Will the label break up with Britney or release more albums?

On 6/11/2021 at 4:50 PM, Crabo Lavender Turmeric said:

There was a poll on twitter and FB as far as I remember. Fans had to pick b/w Inside Out, Drop Dead Beautiful and Criminal. Criminal won.

Criminal, He about to lose me and Don't Keep Me Waiting were the only non-currentish / non-maintreamish tracks on the album at the time. Fans wanted to prove the world that Brit Brit was not a mainstream product with no substance and could do something different from  dance hits... different times .... fans bases fought like crazy on the internet .

Absolutely. I can't believe fans forgot about this. It was actually a small success having "Criminal" chosen as a single, for the reasons stated above. Now you all forgot? Or do you back down from your choices and opinions if suddenly a single or whatever isn't successful? We needed "Criminal" as a single, and it was, and it did what it had to do. Period. Now no one can claim Britney isn't versatile as an artist, not even fans. And you BET Britney wanted it to be a single as well, so if she herself chose it as well (she obviously had the last word), and you claim to be her fans, why can't you see why that song is special?

On 6/12/2021 at 11:37 AM, lustwecantcontrol said:

Femme Fatale was not a great album it was cookie cutter and not something a seasoned artist like Britney should put out! Her original concept for the album was much different but Jive wanted easy hits so it was overhauled into a generic forgettable album. Glory I think besides Circus is the only album she’s had much say in post conservatorship...it’s actually similar to the direction she wanted FF to go in. 

That is not true. FF is an amazing album because the production is marvelous, and it's super Britney: dance music is part of her trademark, and she delivered an album full of EDM tracks. Also, Britney herself said that when she heard and recorded "Trouble For Me", she was super inspired by it and wanted the whole album to go into that direction. She chose the sound of the album.

The same must have happened to her when she heard "Make Me...", and the direction of what was going to be called "Glory" changed as well. "Glory" as we know it now is a much more mature Britney that could only appear years later. That's why there was never an "Original Doll" or a "Pretty World" as whole finished products that were later scrapped; but as unfinished, working projects. I mean projects as in ideas being developed, but not yet fully formed.

Why do so many of you guys talk about Britney as if she were a robot controlled by her label? She's never been like that, not even back in 1998 at 17 years old. The "Framing Britney Spears" documentary already proved that if you still had doubts.

Also, I think we need to stop ranking albums from worst to best and start thinking in terms of "to what extent did the album fulfil its purpose at that time?". You can say that FF did what it had to do, yet still like "Britney" or "Oops!" or whatever best. But if you need good EDM music, pop FF and you'll have a ride from beginning to finish. Britney did that.

On 6/11/2021 at 5:04 PM, PokemonSpears said:

B8 was the last album she had pending from her previous contract. But during the FF era, between IWG and Criminal, Jive was absorbed by RCA. Thus, Criminal was released under RCA.

Britney Jean was released under RCA too, but it was carried over from her previous contract, because RCA inherited it from Jive. 

Everyone were expecting her to change labels after this, but instead they renewed her contract. 

Glory was then the first album from the new contract, but it was certainly not the first under RCA.

Thanks for that, I was getting lost...

I'm sure I'll forget this information a week from now though :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

• Twitter Team
4 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

Absolutely. I can't believe fans forgot about this. It was actually a small success having "Criminal" chosen as a single, for the reasons stated above. Now you all forgot? Or do you back down from your choices and opinions if suddenly a single or whatever isn't successful? We needed "Criminal" as a single, and it was, and it did what it had to do. Period. Now no one can claim Britney isn't versatile as an artist, not even fans. And you BET Britney wanted it to be a single as well, so if she herself chose it as well (she obviously had the last word), and you claim to be her fans, why can't you see why that song is special?

I might be wrong but I seem to remember Criminal was leading in the Facebook poll when it was announced as a single. I'm not ashamed to have voted for the song, it's one of my favourites from Femme Fatale and deserved to do better as a single.

• Like 1
On 6/9/2021 at 8:39 PM, ShatteredBoy said:

Well upon a quick search I found this interview from Britney herself where she referred to 'Pretty Girls' as "my next single from my next album". I actually never even knew about this interview which further proves what I said.

https://popcrush.com/britney-spears-pretty-girls-piece-of-me-iggy-azalea-z100-interview/

But I was specifically looking for the Iggy interview, I remember vividly not only Britney, but Iggy also said Pretty Girls was the first single from Britney's new album. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about, this was a well known fact back in 2015/2016. I don't know why but a lot of facts always become myths in this fanbase after a few years for some reason:katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

We are like the conspiracy fanbase:katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

I remember this too. Iggy and brit had a dispute (or the label did) over whose single it would be. Iggy said it’s for Britney’s new album even though she wanted it for her follow up to the New Classic. 

this was recorded for a new album. Around this time, Britney (or her teamH had also invested in Uber allegedly, which explains this:

Side-2.jpg

3 hours ago, Isla said:

I might be wrong but I seem to remember Criminal was leading in the Facebook poll when it was announced as a single. I'm not ashamed to have voted for the song, it's one of my favourites from Femme Fatale and deserved to do better as a single.

I voted for "Criminal" as well!

PS: Also, "Inside Out" is too much of a gem to share it with the world :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

On 6/13/2021 at 12:24 PM, bitbitboi said:

That is not true. FF is an amazing album because the production is marvelous, and it's super Britney: dance music is part of her trademark, and she delivered an album full of EDM tracks. Also, Britney herself said that when she heard and recorded "Trouble For Me", she was super inspired by it and wanted the whole album to go into that direction. She chose the sound of the album.

