Lorde returns with a music video for new song "Solar Power"

redacted statement

What are your thoughts?  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

God, I love it so much. She is GLOWING, and I forgot how much I missed her gorgeous signature harmonies. And I love it when she lets her voice loose - that bridge was the stuff of beauty. :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad: Some people might say it's boring, but not every song needs to be a "bop". This song is a vibe, which is perfect for summer. I can't wait to overplay the crap out of this! :gobaby_cheering_yes_yas_wow_proud:

On 6/7/2021 at 6:09 PM, iAlwaysSingLive said:

If the leaks are to be trusted, I'm kind of disappointed that's only the single cover. I've seen some less than favorable comments, but personally, I absolutely adore it. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Not only are the colors absolutely gorgeous, Bestie really said, "The category is CÚNT! 🐈:rihannayas_weave_pull_cocky_smirk_proud:

Ok fr you really are HER omg

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

I ******* love this song!! AND Marina's new album. It's 1 AM here but I can't stop! I didn't expect Lorde's single to drop today. No sleep then, I'm too hyped

I love they are both doing the mother nature healing type of vibe 

I logged off to go savor Ancient Dreams and Solar Power, but I just had to come back to say that it sounds even better with headphones. The harmonies are so crisp. :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

@Jordan Miller, help me out! Is this what Exhale is supposed to look like:

Screen-Shot-2021-06-11-at-1-58-37-AM.png

There used to be big, rectangular thumbnails on the front page, but I haven't had them for weeks, so I just assumed that was a new layout. However, I just noticed that either you or one of the mods added a picture to my original post so as to make it the thumbnail, so I'm guessing there's just something wrong on my end, no? :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

INSTANT SUMMER CLASSIC!!!

sunny day sun GIF

I love it, though reviews (just from speaking with friends) seem to be pretty polarizing. Some love it, some dislike it. Some found the backing vocals and repetition too distracting but I feel the opposite - I think it's delicate, angelic, psychedelic.

I didn't expect to like it as much as I do because her other lead singles general took awhile to warm up too. Big 1960's vibes all-around and I am so here for this era!

Love to see her continuing to push the envelope with new and refreshing sounds that the GP may not "get" immediately, but ends up being a big pay off. 

:yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

39 minutes ago, Mgmgmgmg said:

INSTANT SUMMER CLASSIC!!!

sunny day sun GIF

I love it, though reviews (just from speaking with friends) seem to be pretty polarizing. Some love it, some dislike it. Some found the backing vocals and repetition too distracting but I feel the opposite - I think it's delicate, angelic, psychedelic.

I didn't expect to like it as much as I do because her other lead singles general took awhile to warm up too. Big 1960's vibes all-around and I am so here for this era!

Love to see her continuing to push the envelope with new and refreshing sounds that the GP may not "get" immediately, but ends up being a big pay off. 

:yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Exactly. Truer words have never been spoken

1 hour ago, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

I ******* love this song!! AND Marina's new album. It's 1 AM here but I can't stop! I didn't expect Lorde's single to drop today. No sleep then, I'm too hyped

I love they are both doing the mother nature healing type of vibe 

but shes so ******* cute marina and the diamonds GIF

yeah I thought of that too! Love when the pop girls are on similar frequencies.          🌙 🌼🔮☀️

counting down to listen to new Marina tonight!