This Day In Pop: Katy Perry Released “Witness” In 2017

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPRAH0T-eLQhn7KzXx8L7

“Witness' 4th Year Anniversary”

On June 9, 2017, Katy Perry released her fourth studio album, Witness. The record explores the themes of self-empowerment and ***ual freedom. It debuted at No.1 on Billboard Chart 200 with 180K units, sold 804K adjusted units worldwide by the end of 2017 and [now] with over 4 million units. The accompanying concert tour, Witness: The World Tour, with 115 shows that ended in 2018, grossed $124.2 million.

The album has more than 6.5 billion cumulative streams, whereas on YouTube it garnered 4.5 billion views and 1.2 billion streams on Spotify. Despite the poor reception, it became one of the fastest female albums to top the US iTunes within 10 minutes and spawned hit singles like the Top 10 debut Chained To The Rhythm, the viral Swish Swish and the controversial Bon Appétit

Thoughts and favorites?

It didn’t resonate with me as much as ‘Prism’, but there are songs I enjoyed.

’Swish Swish’ is a bit cringy at some points but overall, it’s a bop. Nicki’s verse is fire. :nicki2_minaj_awkward_nicki_ooh_welp_well_look_blonde_hat:

I also like the title track, I just wish it exploded at some point. I remember she teased it back in the day, and it sounded better there. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

’Pendulum’ is kinda nice.

’Chained to the Rhythm’ and ‘Bon Appetit’ are good, I just don’t go back to them as much. The latter’s music video, though... :gagaf_wtf_dance_green_um_random:

’Roulette’ is definitely the best song in the album. :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

49 minutes ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

This album has a special place in my heart cause I was listening to some songs from it during my teenage summer mental breakdown in 2017 :matches:

Good times & nostalgia :matches:

I've never was a fan of her tho 

@Blackout2006 you were 11 years old at that time lmaooo :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

This is kinda mutual, I was also having mental breakdown that year. :explainlol_stare_spin:

• Haha 1
58 minutes ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

This album has a special place in my heart cause I was listening to some songs from it during my teenage summer mental breakdown in 2017 :matches:

@Blackout2006 you were 11 years old at that time lmaooo :hahaha_tiffany_ny_new_york_ms_miss_cackle_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

And I still remember this era so vividly :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy: 

It really was a chaotic time to be a stan, but I guess in todays pop culture and reference, the era was truly iconic :wontcry_tears_crying_sad: It could have been massive had it not been for the wrong single choices or poor management.

2 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

And I still remember this era so vividly :makeitrain_britney_blush_headphones_omg_wow_happy: 

It really was a chaotic time to be a stan, but I guess in todays pop culture and reference, the era was truly iconic :wontcry_tears_crying_sad: It could have been massive had it not been for the wrong single choices or poor management.

So true, :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming: defending Katy during that era was really exhausting. :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad: 

• Super Mods

The day her career died

Lol JK

No but seriously this might be her worst album but there are some gems on there like 'Miss You More'.

That should've been a single imo.

I also think there should've been better singles released and maybe the album

wouldnt have flopped the way it did.

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

6 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Meanwhile I was on the right side of history, dying of asthma and listening to Reputation in the hospital as a 9 year old. :matches: :taylor_swift_evil_smile:

Spoiler

:peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Meanwhile I was on the right side of history, dying of asthma and listening to Reputation in the hospital as a 9 year old. :matches: :taylor_swift_evil_smile:

Hide contents

:peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

Sorry for what happened. I was actually stanning both of them during the Witness and Reputation era :matches: Except that I sorta had some tint of resentment towards Taylor for being one of the primary reasons for Katy's downfall :matches:

On 6/9/2021 at 1:17 PM, ALBAVEASP said:

This is kinda mutual, I was also having mental breakdown that year. :explainlol_stare_spin:

On 6/9/2021 at 12:25 PM, Look But Don't Touch said:

That makes the 3 of us, weird year :nomnom_shake_chest_boobs_dance:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block