The same must have happened to her when she heard "Make Me...", and the direction of what was going to be called "Glory" changed as well. "Glory" as we know it now is a much more mature Britney that could only appear years later. That's why there was never an "Original Doll" or a "Pretty World" as whole finished products that were later scrapped; but as unfinished, working projects. I mean projects as in ideas being developed, but not yet fully formed.

Why do so many of you guys talk about Britney as if she were a robot controlled by her label? She's never been like that, not even back in 1998 at 17 years old. The "Framing Britney Spears" already proved that if you still had doubts.

Also, I think we need to stop ranking albums from worst to best and start thinking in terms of "to what extent did the album fulfil its purpose at that time?". You can say that FF did what it had to do, yet still like "Britney" or "Oops!" or whatever best. But if you need good EDM music, pop FF and you'll have a ride from beginning to finish. Britney did that.

🙄🙄🙄🙄

On 6/13/2021 at 11:51 AM, bitbitboi said:

Inside Out should of won. Criminal and I Wanna Go were not my favs lol Gasoline was my jam

On 6/9/2021 at 5:39 PM, ShatteredBoy said:

Well upon a quick search I found this interview from Britney herself where she referred to 'Pretty Girls' as "my next single from my next album". I actually never even knew about this interview which further proves what I said.

https://popcrush.com/britney-spears-pretty-girls-piece-of-me-iggy-azalea-z100-interview/

But I was specifically looking for the Iggy interview, I remember vividly not only Britney, but Iggy also said Pretty Girls was the first single from Britney's new album. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about, this was a well known fact back in 2015/2016. I don't know why but a lot of facts always become myths in this fanbase after a few years for some reason:katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

We are like the conspiracy fanbase:katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

She was talking about if they were gonna release the song or not cause iggy had been in the dark and wanted to take the song for her own album but then she heard that Britney Was in fact ready to go with her “album” so they released it, Intended for Britney’s album. Sounds very wishy washy to me. Doesn’t mean there was a complete album titled pretty world. It was probably an idea at least since they did use the pretty world wording for their performance.

On 6/9/2021 at 2:26 AM, Ramerita said:

I think the new contract said albums and under the contract she released Glory as the 1st

I dont know does the Pretty World counts but as a scrapped one.... Glory re-release shouldnt but maybe they did the release to hurry up filling the contract

So now they could make a basic remix album or a GH but people dont buy those anymore due to streaming services unless those have new content on it

I'm confused

Related:

b-albums.jpg.daf2035e8a8d231ed521abddba7f95f0.jpg

We can only hope so!  RCA SUCKS and she's better off on Interscope, Atlantic or even EPIC is better than RCA.

I remember LA Ried wanting sign Britney but I don't know if he would do a good job with her.  He didn't do the best with Janet and MJB, tho he did good with Mariah (TEOM), Usher, TLC & Toni Braxton!

I think she should fire her entire team Larry included, leave RCA and spread her wings!

TBH she should go independently and have Roc Nation manage her and that way she could do exactly what she wants too and Britney has the money and resources to do so or start her own label.

On 6/9/2021 at 8:24 PM, ShatteredBoy said:

I don't know why some uninformed fans are saying Pretty World was never a thing. It was well known back then that Britney had an album ready to go with Pretty Girls but then scrapped 90% of it after the tragic response to PG. Even Iggy confirmed some of these rumours.

even if there are enough songs and even a name, the fact that it hasn't come out for sale makes it a rough draft of the project itself (which in this case is Glory).
 Britney herself said that the process before Karen Kworb (I think that's her last name) the Glory executive came to work on the album, she said that the selection of the song had not satisfied her because it was not "original".
 So Pretty World is just a fan rumor

4 hours ago, Thecodeman25 said:

She was talking about if they were gonna release the song or not cause iggy had been in the dark and wanted to take the song for her own album but then she heard that Britney Was in fact ready to go with her “album” so they released it, Intended for Britney’s album. Sounds very wishy washy to me. Doesn’t mean there was a complete album titled pretty world. It was probably an idea at least since they did use the pretty world wording for their performance.

It wasn't just Iggy that said it. Britney also said it was the lead single of her new album so there definitely was an album which was mostly scrapped for Glory.

4 hours ago, SpearsSpearsBrit said:

even if there are enough songs and even a name, the fact that it hasn't come out for sale makes it a rough draft of the project itself (which in this case is Glory).
 Britney herself said that the process before Karen Kworb (I think that's her last name) the Glory executive came to work on the album, she said that the selection of the song had not satisfied her because it was not "original".
 So Pretty World is just a fan rumor

No, Pretty World is not just a fan rumour since Britney herself confirmed that Pretty Girls was the lead single from her new album. There was an album ready or almost ready and both Iggy and Britney confirmed this. Obviously we don't know if the album was gonna be called that, Pretty World as in the name is just an inside joke that we use since her team did use that wording.

• Twitter Team
1 hour ago, ShatteredBoy said:

It wasn't just Iggy that said it. Britney also said it was the lead single of her new album so there definitely was an album which was mostly scrapped for Glory.

No, Pretty World is not just a fan rumour since Britney herself confirmed that Pretty Girls was the lead single from her new album. There was an album ready or almost ready and both Iggy and Britney confirmed this. Obviously we don't know if the album was gonna be called that, Pretty World as in the name is just an inside joke that we use since her team did use that wording.

‘Pretty World’ evolved into Glory. Liar was recorded before Pretty Girls was (and possibly Swimming In the Stars too). They just decided not to use Pretty Girls for the album.