Will the label break up with Britney or release more albums?

I think the new contract said albums and under the contract she released Glory as the 1st

I dont know does the Pretty World counts but as a scrapped one.... Glory re-release shouldnt but maybe they did the release to hurry up filling the contract

So now they could make a basic remix album or a GH but people dont buy those anymore due to streaming services unless those have new content on it

I'm confused

Related:

b-albums.jpg.daf2035e8a8d231ed521abddba7f95f0.jpg

Lol Pretty World wasn’t a real album. The first album on the new contact was Glory. If I’m not mistaken the Oops B Side Remixes album counted as an album so if that’s the case I’m assuming Glory 2.0 did as well. There were rumors that UO wanted to do an exclusive release of B In The Mix vol 3 that would assuredly feature “new” content such as unreleased songs but there’s been no news about that

• Like 1

Re-releases don’t usually count unless a lot of new material is added, so I believe she still has two albums left on her contract and they most likely have to be studio albums. 

If the rumor is true that RCA tried to get her to do a Christmas album they must really want a release from her. So if she continues to not work I could see her maybe getting dropped or they will do a Rarities type album with unreleased and rare songs on it which would count as a new studio album if there are 8 or more previously unreleased songs on it.

• Like 1

Fans still think Pretty World was a real album huh? :gloria_falling_stairs_trip: I'm pretty sure she's still only released one album on this current contract, which is Glory. I don't think the 2020 rerelease counts but I might be wrong, although I've never seen why a rerelease would count.

• Haha 2
  • Like 2
13 minutes ago, nthenwkiss said:

where are we getting this info from? do we know about her contracts with the labels? i didn't know we knew about them.

Well we don't, but I remember it was reported in 2014 that Britney had renewed her contract with RCA (presumably for four albums?) as her previous contract (which was carried over from Jive) ended after Britney Jean was released.

• Like 2

I've been thinking the same and doing some research. I guess she is "minor" since she's under conservatorship, so in her case these laws applies to her 

A contract, otherwise valid, of a type described in Section 6750, entered into during minority, cannot be disaffirmed on that ground either during the minority of the person entering into the contract, or at any time thereafter, if the contract has been approved by the superior court in any county in which the minor resides or is employed or in which any party to the contract has its principal office in this state for the transaction of business.

Soo... I don't think she can quit if she is freed from cship. Her label may drop her since those contracts usually have a lot of exit clauses (for label) but I don't think they would just drop one of the best selling artists in the world. Even if she's not working, her music catalogue is raking millions per year :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

• Like 3
On 6/9/2021 at 1:40 PM, Isla said:

Well we don't, but I remember it was reported in 2014 that Britney had renewed her contract with RCA (presumably for four albums?) as her previous contract (which was carried over from Jive) ended after Britney Jean was released.

The drama back in the day about Britney Jean being her most personal album yet “because it was her goodbye”, allegedly :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated:

• Haha 5
5 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

I've been thinking the same and doing some research. I guess she is "minor" since she's under conservatorship, so in her case these laws applies to her 

Soo... I don't think she can quit if she is freed from cship. Her label may drop her since those contracts usually have a lot of exit clauses (for label) but I don't think they would just drop one of the best selling artists in the world. Even if she's not working, her music catalogue is raking millions per year :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

I thought her c-ship team were separate from her management team/RCA anyway? I don’t think they have that much control over the contract. 

4 minutes ago, ShatteredBoy said:

I don't know why some uninformed fans are saying Pretty World was never a thing. It was well known back then that Britney had an album ready to go with Pretty Girls but then scrapped 90% of it after the tragic response to PG. Even Iggy confirmed some of these rumours.

Receipts plz

i’m still holding out for the Justin Tranter album 

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, Arianna said:

Receipts plz

i’m still holding out for the Justin Tranter album 

Well upon a quick search I found this interview from Britney herself where she referred to 'Pretty Girls' as "my next single from my next album". I actually never even knew about this interview which further proves what I said.

https://popcrush.com/britney-spears-pretty-girls-piece-of-me-iggy-azalea-z100-interview/

But I was specifically looking for the Iggy interview, I remember vividly not only Britney, but Iggy also said Pretty Girls was the first single from Britney's new album. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about, this was a well known fact back in 2015/2016. I don't know why but a lot of facts always become myths in this fanbase after a few years for some reason:katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

We are like the conspiracy fanbase:katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, ShatteredBoy said:

Well upon a quick search I found this interview from Britney herself where she referred to 'Pretty Girls' as "my next single from my next album". I actually never even knew about this interview which further proves what I said.

https://popcrush.com/britney-spears-pretty-girls-piece-of-me-iggy-azalea-z100-interview/

But I was specifically looking for the Iggy interview, I remember vividly not only Britney, but Iggy also said Pretty Girls was the first single from Britney's new album. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about, this was a well known fact back in 2015/2016. I don't know why but a lot of facts always become myths in this fanbase after a few years for some reason:katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

We are like the conspiracy fanbase:katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

I wasn’t attacking or questioning you I was genuinely curious :watrusayin_britney_xfactor_confused_shocked_surprised_um_what:

• Like 1