :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

i'm so proud of all ONCEs! next comeback is gonna be even bigger <3 the girls deserve all their success.

  • Love 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block