Lorde returns with a music video for new song "Solar Power"

What are your thoughts?  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 6/9/2021 at 11:15 PM, Mexwero said:

She took the longest break ever!!! Billie and now Olivia Rodrigo have pretty much taken her spot. I know all can be successful at the same time because there’s room for everyone, but I still think the break could potentially be detrimental. With that being said, she better shut my mouth up and slay my entire existence. 

I don't think she wants to be a main pop girl. Otherwise, she would have put one record after the other since 2013. I think she is more into her own pace. 

Having said that, as much as I love her previous records, I kinda hate this song. I appreciate that it sounds like nothing else in the charts and that she is not trying to be like someone else, but I just didn't connect to the song.

• Like 2

The song is mellow, but that makes it so boring tbh. I was never particularly keen on Lorde even when she debuted, but damn this makes me miss 2013 back when she had an edge to her. Pure Heroine was amazing compared to her latest work (yes I'm counting Melodrama, which I thought was mediocre. Come fight me). 

8 hours ago, Rik said:

Can I be honest I’m lowkey bored of the song (it will be a grower that I will learn to enjoy) but the video is so pretty and calming 

Oooh well then. I’ve seen some people say they like it though :wontcry_tears_crying_sad: I’m not really a Lorde fan but with so much hype I was curious

The song is so good :shake_excited_pink_bounce_yay_pumped_anxious: I love the summery, calm, and peaceful vibes I get from this song. It really personifies summer :) 

14 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

@Jordan Miller, help me out! Is this what Exhale is supposed to look like:

Screen-Shot-2021-06-11-at-1-58-37-AM.png

There used to be big, rectangular thumbnails on the front page, but I haven't had them for weeks, so I just assumed that was a new layout. However, I just noticed that either you or one of the mods added a picture to my original post so as to make it the thumbnail, so I'm guessing there's just something wrong on my end, no? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

Oh don't worry, it is unfortunately the new layout for Exhale :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Haha 1

Never thought I'm gonna see Lord's ***** in my life but here we are If You Say So Shrug GIF

The song is cute but it sounds very recycled , not really fresh or new , the video is giving me colonizer vibes like , not a single woman of color can be found in the video , not for my taste....

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block