Dua Lipa was the UK's most-played Artist of 2020

Slayer

Dua Lipa was the most-played artist on UK radio and television last year, thanks to her hugely successful Future Nostalgia album.

Dua tops the most-played of 2020 in the annual report by music licensing company PPL, which tracks music played on television, radio and pubs and clubs.

The star's hit singles Don't Start Now and Physical rank among the ten most played songs of 2020 on UK airwaves, and she takes the overall artist top spot when plays from across her catalogue are added together. 

"Thank you so much to everyone that listened to and loved my music during 2020," she said. "I'm incredibly proud that I was the most-played artist on radio, TV and all across the UK.

"I so wanted Future Nostalgia to bring some happiness during such a difficult time.Thanks to everyone who supported it and also to PPL, who do important work in making sure artists and musicians are paid when their music is played.”

Most-played artists of 2020

1. Dua Lipa
2. Ed Sheeran
3. Ariana Grande
4. Sam Smith
5. Calvin Harris 
6. Little Mix
7. Coldplay
8. Justin Bieber
9. Maroon 5
10 The Weeknd

Source: PPL/ OCC

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block